Good deodorants for men

skee-lo

I'm still unable to find a deordorant with healthy ingredients that's strong enough for me. I've tried deodorants by nature's gate and Jason with no luck. I know someone suggested crystal body deodorant in one of the threads but it contains aluminum and I was told that aluminum is bad. Please if you guys here know of any good deodorants please let me know. Thanks.

Edited by skee-lo

So I went back to a mainstream brand so I didn't have to stink anymore

lol. I know what you mean. If the natural deodorants are not even strong enough for women, it must be pretty bad.

The type of cloths you wear could help but still not enough for me when doing some kind of activity. I'm the type of person that sweats very easily and living in south florida doesn't help in that matter.

It would be helpful if they listed the ingredients for the body mint. I can't seem to find it.

I remember when my dad knew a guy at his job that use to travel to spain every year and would get this deordorant called byly. It worked great for me when I was about 13 (about 8 years ago). I don't remember my dad ever complaining about it. Has anyone ever tried it?

http://www.vitacost.com/BylyDeodorantCream

Not sure which ones you tried but the crystals should not have aluminum. I think the one that I buy states "no alum" on it and only "natural mineral salts" as the only ingredient.

Aluminum derivatives are normally used in anti-perspirants to keep you from sweating. The crystals are deodorants and technically not even that (they do not really deodorize; they stop odor from ever existing.)

There are natural salt based. The salt increases the alkaline on your skin and pores. Bacteria, the source of the smell, will not grow on high alkaline skin. Therefore the bacteria never forms and no bad smell is given.

Not only are these effective but I like the idea (stopping bacteria) before it creates a bad smell versus covering up an already bad smell (what traditional deodorants do.) I think it is analogous to cleaning your comode so there is no bad smell (what crystals do) versus pouring perfume into a dirty toilet but not cleaning it (what traditional deodorants do.)

Just go to a Whole Foods or health food or web stores and look at ingredients. Crystals should just state "natural mineral salts."

Edited by 9nines

The person that told me about Body Mint told me it was vegan. Here are the ingredients:

BodyMint tablets are made from an all-natural, highly specialized, derivative of chlorophyll. BodyMint¹s unique formulation process give it the uncommon power to reduce unpleasant body odors from multiple sources, such as breath, underarm and foot odor. BodyMint does not contain herbs, animal or dairy products, wheat, gluten, corn or sugar, preservatives or colorings or mint.

Ingredients: Chlorophyllin, dicalcium phosphate, cellulose, stearic acid.

maybe it's worth a try the body mint stuff.

I've tried everything under the sun at Wild Oats. I can tell you this...stay away from any of the products that contain pine. Gave me a rash so bad my skin was peeling off for weeks! Cotton is a great absorber, but when you sweat, the cotton sticks to you and makes it very uncomfortable to work out in. I think I'm gonna try the body mint stuff...can't hurt.

I second the crystals. The Thai Crystal brand seems to work best for me - I've made other deodorants weep at the prospect of being unable to tame my perspiration, but that one has worked for me for ages. I barely sweat, and the little that I do have has no odor whatsoever, by far the best thing I could want. Good stuff!

Crystals are also cheap; for amount of uses, it is just a little over a cent a day.

A $3 crystal will probably last a year, used everyday. I say probably because I usually drop one, within 3 or 4 months of use and it breaks into smaller chunks, so I buy a new one then. Based on how it wears , if I were more careful and did not break it, it would likely last almost a year.

Hmm I've been using Tom's of Maine unscented deodorant (Tom's of Maine is sold most everywhere around here). It smells like lemon or something I like it. They use lichen to combat odor.

It's pretty effective for the most part. By the end of the day I can start to smell it wearing off but I have asked a close friend and they havent said anything to me about it yet. Regardless you could always reswab at some point in the middle of the day for extra protection.

I haven't tried it in the summer yet so I'm not sure what will come of that. I also exercise in the morning before I shower so if I smell it's of no concern to me so I don't know how it holds up through a workout...

I used Tom's of Maine for years. But my husband thought it was not strong enough for him. We found this brand by a company called Madina. It is great. Now that we live in a tropical climate we both needed something a little stronger. This brand works the best. The only place we have found it is a store in Harlem and we stock pile it b/c we only get to NY a couple of times a year.

Lisa