Legs / Biceps

1. Wide Stance Squat - 3 x 15 @ 255lbs

2. Squat Jump - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

3. Drag Curls - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

-

4. Bulgarian Split Squat - 3 x 15* @ 135lbs

5. Lunge Jump - 3 x 16 @ 70lbs

6. Concentration Curl - 3 x 10* @ 35lbs

Kind of a weird training day tonight since it took me an 70 minutes to get home (a 9 mile commute on the city's "rapid" transit, plus a 10 minute uber ride). I am so sick of living here and putting up with the bullshit. So, this was pretty much all I could get done and still manage to eat dinner and take care of everything else for tomorrow. I'm super tired and ready for the weekend. This week has been dragging on and on. Rest tomorrow. Probably do full body on Saturday. Need to develop some routines I can just follow week by week instead of trying to write something original each day.

Looks like a good workout. I couldn't handle that type of traffic. It would drive me crazy. My mom lives in Oregon and used to have to commute into Portand, which was supposed to take her 40 min. It would sometimes take her 1 1/2 hrs. just to get to work. I am glad she is retired now.

Looks like a good workout. I couldn't handle that type of traffic. It would drive me crazy. My mom lives in Oregon and used to have to commute into Portand, which was supposed to take her 40 min. It would sometimes take her 1 1/2 hrs. just to get to work. I am glad she is retired now.
Ugh, that's terrible. Here I was talking about riding on the subway, not necessarily sitting in traffic. Ironically, driving takes just as long as riding on the subway system, and I'd be traveling more miles... If you think you'd like to visit Chicago someday, think about it for a few minutes, and then pick somewhere else.

Saturday, January 15, 2016:

Game Day Training!

1. Deadlift - 3 x 10 @ 205lbs

2. Standing Military Press - 3 x 12 @ 90lbs

3. Cross Curls - 3 x 15* @ 50lbs

-

4. Supinated Row - 3 x 15 @ 135lbs

5. Super Elevated Pushups (3' up) - 3 x 33/34 (100 total)

6. Tricep Press - 3 x 12* @ 25lbs

-

7. Shrugs - 3 x 15 @ 100lbs

8. Front Plate Raise - 3 x 12 @ 45lbs

9. ATG Goblet Squat - 3 x 12 @ 45lbs

Killed it today, and got really pumped up for tonight's game when the Packers will crush the Cardinals! This was solid training, and I realized how much I've missed training for volume. Doing heavy weights is fine, but it's so boring compared to spreading on a broad layer of exercises. I think I'll keep things like this for now, but incorporate some heavy stuff on press/squat/deadlift. Otherwise, today is a good day - nice and sunny; not too cold. Going to cook up a bunch of delicious food for the game tonight and keep the energy high! GO PACKERS!

Tuesday, January 19, 2016:

1. Reverse Lunge - 3 x 15* @ 155lbs

2. Lunge Jumps - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

-

3. Sumo Squat - 3 x 15 @ 205lbs

4. Squat Jump - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

Wednesday, January 20, 2016:

1. Pushups - 4 x 25

2. Pullup Trio - 4 x 10

3. Cross Curls - 4 x 15* @ 70lbs

4. Neutral Shoulder Press - 4 x 15 @ 70lbs

Thursday, January 21, 2016:

Row - 2500m; 10:00 minutes

Been a bit absentee this week, mainly because I've been working too much, and my wife had yesterday off. Hence, the training is a bit sparse and disjointed. Enjoying the increased volume, however. Takes considerably less time to get things rolling and into the session. Otherwise am doing well. Could use more sleep, but have been waking up same time each day and haven't felt like I'm dragging at all. Rest tomorrow, probably full body w/ deadlift on Saturday.

I loved to change up my workouts, keeps me from getting bored. I was so sad the Packers lost. That is our team. We also like the Seahawks and then they lost as well.

Sorry, I didn't give this post enough attention. What a soul crusher there. I was for sure Coach Mike would have ordered up the conversion. I mean honestly, we tried out some reverse filled "trick" plays earlier in the season, I think even when we were winning. It seems odd to play it safe when the entire team is injured be it out for the season, or on the field playing hurt. Nevertheless, I was a bit wary of proceeding any further after Cobb went out. Would it be worthwhile to continue? Not so sure. I think those guys deserve a chance to really shine, and it just didn't happen this year. Offensive line was weak for 75% of the season which didn't help a guy like Lacy; Adams not catching the ball; Jordy out the whole year (consequently I watched some highlights of 2014 season and 9/10 times we scored it was Rogers to Nelson - also, we were absolutely crushing other teams then, especially the Bears and Vikes. I could go on . . . Man I wish I were 6'10" and 305. haha!

