Greetings from SoCal

Micah Giron

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've been training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for a little over 2 years, and recently started training for my first MMA fight. I've got 2 months to get ready for the tentative date (it's a small amateur show so I likely won't get an opponent for the show I signed up for, but I should be able to get a fight roughly around that time because they have shows on a very regular basis). I plan on blogging about my training, which includes Jiu Jitsu, wrestling, and a bit of Muay Thai (my striking is limited at best, and I have no delusions of picking up kickboxing and knocking someone out in 2 months) as often as possible while giving myself adequate recovery time, and weightlifting 3 days per week. I've been doing a slightly modified version of Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength program for a couple of months, and am very happy with my progress so far. Looking forward to sharing my progress and results of my future fights with you for the sake of motivation, accountability for my failures, and taking a moment here and there to share the satisfaction my success brings me with others.

Sweet! Welcome to the forum. I am a big martial arts fan but not practicing any currently ive taken lessons and courses in the past with various techniques. There seems to be a lot of martial artists (is that a term?) here in this forum. Im a huge fan of Muay Thai and Tony Jah movies for sure too.

-Dylan

I've been training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for a little over 2 years

Hiya! A weight lifting bud of mine is into the same thing. He's so intense with it that he is the official sparring partner for a local champion/instructor whose name escapes me. I'll ask next time I see him but it might be awhile since he works nights and I, days. I'd love to see him spar sometime. If you get your site up with video, that would be great!

Baby Herc