Jenny Natural's Daily Journal

DAY 18 & 19

Yesterday was a hard day in the gym, CRUSHED IT!! Worked Legs & Abs.

Today I attended a "Body Flow" class, this is a combination of Yoga & Pilates.

I really enjoy attending classes, it allows you to introduce exercises that you may not otherwise do and the social aspect of a class can be fun too!

My day started the way it usually does, a quick walk with the dogs, then onto a protein shake with a slice of toasted ezekiel spouted bread topped with coconut oil & cinnamon.

I typically stretch at home before going to the gym but today there was no need to stretch before a class full of stretches!

My body really needed to be stretched after the intense work out I put myself through yesterday. Pilates is a fantastic workout for the core also, lots of abdominal and glute muscle strengthening exercises.

After class I made a bowl of oatmeal, only I don't use the traditional oats, I use Kamut flakes. Kamut is a high protein grain, look into it if you haven't already. Kamut pasta is the only pasta noodle I eat.

I like to add cinnamon, flax seeds and almonds to my oatmeal. Once bowled I add chia and a sliced banana for extra energy and sweetness.

Also had another protein shake, just water & blueberries & protein.

Not sure what's up for lunch... but I have been getting back into the carrots dipped in all natural hummus and sliced avocado sprinkled with cayenne on top of rice cakes.

These snacks are energy packed and full of flavor!!

** I always say the same: Purchase Organic foods whenever possible!

Looking forward to tomorrow's spin class!! My favorite instructor is teaching, she really works the legs!

Have a great day everyone!

Day 20 & 21

How is everyone's weekend going?

Yesterday was a REST day for me, and did I ever need it!! Sometimes the bitter cold weather and a heavy work week can really get to a girl!!

Today started with the usual breakfast, a protein shake and a piece of sprouted ezekiel toast topped with organic extra virgin coconut oil and cinnamon.

Then it was off to the gym, I attended a really fun class called "body pump". The class works the whole body using 10-12-15lb weights, whatever you're comfortable with. I thoroughly enjoyed it, great energy and group! I finished my gym workout with the stair climber, which according to Robert Cheeke is the best cardio machine for building strength in the legs.

Had another protein shake when I returned home, but this one was just protein, water and blueberries.

Diet has been on point, after breakfast and my recovery shake, I had a Vega Vibrancy bar, an apple and a banana.

I have yet to eat my dinner, and not quite sure if I will prepare my dinner tonight or indulge in picking up some eats from one of my favorite places close to my house called Kale. http://kaleeatery.com/ Love this place!!

Time to walk the dogs!!

Have a fantastic evening friends!!

Tomorrow I am attending the 'Body flow' class with a couple of girlfriends

I ALWAYS hit a yoga class on Sunday, great way to get geared up for the week.

Keep working those muscles!! We gotta feed them constantly!

Day 22

Yoga- Yoga-Yoga!!

I seriously don't know what I would do without Yoga in my life!

It is so necessary for me to stretch out my muscles and build those tiny little muscles in the core that are sometime hard to work.

After my workout (and of course following my usual breakfast, read every other post to see what "usual breakfast" I'm referring to) I made a delicious spinach salad, with sunflower seeds, red peppers, chia seeds, flax seeds, tomatoes and cabbage, which I drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. All 100% Organic.

I have been congested again all day, so hot water and lemon has been my savior!

Mid-afternoon I had another protein shake, with avocado, blueberries, chia, flax, sun warrior protein and water.

For dinner, I finished the rest of my quinoa and veggie stew, and enjoyed a super sweet grapefruit for dessert. Again 100% organic. I understand that it isn't possible to purchase 100% organic all the time, as some foods are simply not available organically grown, but whenever possible I highly recommend going with organic.

This evening I cheated a little, was watching a old classic film from the 50's... I made organic popcorn, the old fashioned way, in a pot on the stove. I prepared the kernels in organic extra virgin coconut oil, then tossed with a little himalayan crystal salt to taste.

I had an apple with the popcorn too, for a little sweetness!! There is something about the combination of salty and sweet, nothing better!

Tomorrow it's back on the treadmill!! Gotta make up for several days of just working the core! It's hard to run with head congestion, but I will do my best to complete a decent run in a decent time!

Rest well friends!

Goodnight

Oh, lady! I hit the treadmill hard this morning- I guess this was the weekend for popcorn! I made some as well- and put Vega Sport Chocolate on it with unsweetened carob powder and stevia and a little sea salt- The salty/ sweet chocolate combo was good but won't happen again for a long time!

Hope you're feeling better with the congestion! Have a wonderful week!

Day 23

We are fast approaching the end of January... How is everyone feeling?

I'm almost fully recovered from my head cold, was battling it all weekend, but after trying to heal myself for just a couple of days... I'm doing pretty good

Today I worked out in the evening, my day was FULL, no time until I returned home at 7pm. I hit the treadmill for a 3.25 mile run to warm up, I always set it on random, so that you get a variation in the terrain.

Then I hit the gym floor, literally!! Push-ups, lunges with a 10lb medicine ball (swinging it from side to side as I lunged), calve raises, leg press, back extensions, crunches and of course stretching!

Had the usual protein shake and a piece of ezekiel sprouted toast for breakfast, today I had a black coffee too! Sometimes I enjoy a cup of coffee as a treat.

