Trying to start my life as a vegan!

itsVeganTime

Hey everyone!

My names Mike and have decided to enter the vegan world! A good friend of mine has been a vegan for over a year now and I decided that I want to join him in this healthy lifestyle. Hardest part that is holding me back at the moment is figuring out the perfect meal plan/diet. I am a 5'7 150lb male who is an extreme workout addict. Find it hard to think how I will be breaking down my carb, protein, and fat distribution.

I will continue looking through the site for the perfect match, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, would truly appreciate it.

Can't wait for the incredible changes to come to me and you can be sure I will keep you all updated!

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I'd also recommend checking books like Dr. John McDougall's The Starch Solution and Dr. Doug Graham's 80/10/10. Those were influential for me and based on scientific studies and/or years of practical application. I'd say that there is no perfect "carb, protein and fat distribution" for any one person, but generally I like the 80/10/10 distribution as an endurance athlete myself.

Good luck!

-Matt

Hello Mike and welcome,

I love your forum name!

It's just spending a bit of time researching and relearning which may seem a chore at first but I can assure you once that process is out the way you won't even have to think about it anymore, you'll just shop and eat vegan on autopilot like the rest of us do.

As I am sure you will have seen there are enough vegan professional athletes and extreme workout addicts to prove it will give you everthing you need. Your balance will vary according to your goals, Robert Cheeke, Brendon Blaizer and Scott Jurek all do differnt fittness discaplines so their percentages with vary but they are all vegan fuelled.

Enjoy this journey, and keep us updated, think about started and log in the journal section.

All the best