Survey says......

s_wilson84

I will continue with my vegan eating. I started 8 weeks ago as a challenge to change who I am. Like many others, it started as a resolution. I don't like to call it a resolution though because everyone knows that resolutions are temporary. In 2012 my family was riddled with cancer. I watched numerous "mainstream" documentaries, read books, researched online, and took off running. I cleaned out the refrigerator and pantry and went 100% free of animal products. I thought it was going to be extremely difficult. But being the cook that I am I took it as a challenge in learning to rethink cooking. I saute with shots of water instead of dallops of butter or olive oil. I use vegetables that I walked by a thousand times at the grocery story. I have eaten nearly everything in the produce section and I have found a way to make it work for me. I drink green smoothies packed full or spinach and other greens and I eat tons of other raw foods. I have never felt better in my life. Today was the end of an 8 week challenge for me. And the results astonished me. (I will upload pictures later)

My results

Down 24 lbs

Down 3 % BF

Down 3.5 inches from my waist

Down 8 inches total

This life is here to stay. I appreciate everyone on these forums that has shared their trials, tribulations, and good recipes!

Nostrovia!

Hi Scott! I'm from Colorado, too (Fort Collins, specifically). I moved away last year, but hope to make it back at some point.

Your story is awesome and inspriring! Congratulations on taking control of your health destiny!

Welcome, welcome, welcome! I hope you'll stick around the forum and help others out on their journey as well, since you have done so well yourself. Your story alone is worth sharing at every opportune time!

Best wishes,

Karen

Hi Scott! I'm from Colorado, too (Fort Collins, specifically). I moved away last year, but hope to make it back at some point.

Your story is awesome and inspriring! Congratulations on taking control of your health destiny!

Welcome, welcome, welcome! I hope you'll stick around the forum and help others out on their journey as well, since you have done so well yourself. Your story alone is worth sharing at every opportune time!

Best wishes,

Karen

I live in Loveland and work in Fort Collins as a firefighter for Poudre Fire Authority.

I am guessing you have read Engine 2 then?

I haven't read the book. I picked it up at a local health food store thinking it was a cook book. I didn't realize there was a book as well. I didn't end up buying it that day because they wanted an arm and a leg and I'd already given them for some other items. I did however, watch the documentary on Netflix.