Get Ripped or Die Trying

Wednesday, March 23, 2016:

TRX Day

2 Rounds, Rest None

1. Chest Press x 20

2. Curls x 15

3. Tricep Ext x 15

4. Ring Dips x 12

Got home late again, had to do some work when I got home. That equals no reasonable time to train. Plus, I'm straight up exhausted. Disappointing effort today. Legs sore from yesterday. I need a vacation.

Update: Did two more rounds after dinner. Still weak for the day.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday, March 24, 2016:

HIIT Circuit - 3 rounds, rest 2 minutes

0. Row - 1250m

1. Tuck Jump x 20

2. Push-up Jacks x 20

3. Mountain Climbers x 50

4. High Knees x 50

5. Renegade Row x 12* @ 25lbs

6. Sword Raise x 12 @ 35lbs

Pretty good training tonight but I'm still not 100% on energy. This took longer than necessary, but at least I got it in. I'm going to lift on Saturday, but I'm not sure if it will be anything over the top. With the hours I've been keeping lately, and maybe not sleeping as well as I should, I've bee really exhausted at the end of the day. I'm actually posting this while on my way to work. At least I get to go home early. I would love to have a few days off. That would he really nice.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016:

TRX Circuit - 2 Rounds, Rest 1 minute

1. Chest Press x 15

2. Row x 15

3. Squat x 15

4. Tricep Extension x 15

5. Side Lunge x 15

6. Curls x 15

7. Hamstring Curl x 15

8. Wide Grip Pull-up x 15

Well, it looks like I forgot to post on Saturday. However, I did manage to train, and felt like I did a pretty good job. Saturday was a lot of shoulder and back work, including military press, single arm row, snatch, and other stuff like that. Today, I just got home really late almost an hour later than usual and only had about 10 to 20 minutes to actually train. So, if you're ever in need of a short session, I would really recommend getting some TRX bands. You can bust out at least a couple of sets in circuit and get a semi-decent workout in. Still haven't purchased a new laptop, so I am posting this on my phone. It's really making it difficult to be consistent with posting but I'm going to try harder. Proper leg session tomorrow.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016:

Legs

0. Rower - 1000m

1. Reverse Lunge - 3 x 15 @ 165lbs

2. Lunge Jumps - 3 x 16 @ 70lbs

-

3. Front Squat - 3 x 15 @ 90lbs

4. Squat Jump - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

-

5. Hamstring Curl - 3 x 15 @ 45lbs

6. Log Jumps - 3 x 20

Thursday, March 31, 2016:

Chest/Arms

0. Rower - 750m

1. Incline Bench - 3 x 15 @ 175lbs

2. Hammer Curl - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

-

3. Decline Fly - 3 x 20 @ 70lbs

4. Tricep Ext - 3 x 15

Well I killed it yesterday and forgot to post. Then I worked a crazy long day today and was too tired to go the distance on this session. I'm crazy sore in the legs, especially glutes. I'm also exhausted. I need more rest, and possibly more food intake. I plan to rest tomorrow, and then make up for this on Saturday. Hopefully I can get in when I wanted to get in today as well as some work for back and shoulders. Otherwise, I plan to be asleep within moments of hitting the pillow tonight.

Saturday, April 2, 2016:

Full Body Circuit - 2 rounds, rest 2 minutes

0. Row - 500m

1. Offset Push-up x 50

2. Curl & Press x 15 @ 50lbs

3. Diamond Push-up x 50

3. Row x 15 @ 175lbs

4. Sword Raise x 15 @ 35lbs

5. DB Pullover x 15 @ 50lbs

Well I worked all day again and then tired to pull this off for 3 rounds. Probably had no business training at all given that I was yawning through the whole session. Felt like shit the entire time too. Just completely sapped of energy. I've noticed my eyelids twitching so I know I'm pretty well fatigued. Don't have many feelings either, just wavering between nothing and really angry. So, I guess I'm overworked. Hard to get much rest when I always have something on my plate. My boss asked me if I was entitled to vacation the other day (shouldn't he know?), which I suppose was kind of a hint. Problem is that even on vacation I tend to do more simply due to the fact that during regular life I'm just working eating and sleeping. Going to rest as much as possible for the remainder of the weekend. Snowed here today which was a real kick in the nuts. Fuck snow. Fuck winter. Have a good weekend.

