Eating immediately after a workout and how much protein?

No, I'm sure we could drag this thread out for another 5 pages or so going on about differences in opinion on when to drink shakes...... We could make this thread "vi-rule" if we tried hard enough....... Not really.

Speaking of autocorrect you've probably seen this, but my wife loves this web-site http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/ I think it's funny, but I'm never as amused with it as she is.

In regards to waking up hungry, there's different things that could be going on, but it seems most likely that your body is not getting something that it wants. That something could just be general calories. If there's not enough fuel in the tank, your body will wake up wanting it. And I know this is contrary to what people usually say (I'm weird like that), but I eat about 2 1/2 cups of cooked rice with beans and vegetables almost every evening around 7/8 o'clock and then go to bed at 11. Then when I wake up, right after I pee for like the 3rd time after going to bed I drink about 1/2-1 liter of water to flush my system out before breakfast.

Speaking of all this, have you ever noticed that bodybuilders (vegan or otherwise) have crazy rituals that you don't see as much of in other sports. We are an odd bunch.

You ideally need a slow releasing protein before bed...I'm vegetarian so I have a few options, vegan wise I'm not that sure without digging out my research files

Try something simple like a bagel with peanut butter with x2 glasses of your favourite type of milk.

If your hungry though it's a good sign the trainings going well, if you had no appetite then you'd need to adjust training.

You ideally need a slow releasing protein before bed...I'm vegetarian so I have a few options, vegan wise I'm not that sure without digging out my research files

Try something simple like a bagel with peanut butter with x2 glasses of your favourite type of milk.

If your hungry though it's a good sign the trainings going well, if you had no appetite then you'd need to adjust training.

Why is that a sign that training is going well???

I am more a vegetarian.

• 2 weeks later...