Animal protein question

There is something i don't quite understand.Millions of bodybuilders around the world eat tons and tons of animal protein (especially meat) yet they almost never get sick.I know a lot who have been eating for more than 30 years like that! If animal protein was bad these guys would be dropping dead left and right or getting seriously ill at least.Most of the health complaints were related to weight lifting and not the diet.

John Mcdougal and the movie forks over knives says if you eat animal protein you will get fat and sick.Can someone shed some light on this?

i dont agree with consumption of animal protein but you can still most likely avoid obesity and heart problems if you workout hard and manage your calories and macros and stay away from too much saturated fat and sugar. vegans can be fat and sick too if they eat too much oil and sugar.

Your body is not as strong on a meat-based diet as on a plant-based. That is my own observation, not a scientific finding with documentation. But the reason I say that is animal protein is acidic whereas plant based proteins are alkalizing. Your body prefers the latter, but cancer loves the former.

Also, you have to keep in mind that what you are probably comparing the average bodybuilder to is the average person who doesn't exercise. The average person who doesn't exercise is a great example of being disease ridden.