TuesDay, April 4, 2016:

Legs

0. Row - 1250m

1. Front Lunge - 3 x 15 @ 160lbs

2. Lunge Jumps - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

-

3. Sumo Squat - 3 x 15 @ 230lbs

4. Squat Jumps - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

-

5. Tuck Jump - 3 x 20

6. High Knees - 3 x 50

I was determined to get in a full workout today even though when I got home I was pretty tired from work. The front lunges were really tough. Otherwise I felt like things could've been a little more difficult in the session. For example, the sumo squats could've been heavier. Otherwise, today was a decent day and this week hasn't been too bad so far. Still, I'm looking forward to the weekend already, and it's only Tuesday. Tomorrow, I plan on working chest and arms, and focusing more on bodyweight training. Should be a good time.

Dam, you must have legs like tree trunks man, dems good lifts. Do you every train your calfs directly or do you feel they dont need it? You know, I was gonna start using machines again due to this messed up back of mine, but youve got me thinking about bodyweight training. Dips, push ups, chins, horizontal rows, static hip belt squats etc = zero spinal compression....hmm, you have indeed got me thinking my friend:)

I did train calf muscles a while back, but always felt kind of silly. Don't know why. Honestly man the most sore I've ever been was doing body weight squats and going as low as possible. It will tear your arse right off! lol. It's just so different as a training style. You almost always have to go for volume, which means heart rate is raised. Plus you can do full body workouts in far less time than with free weights. I'd really recommend some TRX bands or other suspension trainer. There's cheaper ones out there. Hope you enjoy it if you try!

Tuesday, April 12, 2016:

TRX Day - 3 Rounds, rest 2 minutes

1. Fly x 15

2. Row x 15

3. I's x 15

4. Squat x 15

5. Side Lunge x 15*

6. Hamstring Curl x 15

Well I got home really late and just had time to squeeze this in. I also trained last Thursday but it wasn't worth posting. Trained really well onSatirday, but just forgot to post. Still don't have a laptop, so that explains that. Bummed I didn't get under the weights today or really kill it at all, especially since I have a work thing Thursday night. Lame. I'll crush legs tomorrow to make up.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016:

Legs

0. Rower - 750m

1. Squat - 3 x 12 @ 275lbs

2. Long Jump - 3 x 12 @ 35lbs

-

3. Bulgarian Split Squat - 3 x 15* @ 90lbs

4. Lunge Jump - 3 x 16 @ 70lbs

-

5. Tuck Jump - 3 x 25

6. Stair Jump - 3 x 12 @ 25lbs

Posting this on Thursday because I didn't get to it on Wednesday. Had a function after work today, So I didn't get to train tonight. Also, I didn't eat very well today, and I also had a beer at the event. I'm unhappy today. I'm unhappy most days. Today is an exception.

Saturday, April 16, 2016:

Chest/Shoulders/Arms

0. Rower - 1250m

1. Flat Bench - 3 x 15 @ 175lbs

2. Lat Raise - 3 x 15 @ 30lbs

-

3. Military Press Trio - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

4. Hammer Curl - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

-

5. Close Grip Decline Press - 3 x 15 @ 110lbs

6. Chin Up - 3 x 15

Pretty good session today. I felt a little drained, but managed to push through to the end. Beautiful day outside, and I got to take Penny for a walk. Are you planning on spending the rest of the day relaxing, and then going to dinner with a couple of friends. Beers are in order. Back on Tuesday to resume my normal routine.

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday, April 26, 2016:

Legs

0. Rower - 1250m

1. Squat - 3 x 15 @ 280lbs

2. Long Jump - 3 x 12 @ 35lbs

-

3. Bulgarian Split Squat - 3 x 15* @ 95lbs

4. Squat Jump - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

-

5. Hamstring Curl - 3 x 20 @ 45lbs

6. Tuck Jump - 3 x 20

See below for update...

Wednesday, April 27, 2016:

0. Rower - 1250m

1. Incline Bench - 3 x 15 @ 175lbs

2. Drag Curl - 3 x 15 @ 90lbs

-

3. Fly - 3 x 20 @ 70lbs

4. Tricep Ext. - 3 x 15

-

5. Decline Bench - 3 x 15 @ 110lbs

6. Seated Hammer Curl - 3 x 12 @ 50lbs

Been away for a while now, which is surprising. Work last week was just over the top, and while I got to train pretty much on schedule, I just didn't have the time/energy to post about it. Had a stressful weekend as well, even though we were in Madison (one of my purported favorite places), I had to work. That really sucked. Did a bit of bodyweight training, but nothing to write home about. Yesterday and today were much better training-wise. Job is really difficult these past couple months. At least, I have one supervisor who is really tough. I know he's making me much better long-term, but the growing pains are brutal. Anyhow, that's what I've been up to. Work. Work. Sleep. Work. That's about it, really. I'll try to be more diligent about posting. Cardio/Core tomorrow.

