gluten-free, soy-free sources of protein?

csrpj

i'm gluten intolerant, and sketched out by soy. i'm looking for high-protein vegan sources of food. besides protein powder, i can't think of anything. i know lentils are about 27% protein, but that's still a low number (given that the average daily protein consumption would be much less mixed with other foods throughout the day). vegetables can be high in protein as a percentage, but are not very caloric. basically, i'm trying to incorporate a good amount of protein in my diet for bodybuilding purposes (maybe 140gs/day) without animal products, gluten, soy, and preferably without relying too much on protein powders. i'm having a hard time making that work - any ideas?

I know that raw vegan BBers use spirulina and spinach (veggie that is very high in protein - and yes you will have to eat a box container of it a day). I also use nutritional yeast (from putting it on popcorn, to adding 1/4 cup to my soups/broth, or making a 'cheezy' sauce for broccoli/cauliflower/or even pasta (gluten-free pasta of course)).

Bowls and bowls of legumes. And with grains even better.

For example if 1 cup of cooked beans/lentils/peas would generally yield about 24 grams of protein you'd need to take in about 6 cups of it a day. Not too difficult when you figure 1 or 2 cups per meal spread throughout your day.

Also take into consideration that a good portion of the carbs in legumes is fiber, so it works out as a high protein food.