how much protein is in seitan?

It could very well be 75g/100g, but keep in mind that it is protein from wheat, so it is limited in lysine. The protein score of seitan is only around 50, so make sure you get other high lysine proteins throughout the day to maximize your benefit. AKA 100g of seitan has 75/2=37.5g of complete protein, and 37.5g of protein that is completely lysine deficient.

It could very well be 75g/100g, but keep in mind that it is protein from wheat, so it is limited in lysine. The protein score of seitan is only around 50, so make sure you get other high lysine proteins throughout the day to maximize your benefit. AKA 100g of seitan has 75/2=37.5g of complete protein, and 37.5g of protein that is completely lysine deficient.

thx for the info.It seems most people on here love seitan.

I just wonder what is the taste like!

I also use it for 1 of my meals daily. I eat half a package of Trader Joe's beefless or chickenless strips which yields 28 grams of protein for that meal and very minimal carbs. I find it to be one of the best tasting seitans that doesen't add alot of extra stuff that makes the carb content go up.

For chickenless strips, I will often turn it into a chicken salad by adding red onion, vinegar, salt, pepper, onion powder, a little sweetener and a small amount of veganaise and putting it in the food processor. For the beef I take some grilled onions, a little liquid smoke, pepper and onion powder.

Since I eat alot of vegan protein, I try to BALANCE out my protein sources choosing different ones at each meal. One meal brown rice protein, the next high protein tofu, then next seitan, the next hemp protein, etc, etc.