Tuesday, January 26, 2016:

Legs

1. Sumo Squat - 3 x 15 @ 265lbs

2. Squat Jump - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

-

3. Hamstring Curl - 3 x 20 @ 45lbs

4. Long Jump - 3 x 16 @ 25lbs

-

5. Bulgarian Split Squat - 3 x 15* @ 95lbs

6. Reverse Lunge Kix - 3 x 15*

Feeling pretty good today. Work was annoying, but I channeled that into some decent lifting for volume today. I really enjoy lifting this way. Feels like I'm getting more done, and really helps bring up the heart-rate, which is nice since I'm not really doing cardio. I've kind of neglected the rowing machine lately, which is a bummer given the cost. I should get back to doing more of that, really. Anyhow, that's it for tonight. Back tomorrow with something else.

I really don't like cardio, so if I can get some cardio while doing weights that is awesome. My new trainer has me doing workouts that get my heartrate up, but good strength training also.

Love your workout. Looks awesome!

Thanks! I hate cardio too. I think it stems from cardio being used as punishment from when I was playing sports as a kid. Miss a play? Run some sprints. Late for practice? Run a mile. Lose a game? Run sprints. That was during basketball. I hate basketball today.

Also, we had Saturday "fun runs" where our soccer coach wanted us all to be able to run 3 miles in 18 minutes. I never made it. But at least that coach didn't punish us with cardio. Negative reinforcement is only a worthwhile thing (if ever) to curb specific behavior. So, even today, when I try to get myself in a cardio state of mind, I can't help but simultaneously think of it as punishment.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016:

Upper Body

1. Incline Bench - 3 x 15 @ 180lbs

2. ChinUps - 3 x 15

3. Tricep Ext. - 3 x 15

-

4. Curls - 3 x 15 @ 75lbs

5. Incline Delt Fly (on bench) - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

6. Plate Raise - 3 x 15 @ 45lbs

Did these as giant sets since I got a bit of a late start. Not going to lie, the second leg was pretty brutal, especially the plate raises. Ugh, I'm tired. It's been a long three weeks. Working 10 hours, billing 10 hours consistently day to day really takes it out of you. Today my head was spinning with all the stuff people were asking me to do. Anyhow, I'm tired of looking at a computer screen. Going to get some rest...

Won't be around tomorrow. Have to attend a work function after hours, which I am super annoyed by and do not want to take part in. I'll be back Saturday with full body, or something like that.

Wow, those are some long days. My trainer has me doing some giant sets as well. They are tough.

It's not really the lifestyle I (or anyone maybe) would choose. I do like intensity while at work, but for a prolonged period of time I tend to commit simple errors and develop a poor attitude. Giant sets are great for endurance, and if you're short on time

Saturday, January 30, 2016:

TRX Session

1. Dips - 2 x 12

2. Row - 2 x 15

3. Bulgarian Split Squat - 2 x 15*

4. Circus Press - 2 x 15* @ 35lbs

5. Hamstring Curl - 2 x 15

6. Curls - 1 x 15

7. "T" - 1 x 15

Pretty much a failure today. Am really really exhausted from the week, in poor mental state as noted above, and sleep deprived. Went out for a walk with Penny this morning, so maybe the cool fresh air sapped a bit of energy as well. Then, had to work for about 3 hours which really pissed me off. After that, no interest in training at all. Tried to get through this as a circuit, but when I finished the second round of hamstring curls I just stayed down on the floor and took a five minute nap. A good sign to pack it in for the day. Food was good today, but not enough water. Will try to make up in the evening hours (which are already upon me). Resting up tomorrow for another week. Have a good weekend all.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016:

4X4 Circuit

1. Pushups - 4 x 50

2. Pullups - 4 x 15

3. Military Press - 4 x 15 @ 70lbs

4. Curls - 4 x 15* @ 70lbs

Worked late, got home late, had little time to train. I think I cranked through this in under 30 minutes. Circuit training is the way to go if you're short on time but still want to kick some ass. The trick is to pick exercises that are opposing so you don't burn out with similar movements. Arms and chest feel like jello after this. Probably went too fast because I feel a little pressure in my levator scapulae. I mean dead on point. Maybe I'll get out the foam roller and put it back in it's place. Otherwise, I was productive at work today. I hate this town. It smells like piss everywhere, the people are rude, it's dirty, expensive (for literally no reason), and generally unimpressive. I can't believe I've lived here for 18 years, and I can't wait to leave. Legs tomorrow. After work function on Thursday, so I'll have to hit it hard tomorrow and get back in on Saturday. One redeeming quality about the grueling pace is that the weeks go by quickly, most of the time. Same can be said about the weekends though.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016:

Legs

0. Row - 1500m; 6 minutes

1. Reverse Lunge - 3 x 15 @ 165lbs

2. Lunge Jump - 3 x 16 @ 70lbs

-

3. Sumo Squat - 3 x 215lbs

4. Squat Jump - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

-

5. Hamstring Curl - 3 x 20 @ 45lbs

6. Tuck Jumps - 3 x 20

Making this entry on Thursday, February 4 since I just plain forgot to make an entry yesterday. Absolutely killed it, and am feeling pretty sore in the glutes today. Otherwise am tired from the day, and the waste of time this work event was tonight. Will row tomorrow to make up for today's loss...