Lunch was an enormous plate of raw kale, beets and carrots, topped with lemon juice and olive oil... and a side of chickpea and spinach stew...YUM!

Dinner was a protein shake after the gym and a side of edamame, I'm about to make a spinach salad now. Still hungry!! I have a lot of work ahead of me, so I will be up for at least a couple more hours, if not more.

Tomorrow I'm attending Spin class with one of my friends, really looking forward to it! I like to go to spin class the day after a leg workout, I find it helps to get my quads super heated up and the blood flowing through the legs... which makes them feel better!

Rest well friends!

We're almost at the end of this month's challenge... FINISH STRONG!!

DAY 24

Spin class was great this morning!! My legs are still burning and it is almost 7 hours since class ended!! Love that!I finished my workout with crunches and dumbbell curls, and stretching of course!

Diet has been good today, haven't had dinner yet, but my breakfast and lunch looked like this:

Breakfast: SunWarrior protein shake with blueberries and avocado, flax and chia. Piece of toast with organic extra virgin coconut oil and cinnamon.

Mid morning snack: Organic pink grapefruit

Lunch: SunWarrior shake with blueberries and avocado, oats and flax.

Bowl of edamame and sunflower seeds.

Snack: Vega Vibrancy bar and a rice cake with almond butter.

Dinner is yet to come....

Have a great afternoon ALL!!

DAY 26

I always start my day with a Protein shake and a piece of ezekiel toast topped with organic x-virgin coconut oil and cinnamon. Today I changed up the shake a little:

400 ml H2O

1.5 scoops of SunWarrior Vanilla protein

1/3 Avocado

3/4 cup of baby spinach

1/2 cup of wild blueberries

1 tsp of cinnamon

1 tsp of flax seeds

ice and blend

A couple hours later I had a Vega Vibrancy bar and then a delicious bowl of fennel-tomato soup with 1 slice of Kamut bread and a purple kale salad topped with olive oil and lemon.

Afternoon snack: Another Vega Vibrancy bar & carrots

Hit the gym at the end of my day, it was all about the core! Started with a 1.25 mile run + 25 floors on the stair climber to warm up, then sumo squats, fir hydrants, push-ups, renegade rows, crunches, calve raises, planks and stretching.

Post-workout recovery shake was exactly the same as my breakfast shake. Then I took my shower and the dogs out for a walk.

Dinner was a sweet potato, a couple of carrots and 2 tsp of hummus, and a huge spinach salad with carrots, onions, tomatoes, cauliflower, sunflower seeds and hemp seeds.... dressing was olive oil, fresh garlic and balsamic vinegar.

I'm having a hot herbal tea now, will be off to bed soon.

How was your training today??

We're getting very close to the end of our New Year New You challenge, hope everyone is feeling the results of the hard work we've been putting in!!

Goodnight ALL!

DAY 27+28

Good Morning!

Just realized I didn't post my journal last night!! Will post DAY 29 later.

Friday was a great day in the gym, although I was very tired from the work week, I had to get my training in. I hit the gym at 9pm Friday night, completed a 3.5 mile RUN and then finished with crunches, push-ups and planks.

Yesterday, was an extremely busy day for me, so I had to complete my workout at home.

When at home, I use the stairs in my building to do a quick warm up (25 floors). Then I roll out my mat and start with some floor work, push-ups, fire hydrants, planks, yoga poses, burpees and crunches.

If it isn't possible to squeeze in the time to hit the gym, it's always possible to make time for a quick workout at home or on the go. Even giving the body a really quick 2 minute warm-up by jumping or jogging on the spot and doing some floor work for 10-15 minutes, helps to keep the blood flowing through the body and muscles. NO EXCUSES!!

Last night was super indulgent! I went to my favorite restaurant here in Toronto, called LIVE http://livefoodbar.com/ The RAW desserts are AMAZING!! I shared several desserts with friends, and enjoyed every morsel!

When I treat myself to desserts, I only eat RAW foods. At least when consuming these delicious and super rich items, I'm also feeding my body nutrients and in most cases a plethora of vitamins and minerals.

When it comes to nutrition, ALWAYS keep it WHOLE, FRESH and SIMPLE!

Time to get ready for YOGA class

Have a great day friends!

DAY 31

The final day of our New Year New You challenge!! It's bittersweet!

Congrats to all of the dedicated participants for sticking to your goal and completing this awesome challenge!

I hope you have seen yourself grow in strength and confidence.

Knowing that we are capable of committing to a goal and following through on that, is a HUGE confidence builder!!

So proud of each member of my team

You were an amazing group of hard working individuals, who inspired me to push myself on a daily basis also.

Thank you so much Ronnie, Lindsey, Sara and Andrea!

And an extra special thanks to Robert Cheeke and the VBB family for including in the NYNY challenge!

Take Care friends!

Keep pushing towards your fitness goals and once you achieve them, set new ones!!

Love and Respect to ALL!!

Hey RC!!

Hope the drive is going well, I noticed that you were in California.... In the sunshine!! YAY!! It's still hella cold here in Toronto, so wish I was in the sun!

I'm just finishing my SunWarrior protein shake, then off to the gym: StairClimber then Yoga. Did a killer leg work-out two days ago, my glutes & hamstrings are still aching!!

Safe travels my friend, let's talk soon

Ciao