Not sure on a routine..

I am looking to slim and tone most areas of my body. Slimming and then filling in with muscle. So far I do about an hour of cardio 3-5 times a week. Running, biking and elliptical. Abs and legs 10-10-15 two days in a row at about 40-70 lbs. Rest day then the cardio and arms, chest and back, same reps, sets and weight two days in a row. Which machines are best for this?? Also, am I doing enough??

Hi, could you give us an idea of your weight and what your diet is on an average day?

I would recommend doing a strength training routine such as Starting Strength. Focus on getting stronger and as long as your diet is good, the muscle will come. You don't need machines for this, just a barbell, plates and a rack.

Combine that routine with cardio a couple of times a week and it shouldn't be too difficult to keep the fat off. Not sure if you do intervals, or slower steady-state cardio, but I would be more inclined to to intervals as an effective way to lose fat. Something different you could try would be to do interval training with sprints outside.

I recently lost weight and am now 5'10 and 158lbs. I do long distance running outside but at the gym I do the treadmill for a half hour at 5.3-6.0 miles an hour, the elliptical for a half and hour and if I have time I add the bike at resistance 12 for a half hour. I like to do 3 miles on each if possible. I have a pass for a personal trainer at the gym but I don't think they will get what I want to do..