Squat, bench, DL & occasional running

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, checking in and wishing you a great weekend!

Thanks for all your contributions here and thanks for your support of our website.

Always appreciated.

Have an awesome weekend!

Robert

Thanks Robert, hope you have a fantatic weekend as well.

It's great on here ~ I'm learning a lot and there's some great people to interract with. Love it

Here's a few of my meals from the last few days. I'm getting in the kitchen more, I quite enjoy cooking...

Friday night

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=277482&d=1336256927&thumb=1

Homemade chickpea curry

Naan bread with lots of garlic, dessicated cocounut and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese

Saturday lunch

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=277483&d=1336257129&thumb=1

Takeout from local vegetarian restaurant, TVP 'black peppered steak', veges, salad, rice and some potato & carrot thing. Damn tasty!

Saturday night

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=277484&d=1336257379&thumb=1

Homemade 'meatball' mix. Just chucked loads of good stuff in here and it turned out pretty good ~ even my wife liked it and she's not a vegetarian. That can only mean that my cooking is improving haha.

Here's a few of my meals from the last few days. I'm getting in the kitchen more, I quite enjoy cooking...

Friday night

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=277482&d=1336256927&thumb=1

Homemade chickpea curry

Naan bread with lots of garlic, dessicated cocounut and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese

Saturday lunch

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=277483&d=1336257129&thumb=1

Takeout from local vegetarian restaurant, TVP 'black peppered steak', veges, salad, rice and some potato & carrot thing. Damn tasty!

Saturday night

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=277484&d=1336257379&thumb=1

Homemade 'meatball' mix. Just chucked loads of good stuff in here and it turned out pretty good ~ even my wife liked it and she's not a vegetarian. That can only mean that my cooking is improving haha.

These all sound awesome, but I can't see the pics...

The game was great last night, a really close match and great atmosphere at the new AMI stadium. Got a little bit of video that I shot just before the players came out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izRe6K8Sihk

Corporate box is the way to go, we basically had free run of the top of the stands which was cool. Also got two bartenders and a waitress at our disposal

1.jpg.7c654526d9d9570e9e502b661fb086fc.jpg

2.jpg.ed9b13f86e42336f3efa166398944e0d.jpg

3.jpg.9c62bb20f5b9393e0679358228276f38.jpg

Yo MF,

Been away awhile and alot to catch up on. First i hope your injuries are sorted now - i know what it is like to feel the pain.

Also hope the Rugby was good - i live quite close to Northampton Saints ground - might try and get to see a game myself - did you follow any of the 6 nations over their by the way? Wales thoroughly deserved the win (i find that hard to to admit it sticks in the throat a bit .....and something i try not to tell my mate who is welsh).

Also nice bit of guitar going on their - i have a telecaster and a classical guitar. Any way hope training is going ok and look forward to getting back in it again myself

Thanks for dropping in Doug, I appreciate that.

I'm off to the gym now to get a quick session in before I head away for the weekend, going to spend a few days at our holiday home. It's right on the lakefront, not much out there so very quiet and relaxing. Just a few quiet beers at night, a massage and a swim or two in the lake. Perfect.

14094_334785338719_556433719_3513026_2365645_n.jpg

... actually, it would be perfect if the water got warmer than 15 degrees !!!

Bach.jpg.d741e830b5672ba322940fe5eeb780e6.jpg

SATURDAY 12th May

BODYWEIGHT: 137.5

TRAINING TIME: 11am

DURATION: 40mins

COMMENTS: Quick session before heading away for the weekend

WEEK: EASY

RESTING PULSE RATE: 50

APPETITE: GETTING BETTER

PRE WO NUTRITION: Coriander pancakes, Tom Yum dumpling soup, lge espresso

POST WORKOUT NUTRITION: Soy protein shake + 1 x tsp greens

GENERAL UPPER BODY

D.BELL SIDE LATERALS

2 x sets of 12

STANDING 1 x ARM D.BELL SHOULDER PRESS

3 x sets of 12

INC. D.BELL CHEST PRESS

3 x sets of 12

STANDING CLOSE GRIP LAT PULLDOWNS

2 x sets of 12

CABLE PUSHDOWNS (rope attachment)

3 x sets of 12

Hey MiniForklift,

Thanks for posting a message on my thread, gave me a kick up the bum to update it,

due to a busy work schedule i tend to just write the whole weeks worth of workouts up on my day off.