Tuesday, May 2, 2016:

Rest Day

0. Rower - 1250m

Well I got home late, and was just so tired from the day. I had no energy to even rack the weights. So, I just hit up the rower for a short bit and tried to make it count. Did 50 pull-ups yesterday, so it's not a completely wasted week so far. I wish I had more energy. I used to train so much harder, and for longer. Where did that all go? I know I'm spending a lot of energy stressing over this shitty job. I fucking hate what I do. It's just pointless. I wish I were doing something more collaborative than combative. The constant fighting is just boring after even the shortest while. There's got to be some personality flaw in people who thrive on that kind of environment.

I'll try to get legs in tomorrow.

Thursday, May 5, 2016:

Atypical update. Trained legs on Wednesday. Killed it. Reverse lunges, lunge jumps, sumo squats, squat jumps, hamstring curls and log jumps. Rower, too. Squats were too easy at 285 for 3x15. Legs development is great but need to work on fat reduction. Midsection and chest are problem areas.

Today trained chest and arms. 150 push-ups, heavy curls and tricep work. Other chest exercises as well. Thought more about getting into calisthenics and body weight training. Weights have become a little boring , so that makes more sense. Bet I will see some kind of shift for the better if I change things up. Can't stop eating frozen mango chunks from trader joes. Just too delicious. Tired. Need a new computer as typing these on my phone is a real pain, especially in the format I've been doing for so long. Rest tomorrow. Back/shoulders on Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate:

Doing well. I have been neglecting to post purely because we don't have a good computer at home, at least one that's accessible while I eat dinner (right after training, when I used to post). I'll bite the bullet and buy a new laptop soon and start posting again. I'm just lazy lol. Hope you are well buddy.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016:

LEGS

0. Rower - 1000m

1. Squat - 3 x 12 @ 295lbs

2. Squat Jump - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

3. High Knees - 3 x 50

-

4. Hamstring Curl - 3 x 20 @ 45lbs

5. Lunge Jumps - 3 x 20 @ 70lbs

6. Tuck Jump - 3 x 20

Wow can't believe it's been this long since I've last posted. I've been working a ton and by the time I'm done training and eating, I'm pretty much ready for bed. I trained full body on the TRX on Tuesday, which was short but pretty intense. Today I was short on time again, so I decided to do this in giant sets. Really forces a ramp up in intensity, but a little longer rest periods. Haven't hit a heavier squat in a week or two so it was nice to get under he bar. This even felt a little easy, and probably could have gone for 15 reps or higher weight. Oh well, next time. Nice to be back. I'll do chest/arms tomorrow, and will definitely post!

So tonight I did one round of five things on the TRX bands. I just couldn't focus. My job is horrible. I hate what I'm doing. I hate where we live. I feel like packing up the car and driving away. I feel like I'm waiting on something good, which never comes, and that I'm not leading my own life. I feel trapped by my student loan debt. I feel the outside pressure and expectation to continue in this career that I only find moderately interesting on the best days. On the worst days, I could just follow my desk out the window. It's pretty cruel that I thought I would be happier and richer after school, but I'm the opposite. I'm miserable. I'm ignoring my debt, mainly because I can't afford it, and it's only growing and growing at a rate where it will be impossible to pay back. In all honesty, it will probably end up wiping out any retirement I pull together. Not a good day today.

Saturday, May 21, 2016:

TRX Day

3 Rounds, Rest 2 Minutes

1. Chest Press x 15

2. Row x 15

3. Dips x 15

4. Curls x 15

5. T's x 15

6. Bulgarian Split Squat x 15

7. Hamstring Curl x 15

8. Pull-ups x 15

Feeling better today. Made a decision on Friday that I plan to follow through on. That includes following a different professional path than I'm on right now. I need time to slow down, and I need more time to enjoy rather than just working all the time. There has to be more balance. Spent a lot of time outside today on the yard and plants. It was much needed not only for the yard but for my sanity. I wish I had followed a differs life path that included more physical work like farming or landscaping. I'm really good at growing things and keeping things alive. Definitely should've been a farmer. Right now I'm just listening to the sound of the sprinkler water hitting each blade of grass as it goes by. It's perfect. I can actually feel it turn.