Something for the Women

It just needed a few tweaks:

I am my own woman.

I wear make up when I feel like it and I prefer lifting gloves over chalk.

I do my own manicures and I scrub my own callouses.

I smile and glisten while I'm working out. I also sweat and laugh but I never curse.

I am my own woman.

I am as proud of my muscles as I am of my luscious curves.

They are evidence of the fun I have in the gym and my beauty as a woman.

I am my own woman.

Autodidact, Teacher, Friend.

Increased enjoyment of life is my mission.

Happiness is my goal.

I am my own woman.

I am proud of every decision I make and I admire who I have become.

I shine so that others can see what's possible and I clap for them when they join me.

I have always been a genius and a physical juggernaut but now I believe it.

I am my own woman.

I am unlimited.

And so are you.

Baby Herc

Don't forget to add, "I am white, educated, and wealthy"

Yeah, I've never done crossfit so I have no idea what it's like in there but I wouldn't be surprised about the demographics. I would guess it's a more middle class/working class thing. It looks fun. And it makes you strong!

Nice rewrite, Herc. I don't agree with everything in the original graphic either. I just need reinforcement sometimes about overcoming my own insecurities in the gym or training or whatever. I'm in it to be strong and fit and so my body can do what I ask it to do, not so I can fit into someone else's usually unattainable vision of what sexy is... including to the point of having plastic bags of silicone stitched into gaping surgically induced chest wounds and having bacterial poison injected into my forehead for glamour's sake. Sometimes its hard to read Shape magazine et al and not subconsciously drink the koolaid. Most of the time it's not though

Nice rewrite, Herc. I don't agree with everything in the original graphic either. I just need reinforcement sometimes about overcoming my own insecurities in the gym or training or whatever. I'm in it to be strong and fit and so my body can do what I ask it to do, not so I can fit into someone else's usually unattainable vision of what sexy is... including to the point of having plastic bags of silicone stitched into gaping surgically induced chest wounds and having bacterial poison injected into my forehead for glamour's sake. Sometimes its hard to read Shape magazine et al and not subconsciously drink the koolaid. Most of the time it's not though

Nicely said. Truth be told, I have never heard of Crossfit and I'll be satisfied going to my grave never knowing. My idea of "cross-fit" is a racer back sports bra.

Baby Herc