1. Squat - 3 x 12 @ 275lbs

2. Squat Jump - 3 x 15

-

3. Reverse Lunge - 3 x 12* @ 70lbs

4. Lever Squat - 3 x 12* @ 100lbs

-

5. Hamstring Bridge - 3 x 25 @ 35lbs

6. Calf Raise - 3 x 25 @ 100lbs

Brutal. Killed it today with this. Squats started out very heavy at first, and was a little weak in the lower back, but once I got into the second set I was doing fine. The second superset was really taxing on circulation/breathing. Expecting some pretty harsh DOMS tomorrow in the quad area lol. Otherwise, I'm tired, and ready to eat!

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday, July 29, 2015:

Chest/Arms

0. Warmup - 8 Minutes HIIT

1. Flat Bench - 3 x 10 @ 210lbs

2. Skullcrusher - 3 x 15 @ 60lbs

-

3. Incline Chest Fly - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

4. EZ Curl - 3 x 12 @ 85lbs

-

5. Decline Close Grip Belt Press - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

6. Cross Curls - 3 x 12* @ 50lbs

Bit of a wonky performance on bench today. Maybe I wasn't all that mentally prepared. Could also be that 210 is a bit heavy for me at this point in time. Perhaps should consider dropping back to 200 until I'm better equipped both in strength and form. Felt like my form was pretty off today. Obvious that my right side dominates during bench. Otherwise, this was pretty good training, if not a little boring. Bench kind of sapped my energy, so I went about this slower than usual. I feel like I got a good pump, but not as sweaty as last week. Also had a hard time getting my grip right on bench today. Felt like it was too much on the wrist, and not enough toward the knuckle. Not sure really, just didn't feel right. Ah well to hell with it anyway, it's over. Live to train another day.

Deadlifts tomorrow, but I'm going to shy away from the super heavy weights and probably hit up more volume. Maybe I'll drop from 205 to 185 and go for 15 instead of only 10. Perhaps I'll chance my stance and do sumo deadlifts. That would free up some weights to get in some heavy rows. Should be fun lol.

Thursday, July 30, 2015:

Shoulders/Back

1. Deadlift - 3 x 10 @ 210lbs

2. Military Press - 3 x 12 @ 70lbs

-

3. Wide Pistol Grip Pullups - 3 x 12

4. Front Shoulder Raise - 3 x 12 @ 45lbs

-

5. Bent Over Row - 3 x 12 @ 165lbs

6. Lateral Raise - 3 x 12 @ 30lbs

Happy with the deadlifts today. Plowed right through them, and wasn't spent at the end. Everything else was pretty good too, just hungry throughout training. Ordered a resupply of protein powder and this time some BCAAs so hopefully will see some good stuff with those. Hot as hell out today, but I'm toying with the notion of mowing the lawn - after some video games

Resting tomorrow, and then on vacation til next Thursday. I'll be taking my suspension trainers with me so I'm not a total flab when I return. Have a good weekend!

Monday, August 3, 2015:

Holiday Training - Fasted, Suspension Ring Training (3 Rounds, Rest 2 Minutes)

1. Suspended Pushup x 25

2. Ring Pullups x 12

3. Hamstring Curl x 20

4. Side Lunge x 15*

5. Dips x 12

6. Side StepUp x 12* @ 24"

7. Curls x 12

8. Tricep Extension x 12

9. Single Arm Row x 12*

Despite being on vacation, I had consumed so much junk food and beer over two days I knew this was necessary to keep myself in check. Plus, there's nothing better than the endorphin rush after some good training. I just feel more awake and focused. Did this semi-fasted two, only munching a couple dried Cavendish bananas in the midst of training to quell nausea (most likely from the beer). I forget how delicious dried fruit can be! Pullups and dips on the suspension trainers, which were hung more like gymnast rings, were insanely difficult. If you think pullups are easy, you should try them this way. I did these with neutral grip and was still struggling. Good pump too, and heart racing afterward. Did manage to keep myself hydrated the last couple days, so I'm sure that is helping me keep my head above the proverbial water. Anyhow, I'm famished, and in need of some nutrients.

Have a great day!

