Karen's...

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I enjoyed my time at the gym this evening. I did my scheduled Couch-to-5K run, which was the final run of week 3. It's so suprising to me how each of the 3 runs each week get easier. The first run of each week, I think I'm going to die and can't imagine how I'm going to get through it. Then the second run feels a little easier, and easier still the third run. I was able to do the runs faster and more consistently tonight than the other day, which felt great. So, between the walks and the runs, it was 2 miles in 30 minutes. Slow, I know, but there's still lots of walking in there. Overall, it felt great. Next run on Tuesday involves considerably more run time than the previous three weeks, so it will definitely be a challenge that I'm already looking forward to. I'll be on the road next week, so gotta make sure the gym is a priority, especially on C25K days! I could always run outside, but I don't know why I'm scared to run outside. I just feel more comfortable and consistent on the treadmill.

After 30 minutes on the treadmill, I did 20 minutes on the stair-climber. I did have to take 3x20-30 second breaks. Then steam room, pool, and hot tub. That felt a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

Much more to do tonight to get ready to leave for my trip early in the morning. Flying to Vegas to meet Robert and make the trip to Austin, where we will be assembling and shipping all the awesome prize packages to the VB&F challenge finishers! Yay! Looking forward to it!

I am sorry Karen. There is no way you are dumb, just a difference in cultural sense of humour

Any way have a safe trip to Vegas and think of us poor people back in old blighty, we have had six inches of snow overnight and I have to drive it to make sure the animals we look after are fed etc

You and Robert are doing great things for the animals

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.360195,-0.679293

Edited by VeganDougie

Hey Maria! Thanks so much for the positive thoughts! My mom is doing well now.

Yes, Robert and I are here in Vegas (since yesterday afternoon), and we'll be here till Wednesday afternoon. Maybe we could do a meetup or something? We'll see if it works out, depending on your schedule and ours. Keep in touch! You can also email us at [email protected].

Thanks again!

Karen

I'm quite tired, so my journal post isn't going to be as "fluffy" tonight. Just the facts, ma'am.

Today I worked out with Robert (obviously, from the above posts!). He showed me around the weights a bit, which was really what I needed.

Warm-up: 15-20 minutes on stairmaster (ugh)

Wall Ball Squats: 3x12

Invisible jump rope: 1x110, 1x150

Dumbbell Lateral raises: 3x12 @ 5s

Dumbbell Front raises: 3x12 @ 5s

Dumbbell Rear Delt raises: 3x12 @ 5s

Seated Dumbbell Overhead Press: 3x12 @ 10s

Straight Bar Upright Rows: 1x12 @ 16; 3x12 @ 20

Medicine ball partner sit-ups: 2x30

Stationary bike 20 minutes

Breakfast: banana, Vega WFHO shake, 1/2 orange, small piece of roti flatbread

Lunch: big salad from Whole Foods salad bar, and cup of mushroom barley soup

Dinner: Veg burrito bowl from Chipotle

Snacks: Dried apples and juice

Pre-workout: Vega Energizer

Post-workout: Primal Strip

Th-th-that's all, folks!

Thanks for all your support!

Hey Karen...

Thanks for letting me know I am getting a prize package!! Yippeeeeeee!!

that is ultra fantastic!! I am very excited.

Just to let you know I will be keeping up my blog...and I am currently training for the times colonist 10k run...I am doing it on a dare!! It's April 29th...I have lost a few more pounds and I am still doing light weights three days a week to keep my muscle up.

Have a great day

Bev

super jealous of your workout with Robert last week! awesome job! Also jealous of the whole foods salad you got from the salad bar that day. Seriously when I got there to "build my salad" i will be honest it gets out of control...for me thats like going to a candy store, im like a kid. I have to get just a little bit of almost everything on the salad bar. in fact the whole store is pretty much my favorite place to go. im a food dork.

Looking fwd to checking out more of your workouts this week! keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...