Accepted into Nursing School! :o)

Shelby

I'm so excited that I had to let you guys know: I got accepted into the nursing program at my college! I worked my tail off trying to get the grades to get in: over 500 people applied, yet they only take the top 20%. My goal is to get my RN, work for a bit, then return to school to study Oriental Medicine. As for work, I want to try to get a job working as a Nursing Assistant (most places will pay for my RN education.. score! Plus, it's great experience and more reliable than personal training). The program that I got accepted into is one of the most difficult ones in my state, but also the most reputable. So, it's gonna be a tough couple of years, but SO worth it!

<----this has absolutely NO relation to anything, but I thought this icon was absolutely HIL-AR-I-OUS and couldn't help but to post it! Whoever came up with this icon is a genious!

That is a great direction to take. My sister works two days a week and makes very good money with a 4 year nursing degree. You can basically live wherever the heck you want and find work. This is one of the very few career fields which is growing in the US. (They can't ship the hospitals overseas.....) I have a MS in engineering and am thinking about going back and getting a two year nursing degree.

I have a MS in engineering and am thinking about going back and getting a two year nursing degree

Jay, the majority of people in my program are those who decided to go back to school in order to get their RN. My program is also a 2-year, but it's a lot more intense than the 4-year due to the fact that they have to cram everything into only a 2-year span. However, the difference in pay b/n a BSN (4-yr) and ADN (2-yr) is negligable... the only difference is if u want to go into administration (BSN) as oppossed to working on the floor. I'd rather work on the floor b/c there is more patient contact... and who likes administrative work? Blah... too much paperwork and business! Keep me posted as to what u decide and if u need any advice or help with anything!!!!!!

<-----Another GREAT icon!!!! HAHA! Who knew that Smiley-faces could moon?! (yes, I am having a bit too much fun with the icons, lol!)

Shelby,

Congratulations!!!

Not an easy course but something tells me you'll master it. I have watched one of my nieces and several classmates follow their bliss and return to school for nursing. It is nothing short of lifechanging! And they are all making such a positive difference.

Good on you, Girl!

Mama Sea