• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries mate:)

23/05

MCT Arms & Shoulders

1. Machine curl

70kgs x one hold to failure (decreased the weight due to wrist pain, went with a longer tut)

2. Cable kickbacks

70kgs x 3 several second holds

3. Machine lateral raise

95kgs (stack) x 3 several second holds

4. Rear delt machine

60kg x one hold to failure

Finnished up with 3 x 500 metre sprints on the C2 rower

Went with a change of pace today, could feel the "conservation of energy syndrome" kicking in with the statics, so for the next few weeks ill go with negative accentuated training, 4-5 positive and a 8-10 negative portion (2 second hold on the exercises that provide resistance in the contracted position. Aiming for at least 3 reps, and no more than 4, meaning ths time under tension will be no longer than 45-60 seconds per set. Went with upper body tonight...

1. Pec deck flye

supersetted with

2. Push up bars ( angled inward to reduce strain on the shoulder)

Two min rest then...

3. Machine pullover

supersetted with

4. Chest supported row machine

Two min rest then...

5. Standing overhead BB press

Two min rest then...

6. Incline DB curls

Including warm up sets, workout lasted roughly 16 minutes....

Got one hellva pump, very fatigued aswell...VERY. This is what happens when you null out all non muscular body torque and momentum, it becomes just pure muscular effort, and in turn, that creates a VERY deep rapid level of fatigue and inroad. May well require a little more recovery between workouts on this protocol. Legs will be next:(

MCT legs today, the plan was to go with a negative accentuated workout, but the last workout left me systemically fatigued for 4 days, haven't felt like that in so time. So am sticking with static holds. Starting to believe that superslow training is a great way to undertrain the muscular system and overtrain the nervous system.

Hayfever has been playing up like mad this last few days, the farmers are out cutting the fields around my house, its anti histamines glore for me.

R.

Oh no, its when the Cockerells starts giving it Celine Dion at 5 in the morning:)

Due to the hotter weather we've been having here recently, ive been training late at night (between 11-12), much more cooler and I feel good at that time of night.

Last nights workout...

Underhand pulldown

140kgs x omega set to failure

Pec deck flye

160kgs x omega set to failure

Shoulder press machine (palms facing)*

60kgs x 15 second hold

62.5kgs x 15 second hold

65kgs x 15 second hold

67.5kgs x 15 second hold

70kgs x 15 second hold

67.5kgs x 15 second hold

65kgs x 13 second hold

62.5kgs x 12 second hold

60kgs x 11 second hold

*used the max pyramid protocol on the shoulder press, reistance was held in the poistion of maximum motor arm, no rest between holds, just enough to change the weight then go again. The goal is not to see how much weight you end up holding, rather, how little you end up holding - better guage on inroad.

4-6-16

1. Underhand pulldown

145kgs x omega set

2. Seated dip machine

152.5kgs x 5 rest pause reps to failure

3. Leverage leg press

450kgs x 3 several second static holds, last hold to failure

4. 3 x 500 metre sprints on the concept 2 rower

4 days since last workout, abbreviated workout this afternoon, took 5 minutes rest between each exercise to maximise load and intensity, felt awesome. Might just stick with these 3 exercises for a while (as these 3 exercises stimulate all of the bodies major muscle groups), for variation ill alter load, time under tension, rest between exercises, frequency etc. Continuing to eat 3 big ass meals a day, not counting calories or anything. Pizza, sweet potato fries for tea, washed down with coke of course...oh and vegan brownies:))

One thing I have been doing recently is drinking a gallon of ice cold water a day, been experiencing more energy and less stomach issues, the only down side is the frequent trips to the toilet.

Goals for the next month....

- 160kg pulldown

- 480kg leverage leg press (its the max load on the machine)

- Seated dip machine 170kg+ for 5 or more rest pause reps (5 second rest pauses between reps)

Would that have been Mike Mentzer training Markus Reinhardt? If it was it was faked, they shot the 3 workouts for the DVD all in one day, the dip machine was the last exercise of the 3rd workout lol. As luck would have, Mike passed away the very next day, and two days after that Ray, Mikes borther also passed away. Real shame.

Yeah, I had a bod pod test down, it said my hydration levels werent optimal. So im making sure to get plenty of the orl h20 down the hatch. Yeap, trips to the bog galore lol.

I think. Dude had short blond hair, and was kind of whiny throughout. Still huge though, and looked like a death march of a session. That's crazy they both died so soon and in such close proximity. Were they twins?

Curious about the bod pod. Is that the displacement measurement of body fat? Have a good night brother.

Ah no, Markus has jet black hair. Mike and Ray definitely looked like twins, but Ray was 2 years younger. Mike had a lot of heart issues (chain smoker and he liked bourbon I believe) Ray had been suffering with a muscle wasting disease for some time, I would say the stock of losing Mike was too much for him, the two were very close. I also believe their dad Harry Mentzer passed away at a young age from heart disease, so Mike and Ray were also at a pre determined genetic disposition. Well, as the saying goes, only the good die young.

With the bod pod, thats exaclty it, through cabin pressure its able to very accurately distinguish between, muscle, bone mass, fat etc. In the US, I think you'd be looked at paying around $50-80 for a reading. I pay £25...which is actually really cheap. Interestingly enough, I came off my low carb diet a few months back because of a reading I got, I had lost 10lbs in weight, which I was happy with, I then got a reading in the bod pod, it showed I had indeed lost 10lbs, but 7.4lbs of it was lean tissue, hence why ive upped my carb intake in recent months, If I get bloating I have maybe one low carb day, think I was a little too extreme in limiting my carb intake. So if you get the chance id recommend it.