Thursday, August 5, 2015:

Legs

1. Squat - 3 x 12 @ 275lbs

2. Squat Jump - 3 x 15

-

3. Lateral Step Up - 3 x 12* @ 70lbs

4. Wide Leg Deadlift - 3 x 12 @ 100lbs

-

5. Hamstring Curl - 1 x 20 @ 35lbs

6. Calf Raise - 1 x 20 @ 100lbs

Feeling like absolute shit today for some reason. My heart and mind are still on vacation, and I had considerable nausea today, including apparent indigestion causing some aspiration (TMI, sorry). Anyhow, while this would normally take me about 45 minutes to complete, today took around 90 minutes, and I didn't even finish. I was taking super long breaks between sets, but still managed to break a good sweat. Perhaps I'm still full from the week's indulgence. I guess this wasn't a total failure, but I'd prefer to have finished strong. Maybe I need more rest. Sleep wasn't all that great during the trip since the bed was somewhat uncomfortable. Anyhow, I'll rest up tomorrow and get back in action on Saturday. Hope it goes better that time around.

Saturday, August 8, 2015:

Upper Body Day

1. Bench - 3 x 12 @ 200lbs

2. Delt Fly - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

-

3. Wide Pistol Grip Pullups - 3 x 12

4. EZ Curls - 3 x 10 @ 85lbs

-

5. Front Plate Raise to Cieling - 3 x 12 @ 45lbs

6. Skullcrusher - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

Pretty good lifting today, despite feeling a bit tired. I guess I really sucked with sleep on our trip, so maybe it's time to catch up a bit. Hungry afterward, and indulged in some broccoli, kale, quinoa, Beyond Meat crumbles and tomato sauce. Otherwise, it's been a pretty lazy day. Hot one out too . . . Did some yard work, and now getting ready to head out to dinner with the Mrs. Rest tomorrow, and back in action on Tuesday.

Have a good weekend all!

Tuesday, August 11, 2015:

LEGS

1. Squats - 3 x 10 @ 280lbs

2. Weighted Squat Jumps - 3 x 12 @ 25lbs

-

3. Side Lunge - 3 x 12* @ 100lbs

4. Side Squat - 3 x 12* @ 100lbs

-

5. Hamstring Curls - 3 x 20 @ 45lbs

6. Calf Raises - 3 x 25 @ 100lbs

Solid training today. Squats felt awesome, and the weighted squat jumps were fun. I was expecting them to be total hell given I had some serious nausea prior to training. I think my protein powder is giving me some gastro problems. Otherwise, I had a decent session. Forgot to log, so I'm logging right before bed, and I'm pooped.

I'm always in awe of your squatting strength dude! And I'm gonna return the favour and doubt your chances of walking tomorrow

What protein powder do you use dude?? I found that most have given me gastric distress in the past

Thanks man. I'm trying to get back above 300 which is where I was around the time my old gym closed. Hard to believe I put off back squats for about two years! Like you, I woke up without a stitch of DOMS. Really weird.

For protein powder I've been doing a soy isolate from truenutrition.com. You can mix your own there, and they have a bunch of vegan options. Cheap too $6/lb or so. Flavoring is natural too, chocolate peanut butter cup. However, it's been making me feel so shitty when consumed alone with water. I mix it in my morning oats, which goes down fine. Not sure why it's messing me up in the afternoon shake. I add about a teaspoon of cocoa powder, as the maltodextrin is a bit chemical in taste.

I know what you mean about other powders. Pea powder really messes me up. Rice powder is fine, but it doesn't have the protein load that soy carries; also soy mixes a bit better. They also have alfalfa based powder, which I am curious about, but not brave enough to try.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015:

Chest / Arms

1. Bench - 3 x 12 @ 205lbs

2. Skullcrusher - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

-

3. Decline Fly - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

4. EZ Curls - 3 x 15 @ 80lbs

-

5. Angel Fly - 2 x 12 @ 30lbs

6. Cross Curls - 2 x 12* @ 50lbs

Really annoyed at the start of training today. Got a late start, and my tunes weren't coming through, so I pissed away even more time messing with the stereo. Somewhat unfocused during the session as well. Left index finger which has been giving me some grief for a couple years now was being a real asshole. Otherwise, I'm tired lol. Long day, long week, ready for some time off. Only 7 more working days at my current post, then a cool 3 week vacation, then on to my new job! Oh yeah, cut things short today because my co-worker who's on maternity leave called to see how things were going. The call went on forever, and by the end I was too hungry/over training to finish the last set.

Back/Shoulders tomorrow.

Cross Curls man, basically instead of curling the hand to its corresponding shoulder (I.e. Right hand to right shoulder) you cross the body (right hand to left shoulder).

