Vegan subway choices

BrandonC

Hi there brandonc.

First off, I would look here:

http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/nutritionlist.aspx?id=breadtop

They also have vegetarian patties at the one by my house, but it has eggs in it sadly. They also have a lot more sauces such as vinaigrette.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinaigrette

When in doubt, ask them if they can check the ingredients. They have it in the back.

• 2 weeks later...

From Subway's website (http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNutrition/Nutrition/nutritionFAQs.aspx)

What menu items at SUBWAY® restaurants are vegan/do not contain animal-derived ingredients?

The menu items that do not contain any animal-derived ingredients are the Veggie Delite® on Italian bread and the Veggie Delite® salad. Also these individual items also do not contain animal-derived ingredients: all vegetables, oil, vinegar, mustard, sweet onion sauce and Fruizle. The wheat bread and deli roll contain honey but no other animal-derived ingredients.

A few months back I went in to get a salad. I noticed the employees use the same tongs to put the meats on the sandwichs as they use for all the veggies. It totally grossed me out so I left and didn't get the salad.

That probably happens at most restaurants, but there it was right ou in the open!

Lisa

A few months back I went in to get a salad. I noticed the employees use the same tongs to put the meats on the sandwichs as they use for all the veggies. It totally grossed me out so I left and didn't get the salad.

They probably thought nothing of it.

I was at a conference once and had requested a vegan meal for the lunch that was included in the registration fee. I ended up getting served when everyone else was already on to dessert. And what they brought me was a plate of grilled veggies that had obviously been grilled right on top of where the meat was grilled. They smelled just like grilled meat!

I sent it back and got some lame steamed veggies instead. (This is the reason I always take food with me when I travel---I went up to my hotel room right after this laughable excuse for a 'meal' and downed a soy mild protein drink I had and a food bar).

• 2 weeks later...

I identify with this 'COOKED' on top of 'MEAT' plate/grill.

My grandfather would probably not touch food outside the house.. actually over the last 50 years or so I dont think he has eaten outside.

When I first came to TX, 5 years back I used to be very sensitive about any meat touching and so on.

Even know its irritating when you have to consistently keep telling staff to not touch their meat stuff to my food (subway, quiznos). (please change ur gloves etc).

Why cant a company like subway make their employees aware as a SMALL part of their training that when someone says VEGGIE or says that they are VEGETARIAN / VEGAN then they need to automatically do the following:

- Change their gloves

- Clean the boards where meat related food was cut

- Atleast wipe the knife they use to cut the sandwiches

I usually have enough pain trying to get them to do Step 1 here. 2 & 3.. I am lucky if they listen to me. But, I travel for work so I've got to make do on a busy schedule. Cant sit on their heads and do things perfect.