Doug Robson Journal (vegandougie)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Robert for taking the time to reply in my thread. It does mean a lot to me knowing that yourself and others take the time out to actually respond to members on this forum.

Again I meant what I said, if I can in anyway help to spread the message of your website and forum I will. It's a privilege to feel like I am part of something I believe passionately about, as well as connecting with like minded people - makes me feel I am not an outcast and part of a bigger community.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?si4loj

I missed posting my log yesterday as i was knackered after working long hours and then doing my workout. But i did do my workout and it felt good.

Hi Karen i am glad you liked my comments. Thats just the kind of guy i am - er all warm and mushy, especially after this workout

(I have decided to start experimenting with different smilies, Mr Green is a favourite of mine at the moment)

Any way back to the log:

Monday

2012-02-27

Exercise Weight Reps

Bench Press (Barbell, Incline)

1RM: 53.3 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 1680.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 40.0 kg

1 20.00 kg 12

2 20.00 kg 12

3 40.00 kg 10

4 40.00 kg 10

5 40.00 kg 10

Flyes (Dumbbell, Flat Bench)

1RM: 9.9 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 288.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 8.0 kg

1 4.00 kg 12

2 4.00 kg 12

3 8.00 kg 8

4 8.00 kg 8

5 8.00 kg 8

Shoulder Press (Barbell)

1RM: 31.0 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 800.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 25.0 kg

1 20.00 kg 10

2 20.00 kg 10

3 25.00 kg 8

4 25.00 kg 8

Front Raises (Dumbbell)

1RM: 6.2 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 128.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 5.0 kg

1 2.00 kg 12

2 2.00 kg 12

3 5.00 kg 8

4 5.00 kg 8

Lateral Raises (Dumbbell)

1RM: 3.7 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 68.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 3.0 kg

1 2.00 kg 10

2 3.00 kg 8

3 3.00 kg 8

Close-Grip Bench Press (Barbell)

1RM: 40.0 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 1350.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 30.0 kg

1 20.00 kg 12

2 20.00 kg 12

3 30.00 kg 10

4 30.00 kg 9

5 30.00 kg 10

Bench Dips

Total Weight Lifted: 3375.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 75.0 kg

1 75.00 kg 15

2 75.00 kg 15

3 75.00 kg 15

Today I did cardio 30 mins (on elliptical) 9.72 Kms.

I think i need to add some variety to this and try some road running or cycling (not machine - proper road biking). I was also thinking of increasing cardio but i am worried i could lose muscle mass - not quite sure how to approach this but i am getting fed up with the spare tyre.

My top half is beginning to show signs of growth especially arms, followed by chest and they feel rock hard. It is exciting but i don't want to jeapordise this progress.

Any suggestions any one?

Hey Doug,

You made a comment about finding it a pain to find out your macros everyday for what you eat, well that is one of the reasons my meals stay the same everyday. Once you work out your nutritional values then its done and you eat the same everyday, this is also a good way to track if you feel you need to eat more or less.

Plus if you know exactly what your eating everyday this can be helped to control any excess weight you may want to lose.

As for cardio, i think its definately a ggod idea to add cardio into your workout plan, i only do it once a week asa if i do too much i find the weight jst drops off me so quick but it is important from a health aspect.

All i can suggest is give it a go and see how you feel, try adding once a week and take notes on how it makes you feel and then take it from there.

Good luck with your training.

Matt

Thanks for the tips Matt, yeah i had better start getting on top of the macros - my job for the weekend

So here are tonight's stats, again a good workout and i am defiantly feeling it now but in a good way.

But before i do that i have a question for you to ponder - why is dyslexia so hard to spell?

