Compete rather than complete

LMNgetfit

Hello- I've been vegan for about 11 months after reading The China Study and watching Food, Inc. A co-worker of mine recommended the above and for me, making the conversion to plant based wasn't too difficult as I was already gluten free and dairy free (I've suffered for YEARS with IBS). I'm used to adjusting my food options continuously.

I've been an active person since high school - I'm 36 now. After needing to alter my workout routine due to boredom, I've recently trained and completed my 1st Sprint Distance triathlon and I admit, I'm hooked! My body enjoys the cross-training required to compete! So I've set a few goals for upcoming triathlons starting in May. Rather than just "finish" the event, I would like to post a competitive time!

I'm interested in shaping my body into a lean, performing machine.... I've decided my nutrition needs a tune up!!! I'm going to work on eating more fruits and veggies and LESS processed vegan, gluten free sweets (MY WEAKNESS!).

I look forward to the community board and learning a few new things to help me achieve my goals! Thanks ahead of time!

Hi! Welcome to the VBB forum! Congratulations on your transition to a vegan diet. It's the best decision ever! Although, I can totally relate to you about the processed vegan treats. I'm trying to overcome that weakness, as well.

Good luck to you on your triathalon goals!

Happy New Year,

Karen