Chin-up conest or something!

I did 362 in 90 minutes a week or two ago.

I'm going to try to do 300 in one hour tomorrow. (5 reps every minute) World record's 701.

How bout it? Max chins in an hour.

Cool, your on pace to challenge the record. I've only been doing a set til failure 2 or 3 times a week each of pullups and chinups lately, so hopefully I haven't fallen behind on one hour maxes. Also I've been doing the exercise where the grip is halfway between a chin and a pullup, I'm not sure what you call those though.

Cool, your on pace to challenge the record. I've only been doing a set til failure 2 or 3 times a week each of pullups and chinups lately, so hopefully I haven't fallen behind on one hour maxes. Also I've been doing the exercise where the grip is halfway between a chin and a pullup, I'm not sure what you call those though.

Parallel grip chins?

I've really been liking this extreme high volume stuff and I'm getting stronger from it. I did a set to failure twice or so a week for many years and I really was plateaued (sp) for many years around 20 or so chins.

So, I did it! Got exactly 300 in one hour. 5 rep sets the first 43 minutes. Then till 51 minutes did a 3 and 2 rep set every 30 seconds. Then back to 5 rep sets the last 9 minutes. Very, very, very hard for me. Gasping for breath the last 30 minutes. Ugh, I'm very tired.... Did it on an empty stomach and didn't even have a glass of water this morning before trying. (Also wore nothing but boxer shorts.) Weight was just 210....

Full ROM except on some of those last sets where I was lifting my chin just a tiny bit on the last rep to get it over the bar.

I bet Bigbwi did a little better. But then I get like 40 to 50 grams of protein a day and he's getting maybe half that I'd guess. (I'm really wondering if along with protein being overrated, anti-oxidants are extremely underrated for strength training.)

WELL DONE JAY!!!!!!

I haven't started yet, I'm still baby sitting!!!!

OK then 300 to beat

This is my weakest exercise and the most I've done was 250 and I struggled with that!!!

But step aside Jay!!!!

BIGBWII'S INDA HOUSE!!!

300/hr is huge. My best yet is around 170 something. I like the pull/chinups per hour thing because it tests your breathing and endurance as much as your strength. Today at the gym I was experimenting around with the gravitron machine (the thing where you can do chinups with your knees on a counterbalance to make them easier) and was working on one arm chins. I think this might be the best way to get them down, just keep working on taking weight off the gravitron til I can do them at bodyweight

Oh man ....I'm numb!!!

I wiegh 170lbs

I wanted to stop at 150 but I knew I had to beat ya!

If you had not of stepped up I would of quit early I think because I really didn't wanna do this!

Biceps are my weakest part!

Thanks again Jay!

:twisted: AAAARRRGHHHH

IMA BAAADDDD MAAANN!!!!

Jay!!

make sure you have a seat ready

420!!!!!!

Good work. 420 in an hour or a day? If you're doing that in an hour you really gotta keep pushing for the record. You would get all kinds of press for fruitatarianism