I noticed you went away for the weekend, how was it?

Keep up the good work, your workouts always look impressive.

Matt

THURSDAY 17th MAY

BODYWEIGHT: 138

TRAINING TIME: 1pm

DURATION: 55mins

COMMENTS: Damn good session with my old training partner Ray

WEEK: EASY

RESTING PULSE RATE: 50

APPETITE: DECENT

PRE WO NUTRITION:

Coconut rice, spicy mushroom balls and fresh vegetables (see photo below)

POST WORKOUT NUTRITION: Soy protein shake + 1 x tsp greens

MORNING FASTED CARDIO

RUN

4.6km, 23mins (ave spd 12kph / 5.00min/km)

GENERAL

INCLINE BENCH

15/12/10/10

FLAT D.BELL PRESS

12/12/10

D.BELL FLYES

10/10

50 REP BOSU BALL PRESSUPS

20/15/10/5

HIGH REP ATG SQUATS

20/20/20

LEG PRESS

25/20/15

Lunch.jpg.9960c3b0e2425b5f1b3ac0df05f70623.jpg

PreWO lunch

Man, you've got a really detailed journal!

I've gotta follow your lead in some of those ways.

Have a great week of training. Hit it hard!

Glad you had a good ol time training with your buddy. Those are fun times, training with friends.

Thanks, hoping to get some good training in this weekend after a rubbish day yesterday.

A couple of guys came into the shop, I spent about 10mins talking to them and then they left really suddenly. I checked over by where they were hanging out as I thought they might have stolen some stock. It was about an hour or so later when I realised they had stolen my phone which I had on the back counter. Lost quite a few photos of my little girls, some I had taken just that morning of my eldest daughter at her school swimming lesson.

I don't really care about the phone, it's all the stuff that was on it like the photos and some videos of the girls when they were younger

Sorry to hear about the phone mate. There are some real scumbags out there!

Anything I say is going to sound a bit lame and predictable but I hope you manage to get it back. Did you manage to get any of the photos backed up to pc . If you had iPhone did you have it set up for the cloud with backups automatically backed up to this?

Came up with this recipe yesterday afternoon, thought it turned out pretty good. The chili and spices gave it a bit of a kick

JIM'S WINTER WARMER (serves two)

INGREDIENTS

4 x large field mushrooms

1/2 an onion

1 x tin chickpeas

400ml coconut milk

2 x tbsp coconut oil

250g firm tofu

2 x cloves chopped garlic

2 x bay leaves

1/2 tsp cumin

1/4 tsp tumeric

1/4 tsp ocean/sea salt

1 x red chili

Palmful of fresh baby spinach

COOKING

Melt a tablespoon of coconut oil, add in a clove of chopped garlic and stir fry the tofu until yellow and crispy. Once cooked, remove and put aside.

Add the second tablespoon of coconut oil and throw in the the second clove of chopped garlic along with the mushrooms and finely sliced onion. Stir through and cook on a reasonably high heat for a couple of minutes. Next, throw in the chickpeas and your spices (the bay leaves, cumin and tumeric) and cover the pan while you cut the red chili; slice in half, remove the seeds and then finely dice. Once done you can throw that in the pan and add in the coconut milk, salt and the tofu that was fried up earlier.

Re-cover your pan, turn down the heat and leave it to cook through for about 5-10mins.

Mix in the baby spinach just before serving and you'll have a beautiful healthy dish that will fill and warm you up.

Yum.jpg.1fa0d32cd0c2ed2e6f83eb3493c4db3e.jpg

JIM'S WINTER WARMER