Race Times

Tarz

5 miles - 29.12

10k - 34.58

10 miles - 63mins ( on a very hilly course though )

Half-marathon - 78.23

I've won a couple of races, but I'm usually in the top 10 or 20 of several hundred, depending on the quality and size of the field.

I tried a 20 mile race once - collapsed at about 16-17 miles. Atrocious weather conditions, and I hadn't really trained for this kinda distance

I was Staffordshire County Hurdles Champ when I was 11

Thanks bobbycore.

I could improve further if I gave up the weights and joined a running club and really trained properly. To be honest I just do my own thing. I should race more than I do though.

I woz a really good sprinter when I was 9-11. Lost my speed when I was teenager, got into road running when I was 16, been doing the miles ever since

Hey Tarz (Matt),

I remember we used to e-mail about our race times a year or two ago! Time passes by quickly.

Some of my best times were:

400m =56.5 seconds

800m =2:10

1500m =4:33

3000m =9:49

5000m =16:46

10,000m =37:36

Most miles run in one day = 22

Most miles run over 2-day period = 39 (22) (17)

Most miles run in one week = 84

Most miles run on one pair of shoes = 1,000

I could improve further if I gave up the weights and joined a running club and really trained properly.

For me it's similar: I'm all into basketball and if I do too much long distance running, i would loose some of my explosive strength (first step, jumping) which is very important to my game.

I just did a half-marathon once in my life. That was 2 years ago (18 years old at the time) and I ran it in 1h 37minutes which was pretty good , also regarding I didn't know how to ration my power really.

Maybe when I'm older I'm going to get more into long distance running...

With the shorter distances I'm in Rob's category pretty much.

Happy running!

Here's my chance to brag - although Robert did once beat me in a race (oh the shame!!!!) I have some decent PRs:

flying 50m (50 with a running start, hand timed by my college coach): 5.1

400m (in HS): 53 (relay split)

800m (en route on 1000 in college practice): 2:00

1000m (college practice): 2:30

1500m: 4:00.01 (I was pissed that I didn't go under!)

1 mile (college practice): 4:17

3K steeple chase: 9:39 (ran once)

2 miles (college practice) 9:20 or so

5k 15:20

8k XC 25:30

10k XC 33:30

Half marathon: 1:16:30 (ran once)

I can also bench press about 110 pounds and do about 3 pull ups .

I like b-ball too.

Hah Topher,

How can I ever forget.

11.30pm on a Saturday night in Manchester, on the approach to the 'Curry Mile'. Lot's of traffic. Me and Topher were jogging to the supermarket and Topher just bounded over a pretty high fence. He had a dud ankle at the time. Love to see you jump when you're not carrying injuries.

Yeah, the people in the cars must of been like WTF?

NickM - they are very fast times. Do you still run and if so do you race? The 10k time is all the more impressive as it was XC, which tend to be harder courses than road races.

NickM is the guy who got me into running back when I was 14 years old. So he's a local guy, we actually work at the same location here in Corvallis. I talked with him today and he told me he posted his times on here.

He is a very fast guy, but I've beat him and even have a photo of it. We ran for one year together in college. Then I gave up running for weight lifting and he transferred to University of California at Berkeley and continued his running career there.

Nick was over at a vegan potluck at my house this past Sunday too and we recalled our times running back when I was a lot thinner and faster.

He may be a lot faster but I can do about 37 more pull-ups and more than double his bench press

We played on the same basketball team this past winter too. Sparkle Motion!

• 4 weeks later...
Hah Topher,

How can I ever forget.

11.30pm on a Saturday night in Manchester, on the approach to the 'Curry Mile'. Lot's of traffic. Me and Topher were jogging to the supermarket and Topher just bounded over a pretty high fence. He had a dud ankle at the time. Love to see you jump when you're not carrying injuries.

Yeah, the people in the cars must of been like WTF?

NickM - they are very fast times. Do you still run and if so do you race? The 10k time is all the more impressive as it was XC, which tend to be harder courses than road races.

Well, I haven't raced recently. I have been battling plantar fasciitis for the past year or so and haven't run since October! I've been getting into biking and swimming though. So who knows, maybe Brendan will have some competition in the triathlon arena

I would still like to improve my running times and I think my feet are on the mend.

My last race was the Hood to Coast relay here in Oregon. It is the largest relay race in the world. Our team did really well the last couple of years, but unfortunately I won't be racing it this year. I actually think that it was responsible for pushing my plantar fasciitis over the edge. I ran really well last year though, but I think I may be retired from HTC.

• 5 months later...

1500 meters 4:32:90 (2005) track (on spikes)

3000 meters 10:45:46 (2005) track (without spikes) yes this time will be gone by the end of this year just did it once

5000 meters 17:50:20 (2005) track (without spikes)

5000 meters 17.45 (2005) road

10000 meters 37.10 (2005) road

goal for 2006 break them all!!!

Tarz are you comming next month?

Robert

good times on 400, 800, 3k 5k

tarz xnickmx good times guys!!

Tarz are you comming next month?

Maybe to cheer you guys on....

I don't think I'll be able to get much sleep the night before, so that's why I haven't considered the race. I hate early race starts. I think the race starts early?? I might get a train from London and come to watch and cheer you all on. I never know what I'm doing from one weekend to the next.

It'll be good to meet you at some point though Runner.

Let's hope a PB in the 10mile for you!!

nice times everyone!

here's me:

1995 (went vegan in '94)

400m: 54 (relay split)

800m: 2:04 (was faster in high school, but pre-vegan)

1500m: 4:23

ran some 5k and 10k races but i don't remember my pb.

marathon: 3:05:54

10 mile: 1:06:21

• 7 years later...

Some great times on here !! Here are my running PB's (from what I can remember)...

10km: 40.00

15km: 1:04

21km: 1:35

42.2km: 3:54

50km: 6:00

70km (offroad mountain ultra): 11:22.32

I have my first 100 mile race in August, no time goals for that one. Just a finish would be more than I could ask for!

• 8 months later...