Hope you all are having a good evening and shall be back tomorrow

Stiff Leg Deadlifts

1RM: 60.0 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 1750.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 45.0 kg

50 = 1rm

1 20.00 kg 10

2 20.00 kg 10

3 45.00 kg 10

4 45.00 kg 10

5 45.00 kg 10

Bent Over Row (Dumbbell, One-Arm)

1RM: 13.3 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 380.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 10.0 kg

1 4.00 kg 10

2 4.00 kg 10

3 10.00 kg 10

4 10.00 kg 10

5 10.00 kg 10

Squat rack chinup

1RM: 100.0 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 3000.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 75.0 kg

1 75.00 kg 10

2 75.00 kg 10

3 75.00 kg 10

4 75.00 kg 10

Arm Curls (Dumbbell, Incline)

1RM: 7.4 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 156.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 6.0 kg

1 2.00 kg 10

2 2.00 kg 10

3 6.00 kg 8

4 6.00 kg 6

5 4.00 kg 8

Hammer curls

1RM: 7.0 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 156.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 6.0 kg

1 2.00 kg 10

2 2.00 kg 10

3 6.00 kg 6

4 5.00 kg 8

5 5.00 kg 8

The problem with eating the same set meals each day is you'll soon become bored with them.

I personally don't bother with macros, I know what works for me. If you're going to be counting meal numbers though I'd recommend making up either various meal recipes & writing the numbers so you can put together meal plans or having menu templates where again you know the value.

Eg: you'd have a column for when you'd usually eat: breakfast, snacks, lunches, dinners ect & pick from the pool of recipes , or having complete set menus

Doug! I'm so pleased to hear you're noticing such changes in your body! Males it more encouraging to keep at it, eh?

I also like that you're experimenting with different emoticons. I'm too lazy to do that.

"People poo".... I am sitting in an airport and laughed out loud repeatedly when I read that! Well done!

Thanks for the tips Veggiesasquatch and Matt. I think i like the idea of a table of menus that i can mix and match so going forward i shall set to work on this.

Hey Miniforklift yeah that made me laugh as well - loved it so probably wrong of me too. Karen I can't take credit for the joke but i am glad you liked it.

Heres a new one from me, i hope you get it.

A Rabbit walks into a hardware store and asks the shop owner "Can I have some lettuce please?"

To which the shop owner replies "I am sorry mate but this is a hardware store and i don't sell lettuce"

The Rabbit sighs in disappointment and hops off.

The next day the same Rabbit walks into the hardware store and asks the shop owner "Can I have some lettuce please?"

The shop owner recognizes the rabbit and answers "Look i told you yesterday i don't sell lettuce now please leave!"

Again the Rabbit sighs in disappointment and hops off.

The next day the same Rabbit walks into the hardware store and again asks the shop owner "Can I have some lettuce please?"

The shop owner looking a bit perplexed replies "Look i told you yesterday and the day before i DO NOT sell lettuce now please leave!"

Again the Rabbit sighs in disappointment and hops off.

Now this happens a few times throughout the remainder of the week and the shop owner is getting very stressed to say the least, until finally one day when the Rabbit bounces in and asks the familiar question "Can I have some lettuce please?" the shop owner totally loses his temper and through gritted teeth responds with;

"Look this is a hardware store, i do not sell plant based foods of any kind - get it!!?

If you come in here again tomorrow asking the same question i shall nail your ears to the counter and beat you up!!!"

The Rabbit, senses the shop owners frustration and decides this would be a good time to leave and quickly bounds out of the store, leaving the shop owner ranting in fury.

The following day the Rabbit enters the hardware store and asks tentatively "Do you have any nails?"

The shop owner, baffled by this new question stutters "I am sorry but i sold my last box just an hour ago"

The Rabbit bit more bravely then replies.......(wait for it, drum roll please)

" Phew, in that case can I have some lettuce please"

The End

Now for tonight's workout and have a great weekend everyone

2012-03-02

Exercise Weight Reps

Squats

1RM: 73.4 kg

Total Weight Lifted: 2550.0 kg

Max. Weight Lifted: 55.0 kg

1 20.00 kg 10

2 20.00 kg 10

3 50.00 kg 10

4 55.00 kg 10

5 55.00 kg 10

6 55.00 kg 10

Good Mornings

Total Weight Lifted: 2000.0 kg

1 20.00 kg 10

2 20.00 kg 10

3 40.00 kg 10

4 40.00 kg 10

5 40.00 kg 10

Lunges (Barbell)

Total Weight Lifted: 1480.0 kg

1 20.00 kg 10

2 40.00 kg 10

3 40.00 kg 10

4 40.00 kg 12

Just noticed you're in the uk, snap;)

I dont'/never have or will be a macro counter. I'll use myfitnesspal app on my iphone once in a while just to see what I'm actually taking in but not much changes.

