Vegan sports gear

BrandonC

Does anybody know of anybody who makes custom sports gear? I need to get Pro-Wrestling boots but the ONLY option is a leather boot. I asked a company if they offered vegan options but the response was

I understand your issues, but there is nothing we have found that holds up like leather for wrestling boots.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/FlyingMaple/boots.jpg

^Those are the type of boots I am looking for, except vegan^

I understand your issues, but there is nothing we have found that holds up like leather for wrestling boots.

That's such nonsense... Not that I am an expert, and not that I know anything about the company, but it wouldn't surprise me if in fact they haven't tried anything besides leather... I might be wrong, but I imagine that leather is the first and last material that many companies try

Due to the shininess, they probably might have tried cheap high-gloss PVC for a synthetic, which would turn to crap after a short time. You won't be able to get a good synthetic with the same shine, but definitely a pair that's just as durable overall.

Yeah, exactly. When they said 'holds up' I assumed they were talking about durability. I have shoes / boots which have stayed fresh for a long time. Also, they don't even need to worry about being waterproof or anything like that.