Hi

Draggingsticks

Hi, my name is Keith. I have been a vegetarian for almost a year now. I havnt lost much weight after the change. I guess I just switched to eating more chips etc. I am 37,6'3" 258 lbs, chubby. I am ready to get in shape. I would say I am a beginner and was curious how to set up a workout program for me. I want to add some muscle and get rid of this fat. Any help in setting up a program would be awesome. Like how much cardio etc, how many days lifting, stuff like that. Help with meals would be good too. I eat a lot of lentils and use a pea protein and rice protein powder, and take multi vitamin. Thanks

Welcome Keith! I'm only a beginner myself when it comes to lifting weights, but if you search this forum there's plenty of information that will help you out. One program I know of that you may want to check out is Starting Strength.

Many of the members here share what they're eating on their work out days in their training logs, and you can get more ideas from blogs like FatFreeVegan.

Totally, what she said. Haha. Welcome Keith. I would say definitely check out the journal section. Also check out last winters thread I think it was called 12 days of vegan fitness challenge or something along those lines. Robert outlines a different workout each day I think for the entire month of december. I can't remember specifically but I do know I did some of the work outs and they are things you can do from home mostly and you can start slow and ease in to it. For example I think one of the first workouts was 5 different exercises, push ups, lunges, jumping jacks, crunches and squats. I think you were supposed to do 10 sets of 10 reps each or something like that. Well to get started if you can't do that much, it isnt easy. So start with however many you can do. And try to get through 10 sets of each exercise of however many you can do. Like if you can only do 6 push ups the first time and 8 dips, just go through and see how many you can do ten times. Recording your work outs is a great idea too, it really helps to see your progress. Share it with us as well. Create a journal here on the forum. Good luck!

-Dylan