Question about dips

Hey everyone,

I have a question about dips - I have an elbow issue that will only allow me to do shallow dips. I can't quite make it to 90 degrees - am I wasting my time with this exercise, or will doing shallow dips still hep put on mass? Currently, I'm wearing a weight belt with 1 25lb plate when I dip.

Thanks

Contrary to popular belief, a full range of motion is not entirely necessary, Partial reps and static holds can and have been extreme productive for many (including myself), as they allow for MAXIMAL muscular contractions, while at the same time, saving your joints and connective tissues as your not moving through positions of disadvantaged leverage.

I'll second HIT Rob's comment, professional body builders use tons of different variations on exercises to see gains, no reason that shouldnt work for you! think about 21's (barbell curl) where you do 7 half way down, 7 half way up, and 7 full range. This one exercise has a legacy of efficiency and that's a prime example of "partial reps" being good exercises.