Need help with stubborn belly fat

I've always had this "smooth gut syndrome", lol. Even when I was an active wrestler in high school I still had a flab midsection.

I've hit the cardio hard over the years, done hi-intensity stuff like circuit training, Insanity, etc., and no matter what I try I cannot shed this. I eat a very clean diet and enough cals., I track them on fitness pal. Played with different ratios, not much difference.

How about some ideas from you guys who have been successful in cutting those abs.

How active are you? Training in the gym every day may not be enough if people sit down for the other 22.5 hours in the day.

If you do sit a lot, you could get up frequently to move around or to do some simple exercises. Even standing up more often will help. NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis and all that)

If you are very active throughout the day, I don't know what else to suggest apart from looking again at your diet.

Good luck!

What do you eat on a daily basis? And what exercises are you doing? Try focusing on squats and deadlifts and doing ab exercises where you're standing up so it's more of a functional position. Also, this will sound funny.. But make sure you have your abs tucked in when walking. Not in a way that's noticeable, but just enough to support your back. Is there any chance of some of it being bloat? Or is it actual belly fat?

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it.

Martin - I do sit a lot. I have a driving/delivery job & I sit for several hrs. while doing that work.

greengoddess - Because of a weird work schedule, I sleep twice for about 3.5/4 hrs. each time. I try to shoot for 4-5 meals, but that's tough sometimes. I consume a vegan diet w/ little fat, other than flax oil that I mix in w/ shakes.

Recently I mixed up the training & started circuit training. I figured the short rest intervals with relatively constant movement would assist in burning more fat.

I do like squats/deadlifts, but I've always been one that kinda gets bored w/ floor ab work. I will do it but I tend not to put as much into it as I do bench work, for example.

Bloat - I believe you may have hit on something with that. I would say it looks bloated; I have done some reading on that & I feel I should up my fiber/water intake.

But, it is also fat, lol, as my abs are smooth.