And for time off, no man I'm going to lift more! Haha. New job will have considerably longer hours, so not sure how often I'll get to train then. Need to hit it up now!

Ahh gotcha, thought they were like cable curls or something like that, I think the strange way that my biceps are shaped cross curls would be a good option for me, cheers man!

Hahaha I hear ya! Lift while you've got the chance bet you're excited about the new job though bud, not long now!

Thursday, August 13, 2015:

No Training

Mentally I'm elsewhere, my hand really hurts, and I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night. I have no business hitting the weights today, especially for deadlifts. I'm pretty annoyed that I'm not training, but I suppose in the long run a single day won't matter much if at all. Still, pissed. It may be somewhat of a relief that my schedule will change soon to prevent much training. It's been months or even approaching years since I've taken more than just a couple days off from training. Sometimes I just feel I'm losing interest, but then I get into a session and I remember how much I love the pump and sweat. Oh well, these feelings are probably temporary. Anyhow, having a hard time with appetite today; as in there's not much there. Maybe that's a good thing since I'm slacking off anyhow lol. I'll try to get some food down, which will most likely make me feel better.

I'll hit up deadlifts and shoulders/back on Saturday.

Saturday, August 15, 2015:

Back / Shoulders

1. Deadlift - 3 x 10 @ 205lbs

2. Delt Fly - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

-

3. Single Arm Row - 3 x 12* @ 100lbs

4. Single Arm Shoulder Press - 3 x 12* @ 100lbs

-

5. Pullup Trio (Wide/Narrow/Chin) - 3 x 12

6. Delt Raise - 3 x 12 @ 45lbs

Solid training today. Deadlifts felt really good, as did the rows; though they were hard as fuck with all that weight. I'm super proud of my single arm rows. I remember when I could barely use 40lb dumbbells, and now I'm yanking up 100 on each side - fuck yeah! BCAA's are really kicking ass as well, and helping me with not only energy for training but also recovery. Am only taking them before and after training right now, mainly because I forget during training. Also, I don't really like chugging a bunch of water during training, and these kinda taste like crap so I have to slam them down with about 8oz water. It's just a little too much during high activity, and would give me some nausea before it's absorbed. That tends to throw my focus off entirely.

Slept horribly last night as my dog kept waking up all night. Got up at 2 and stayed up til 3 with her. She's been having short focal seizures today, which sucks, but at least they are not full blown grand mal. I'm sure she'll be ok, but they are just so frustrating.

To think that some people out there would prefer to keep certain medicines (marijuana) illegal simply because of their individual points of view when that deprives millions of something beneficial is maddening. Here in the States I've come to the conclusion that prohibition on the federal level stems predominantly from ensuring the continued operation of the privatized prison system. Marijuana possession and use is a relatively victimless crime, but yet so many people engage in possession and use that it makes imprisonment easy; as compared to violent crime, it's far more prevalent. That obviously keeps the prisons operating at capacity (note: many (all?) private prisons possess contracts with the government stipulating that the prison remain at capacity throughout the pendency of the contract itself, subject to pecuniary penalty upon breach). Thus, marijuana remains illegal on a federal level simply due to the Government's placating to corporate interests, and likely has nothing to do with the tacit acknowledgement of it's medicinal purpose; which directly contradicts the Schedule 1 Narcotic treatment (aligning Cannabis with Heroin). I obviously support full scale legalization, especially in the context of alcohol, which serves little to no medicinal purpose, causes thousands of direct and collateral deaths on an annual basis, is addictive, and exploited and marketed at an embarrassing rate.

That's my point of view. I'd invite any thoughts in support or contradiction. Resting for the remainder of the weekend. Back on Tuesday.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015:

LEGS

0. Warmup - 6 Minutes HIIT

1. Squat - 3 x 10 @ 285lbs

2. Weighted Squat Jumps - 3 x 12 @ 25lbs

-

3. Side Lunge - 3 x 12* @ 110lbs

4. Front StepUp - 3 x 12* @ 70lbs

-

5. Hamstring Curl - 3 x 25 @ 45lbs

6. Calf Raise - 3 x 25 @ 110lbs

Strong training today. This felt so good! Took my BCAAs before, during and now after training. I'll say, I'm ashamed I haven't been taking these all along. They were like a little bit of jet fuel in the middle of training, as the single step ups can be a real bitch to get through. Today though, I came out on top. Getting closer to my last day at my job! I'm excited and a little scared of the next step. At least it's not totally unchartered territory. It's not really the work I'm concerned about, but more the impact on my free time.

