Digestive Pains

Ok, so I have a question regarding the topic of digestive pains/ discomfort. I eat a variety of fruits, veggies and grains throughout each day and further support my meals with a protein shake (either Vega or Sunwarrior), yet it seems like I get digestive tract discomfort and gas everyday. It is very embarrassing.

I mean being a guy, having gas once in a while is one thing, but everyday all throughout the day is sign to stop and see what is going on and to find some answers ASAP. Especially when it seems like it is all the time. I drink plenty of water throughout the day. In the morning upon awakening I take Flax Oil and a couple Biotin capsules that I wash down with some water that is mixed with a product called Kanwa, which is a clay that contains all of the vitamins and minerals the human body truly needs to function at its peak. I mean the Tibetan monks have been using this stuff for thousands of years and NASA gives it to their astronauts. Later in the morning I take and mix up some Nutritional Yeast Flakes for all of my B-vitamins.

I love to mix it up with a variety of veggies and grains/rice (oatmeal, granola, quinoa). I don't really consume any soy. It really seemed like it was giving me gas when I did have it as a part of my diet, but since then I have cut it out. I also drink plenty of water throughout the day.

Please any help would be most appreciated!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

I have IBS so I understand your pain. I would start with drinking water as soon as you get up, wait about 15-20 minutes and then try the supplements. The Kanwa sounds like it may be part of the problem.. Does it have a laxative effect? What's in it?

I'd also try cutting gluten out for at least a week to see if that helps. It sounds like you may be intolerant to something you're eating.

Hope this helped a bit..

• 2 weeks later...
....a product called Kanwa, which is a clay that contains all of the vitamins and minerals the human body truly needs to function at its peak. I mean the Tibetan monks have been using this stuff for thousands of years and NASA gives it to their astronauts....

I would definitely cut this out first. I will admit that I don't believe the company's claims about their product, but beside that, it could be causing the digestive trouble in your body. So try cutting that out and see what happens.

Also check your fiber intake and make sure you are chewing your food very well. When I first went vegan, I massively increased my fiber intake without chewing properly, and my stomach paid the price!

If you have cut out tofu and that hasn't helped, then feel free to bring it back! Good source of calcium and protein.