Saturday, February 6, 2016:

Shoulders/Back/Cardio - Giant Sets

1. Deadlift - 3 x 12 @ 185lbs

2. Military Press - 3 x 12 @ 90lbs

3. 40 Yard Sprints - 3 x 4

-

4. Row - 3 x 12 @ 185lbs

5. Woodchopper - 3 x 12* @ 35lbs

6. Power Rower - 3 x 125 yards

Really mixed things up today, which was fun. I'm going to train like this more often, especially as the weather gets warmer. Just lifting is good and all, but does not really permit for a well rounded athlete. Woke up thinking about how much I wish I were big/fast enough to play pro football. I'd give anything to be an NFL quarterback, running back, receiver, safety, or even linebacker. That would be so awesome. But, since I'm only 5'7", 170lbs, and 35 years old, that opportunity is likely long gone if it ever existed. Nevertheless, I can practice like I'm going to suit up in the fall!

Adding in the sprints was great, and something I haven't done in a very long time. Did these outside wearing some compression gear which kept me warm enough. Really felt a burn in my chest after sprinting. Great feeling. Need to do more running and rowing. Relaxing the rest of the day, and making spaghetti for dinner tonight... should be delicious! Superbowl tomorrow, and while I'm not a big fan of Cam Newton's cockiness, he does seem to have heart and talent . . . so, I hope the Panthers win. At least I don't have to watch the Patriot's and that smug little bitch Tom Brady!

Back Tuesday!

Tuesday, February 9, 2016:

Legs

0. Row - 1000m - 4 minutes

1. Sumo Squat - 3 x 15 @ 225lbs

2. Squat Jump - 3 x 151 @ 70lbs

-

3. Side Lunge - 3 x 15* @ 100lbs

4. Long Jump - 3 x 12 @ 25lbs

-

5. Hamstring Curl - 3 x 20 @ 45lbs

6. Tuck Jumps - 3 x 25

Rocked it today, which was a lot of fun. The tuck jumps used to be one of my most hated exercises, but lately I've been able to bust them out no problem. Was a long boring day of reading reading reading and then some typing. So, it was nice to come home and have a flurry of activity. Really energizes me afterward, and then I put down arguably the biggest salad of all time. I could eat broccoli until my eyes turn green. Back tomorrow with upper body - chest/arms/shoulders.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016:

Upper Body

0. Row - 1000m; 4:00 minutes

1. Incline Bench - 3 x 15 @ 180lbs

2. Drag Curls - 3 x 15 @ 80lbs

-

3. Aussie Row - 3 x 15

4. DB Clean - 3 x 15* @ 35lbs

-

5. Bench Delt Fly - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

6. Tricep Extension - 3 x 15

Good session but too "bodybuilder" and not enough function. Need to incorporate more vigorous movement as opposed to just putting up weight. Definitely a better session yesterday than today. Still, a good session. Have had much much more energy lately. Recently traded beer for wine, and have noticed a slimming effect - or at least not as bloated next day. Have been good at keeping up hydration as well. All in all, a pretty good day. Will just do cardio tomorrow - rowing and some HIIT stuff right after. Lots of jumps and football drills.

Saturday, February 13, 2016:

Back/Shoulders

0. Rower - 1250m; 4 minutes

1. Deadlift - 3 x 12 @ 190lbs

2. Up/Downs - 3 x 12

3. Military Press - 3 x 12 @ 90lbs

-

4. Row - 3 x 12 @ 190lbs

5. DB Snatch/Clean - 3 x 12* @ 35lbs

6. Wide Grip Pullups - 3 x 12

Didn't train on Thursday since my wife was sick - took care of her instead. Went to work Friday feeling sick as well, and feel a touch of a cold today. Almost packed this in after the second set of the second round, but decided to push through and finish up. Wasted most of the day doing our taxes. Anyway, glad to have the rest of the weekend to relax and hang out. Just wish it weren't so cold outside. Am really ready for spring. Lacked focus on food today, and ended up just eating some random snack stuff (crackers, etc.). Not sure if I'll indulge in a glass of wine this week since I feel cold-ish. Edit: Just read an article approving red wine for colds. I'm sold! Have a good weekend all.

Well that was just so inconsiderate of your wife, making miss your workout lol. Any time I get something, its always my wife that gives me it, she says sharing is caring lol. Was just reading your second from last post, have you every read Dr Ken Leistner's work? Think you'd like his work, legendary strength and conditioning coach from the US.