Speaking of . . . . I went ahead and bought myself a present in celebration - a Waterrower! I'm super pumped for it to arrive! I'm getting really sick of doing high impact HIIT cardio, and want something easier on my joints but still challenging. I'm planning on getting up super early and doing fasted cardio, hiit style. I know some people on here don't think this stuff would be necessary, but I've always been my leanest when consistently doing cardio. Either way, I can't wait for it to arrive.

Chest/Arms tomorrow.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015:

Chest / Arms

1. Bench - 3 x 10 @ 205lbs

2. Tricep Kickback - 3 x 12* @ 35lbs

-

3. Incline Fly - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

4. Curls - 3 x 12 @ 85lbs

-

5. Bar Dips - 3 x 20

6. Seated Curl Trio - 3 x 12 @ 50 (Hammer, Supinated, Concentration)

Good training today. Really can't wait for my rowing machine to show up. I'm sick of my warmup. Really want to get started having regular dedicated cardio sessions. I'm having a real hard time losing fat. In fact, it seems like my waist is growing - even though I'm trying to cut calories. Can't get rid of my little spare tire, and it's really pissing me off. I seem to hold fat on my hips, especially on my back. I don't really understand why my diet is so slow to show results. Maybe someone could comment on my daily intake?

My average protein is around 100 - 130g per day, carbs around 200g, fat around 50g or maybe less. Total calories around 1800.

Meals:

1. Oatmeal, Scoop Protein Powder

2. 2 Apples

3. Quinoa, Zucchini, Beyond Meat Crumbles (pea based mock meat)

4. Protein Shake w/ Banana

5. Pre-W/O Fruit - today was 2 small peaches (usually an apple or a banana or handful of grapes)

6. Mixed Greens Salad with Tempeh, Broccoli, Kale, Carrots, Salsa

7. Spoonful of peanut butter and another protein shake

Any thoughts? I'd really appreciate some direction. More protein? Less carbs? Another shake instead of the apples?

Shoulders / Back tomorrow.

Dude!! I've got the same issue in regards to the spare tyre, except not so much my back just around my hips 'love handles' as the Mrs calls them, could be down to squats and deadlifts, big hip flexor so and over muscles in the area??

Food looks good, I prefer higher fat and less carbs for cutting though, lots of Brazils, pistachios and cashews!

Also very jealous of the rowing machine... I'm not allowed one... No room apparently women are the worst eh!!??

Hope you're keeping well dude

Yeah man, you might be onto something. It's definitely in my love-handles - the fuckers. The rowing machine arrived! I'll set it up and post a picture either tonight or tomorrow. You can tell her it stands upright, and has a footprint of less than 4' squared!

I'll try to get more fats than carbs man. Carbs are just so damn delicious!

I'm good buddy. Hope you are well too!

Yeah post a photo! Maybe then i can assemble evidence to use in my case for why we need a rowing machine

Aha yeah I hear ya, but look up net carbs, you can still eat carbs as long as they are high fibre

Yeah all good here dude random question... Do you watch It's always sunny in Philadelphia??

Yeah post a photo! Maybe then i can assemble evidence to use in my case for why we need a rowing machine

Aha yeah I hear ya, but look up net carbs, you can still eat carbs as long as they are high fibre

Yeah all good here dude random question... Do you watch It's always sunny in Philadelphia??

Of course man! I'm often told I am a lot like Mac, whether that's good or bad haha. I'll post up a pic as soon as I put it together, which will certainly be before the end of the weekend.

As for carbs, I did the 80/10/10 thing last summer, and probably took in over 100g of fiber each day - still gained like 12lbs. Whether that was rebound from my two years of living off of 1600cals per day I don't know, but yeah, I don't really do starches or grains other than the oats. I'm sure my main problem is weekend indulgence

Thursday, August 20, 2015:

Back / Shoulders

1. Deadlift - 3 x 10 @ 210lbs

2. Lat Raise - 3 x 12 @ 30lbs

-

3. Row - 3 x 10 @ 170lbs

4. Circus Press - 3 x 15 @ 35lbs

-

5. Wide Pistol Grip Pullup - 3 x 12

6. Plate Front Raise - 3 x 12 @ 45lbs

Deadlifts were killer today. They almost put me out of commission after the third set. I rested up a bit between those and the rest, and managed to power through. - - - 4 Hours Later: Forgot about this page. I can update more tomorrow.