I Just listen to what my body tells me & i know (usually) how much food I'm going to need. I have the odd day where I'm not hungry much & days where every 1hr 30mins I'm ready to eat. It just boils down to what the goal is...

Don't let the number counting of food become the main thing in the training.

I wouldn't let a meal plan dictate when I eat. If I'm hungry I eat, simple. The keys just making sure it's quality foods.

I did my bulk just by getting in at least 200g of protein a day & as many carbs as I could stomach each time I ate, On a day off lifting I'D just tapper off carbs during the day

Hi Veggiesasquatch,

Yeh I live in a village near to kettering (literally 2 miles outside the town). Whereabouts are you from?

Thanks for the advice and taking the time to pp by this thread - i really appreciate it.

Anyway back to the training - there is none this week. I have decided to take the week off from training to recuperate and allow my achs and pains to settle. A bit of a low point this week as well had some very bad news today which i am trying to get my head around and to be honest training just doesn't feature in my lists of priorities at the moment. But again this is just a pause, time out to recover a bit.

I shall still lurk around the forums as i like to see what all you guys are up to and offer encouragement occasionally but for this week no updates.

Hey Doug,

I saw you wrote on my post a while back and sorry for not getting back to you sooner. February was just a bad month all around and didn't do anything because of that i gain all the weight back, but now i am start up again and giving it all that i got. I am sorry to hear you got bad news today and hope that they get better.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Robert Cheeke, Karen Oxley and Richard Watts. I got my prize package yesterday, so close to my birthday it was an early present. Loads of stuff in it and i had to exercise strong self discipline not to eat the vega bar before i had taken a picture of it.

I could hear it calling to me, enticing me but i resisted

I hope the pics turned out ok because i ate it as soon as i had taken them - yummmy

Any way here is the pic, i took them to help promote the next challenge and also encourage anyone on here to get involved for the next one - if this box of goodies doesn't motivate you i don't know what will!

PIC_2458.JPG.15d1e45f92aa23e29c8aa4890a6040ce.JPG

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DOUG!!!!

Just got back a couple days ago from cruising the Caribbean, but I've missed checking out your journal! Glad you got the prize package and that it arrived safe and sound. I threw in some extra goodies for you since you're so awesome.

I see you had a rough week last week. Bummer. I hope things are getting better for you. Know that you have a supportive community here who cares about you!

Hi Karen Thanks for the birthday wish and the kind words. I am taking a bit of time out but shall get back on it soon

Only managed a 30 min cardio session and didn't really put my all into it but i try to keep up with something. I am fine by the way i just had some rather upsetting news last week. Thanks as always for the support - i am not giving up it's just that sometimes life kind of throws us a curve ball and forces us to take a pause.

If i am not back into it by next week then you can kick my butt -i can say that as you are all in different countries, err except veggiesasquatch ...oops - you don't know my address do you?

Yes Mam I am getting back to it , missed you to Karen and well done on your run. You make me a proud geezer

Thanks Robert for popping by and wishing me a happy birthday on my post your a top man.

Today was a cardio day, i am switching days around to ease the rush of the week - i need to do overtime at work to ern some more pennies, fortunately there is plenty of overtime available, so i shall take advantage of it.

So now weights is on tuesday, thursday and Sat or Sun depending on how i can fit it in.

Slow start i only managed 9.47 Km in 30 mins on the eliptical but it felt real good to get back to it again.

So until tomorrow 'boa noite' (portuguese)