contest prep 2013 - training/diet/pics

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first few days i take loads of water and salt (sodium), so my body recognizes it and flushes out a lot of fluid and sodium. After that i'll do the opposite, drink only little water, take no sodium and increase potassium... but my body will still flush out lots of water caus it's used to getting a lot of it...

It seems i really gained weight through water retention, since i'm consuming loads of water and sodium at the moment... 84,9kg this morning! And my legs look pretty undefined... i'm really excited to see the changes from friday evening till sunday, when i turn the sodium/potassium game around...

Tonight's gonna be my last workout before the contest and my last day of carb depletion... i'm already quite drained and looking forward to the carb loading... today i'll halve my water intake and cut out all salt and sodium sources and start to put in some potassium along with the beginning of the carb loading process...

Awesome best of luck to you. I cant wait to see the final results of your dedication. I'm interested in the final week of your diet a week out you started carb depletion and loading up on water and sodium for 3 days then cut water and carb loaded with potassium for 3 days? where did you get the sodium from salt? and the potassium supplements? Did you worry about calories during this week what will the day before the show consist of food and water wise? Great job

of course mike! i'll post some pics!

@bob: thx mate! yes, i started last weekend with loads of water (8-10l) and lots of sodium. used much salt for my meals and took a spoon of pure salt in the morning and the evening to get plenty of sodium... (disgusting! ^^) food was low carb...

wednesday, thursday and friday i did my unloading workouts to deplete my muscles, meals were extremely low in carbs during these days. just after my last workout on friday i started my carbloading. since then i reduced my water intake, eliminated all sodium from my meals and started to take potassium in form of fizzy tablets... right now i'm gonna drink my last water till the contest

and to your other question concerning calories: while i do my carb depletion i also restrict my calories, but on the loading days i don't really count the overall calorie intake, just how many carbs i eat... don't want to exaggerate. that i can do after the show

So...as some of you maybe already saw on facebook, i placed sixth in a damn huge line-up of 20 athletes in my category! (New record!) It was a really tough battle, and i'm quite happy with my sixth place. My overall package was better than last time, and that's what counted for me...

I'm really glad to hear that! Means a lot to me...

My bodyfat was even a bit lower 2008, but dehydration and carbloading worked better this time... so hard to say if it wss my best shape so far.

Well, i'm eating what i want at the moment ^^ but i'll just do that for a few days and then return to a good diet