Best

Rob

9-6-16 AM

Max contraction Chest / Back

1. Pec deck flye @160kg

2. Max strap pulldown @150kg

3. Jones machine shrug @180kg

4. Low back machine @130kg

9-6-16 PM

Max contraction Legs

1. Leg extension @160kg

2. Seated leg curl @100kg

3. Adduction machine @155kg

4. Abduction machine @155kg

5. Calf press machine @200kg

10-6-16

1. Machine lateral raise @95kg

2. Rear delt machine @65kg

3. Preacher curl machine @75kg

4. One arm cable rope extension @35kg

3 x 8-15 second maximally contraction holds for each exercise, with 15 second rest pauses between each effort. Really happy with my progress at the moment, first two workouts were 8 hours apart. Ill take a day off and ill have at it again.

Thanks mate, had a mediocre workout, I think going forward im only going to train on my days of work, cant seem to give a 100% effort after a long taxing day at work. Post workout dinner was good though, spicy bean burgers and chilli wedges washed down with a 6 pack of carlsberg:)

9pm last night...

1. Weighted underhand chin

@BW + 20kg

2. Pec deck flye

@162.5kg

3. Machine lateral Raise

@100kg

4. Rear delt flye machine

@70kg

5. Multi function cable biceps

@70kg

6. One arm triceps rope extension

@32.5kg

9pm tonight

1. Leg extension

@172.5

2. Seated leg curl

@100kg

3. Hip belt calf raise

@BW + 75kg

4. Inner leg

@162.5kg

5. Outer hip

@162.5kg

2 max static holds per movement, 15 second rest pause between efforts....

Very happy with these workouts, felt great and weights going up, but on the down side am gonna run out of safe weight soon. The weight stacks on the machines am using go up to 152.5kg, been having to add a disc to the weight stack. The only option i'll have going forward will be is to have my training parnter also apply manual resistance - which am not keen on since an objective measurement cant be taken.

Annoyingly Ive slightly stained my neck tonight on the leg extension, I.e., bracing myself to the seated so that my hip / ass dont come off. So ive just sent off for a seat belt I can put around the seated and myself so I dont have to brace so hard.

Eating big as normal, up to 255lbs, lots of energy balls, lentil and veg stews, spanish mixed bean rice, veggie burgers, chickpea and potato curry, rice and hemp protein shakes and fruit salads. Sleeping patterns are a bit missed up this last few months or so, some nights am getting 8hrs, other nights 4hrs, I think it could well be the amount of caffeine in my diet, my pre workout drink has 175mg of caffeine, plus a drink a lot of coke and tea, so the latter must go.

Cheers bud, yeap, muscles have the capacity to contract maximally against a great deal of resistance, am showing no signs of slowing down, unfortunately though my strength has surpassed most of the machine weight stacks:(

Necks not too bad today, should be good to go tomorrow:)

Decided a few days ago to salt in some negative accentuated training for a while, still a very good way to deeply inroad while minimising wear and tear. Ill be using a modified version of Dr Dardens 30/30/30 protocol that suit the more fast twitch dominant individual such as myself. Its 20/20/20, I.e, a 20 second negative, 20 second positive (whereby positive failure is reached), then a very tough final 20 second negative.

26/6/16

Upper body

1. Pec deck flye - 20/20/20

supersetted immediately with...

2. Converging chest press machine - 15/15/15

2 min rest...

3. Machine pullover -20/20/20

Supersetted immediately with...

4. Seated chest supported row - 15/15/15

2 min rest

5. Machine lateral raise - 20/20/20

2 min rest

6. BB curl - 20/20/20

7. Pushdowns 20/20/20

29/6/16

Lower body

1. Leg extension - 20/20/20

Supersetted immediately with

2. Seated leg presses - 15/15/15

2 min rest...

3. Seated leg curl - 20/20/20

2 min rest

4. Hip belt calf raise - 2 x 15/15/15

5. Crunch machine - 20/20/20

Very tough way to train, having to deal with some rough DOMS, bad even after taking cold plunges after my workouts. Also makes me very sleppy, according to Dr Darden its due to a greater realise of growth hormones. Am having to sleep for 2 hours or so after a workout, plus 9 hours a night lol.

Going forward I might modified it again, to 2 x 15/15/15, with a lighter weight on the first 1.5 rep.

Diet wise alls good, ive started applyingnthe good Doctors ideas here too, got portion control tubs, drinking lots of ice cold water, taking 2 cold plunges per week, after dinner walks etc.

Todays munching...

Breakfast

Bowl of muesli with a cup of almond milk, fruit salad (strawberries, kiwi, melon, red grapes, banana)

Protein shake

Brunch / pre workout)

3 energy balls (rice protein powder, dried blueberries, cashews, coconut oil, flaxseeds etc)

Post workout / lunch

Spanish rice with mixed beans, chocolate flavoured soya yogurt

Dinner

Potato, chickpea and vegetable curry, 1 energy ball

Bedtime

2 rice cakes with almond butter

protein shake (hemp and rice)

Yes mate, use roughly 30+% less weight. Ill return again to the static holds, but ill just have to get my training partner to provide manual resistance aswell. Wont be able to accurately measure strength increases, but hey, the muscle doesnt care, it just feels additional stress.