1. Single Leg Deadlift - 3 x 12* @ 70lbs

2. Standing BB Military Press - 3 x 12 @ 70lbs

-

3. Pullup Trio (WN/N/W) - 3 x 12

4. Delt Fly - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

-

5. Incline Slow Row - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

6. Lateral Raise - 3 x 15 @ 30lbs

Forgot to log yesterday, so getting it in tonight. Didn't feel like setting up a bunch of plates, so I just trained hamstrings on DL independently. Haven't deadlifted a bigger number in about 3 weeks now. Maybe should make that more of a priority. I just hate how much time it takes to get set, and then get to work. Call it laziness, but right now I'm all about maximizing personal time. That's why bodyweight training works so well. Otherwise, a good weekend. Back Tuesday w/ legs.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in tonight. Didn't feel like setting up a bunch of plates, so I just trained hamstrings on DL independently. Haven't deadlifted a bigger number in about 3 weeks now. Maybe should make that more of a priority. I just hate how much time it takes to get set, and then get to work. Call it laziness, but right now I'm all about maximizing personal time. That's why bodyweight training works so well. Otherwise, a good weekend. Back Tuesday w/ legs.

Lol! I feel the same way. I love the feeling of deadlifting, but the effort of going to the gym and going through the motions to get those sets done is rarely worth it for me I get all the deadlifting I need from a progressive course of bridging.

Lol! I feel the same way. I love the feeling of deadlifting, but the effort of going to the gym and going through the motions to get those sets done is rarely worth it for me I get all the deadlifting I need from a progressive course of bridging.

I'll have to look into bridging, because loading up takes forever.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015:

Legs

1. Squat - 3 x 12 @ 300lbs

2. Squat Jump - 3 x 12 @ 35lbs

-

3. Forward Lunge - 3 x 10* @ 135lbs

4. Goblet Squat - 3 x 15 @ 35lbs

-

5. Hamstring Bridge - 3 x 12* @ 35lbs

6. Calf Raise - 3 x 15 @ 135lbs

Good set tonight. I know I'm going to feel those lunges tomorrow; right above the knee. Otherwise, was kind of a long day. Dehydrated from the weekend of chips. I snagged a bottle of water from the office, so I'll have to keep it around and drink more water. Not much else going on. Chest/arms tomorrow.

@ Skeering - those look awesome! Thanks for the info.

@ Eiji - Yeah sure, it's a lame reason, except that in the room containing my weights the floor is not suitable for deadlifts (just concrete), and that means I have to carry everything down the hall just to set up for deadlifting, which takes longer than just a minute. Either way, I'll surely deadlift again - I've just been lazy for a couple weeks.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015:

Chest / Arms

1. Pushup Trio (W/W/D) - 3 x 50

2. Skullcrusher - 3 x 12 @ 75lbs

-

3. Rob Curls - 3 x 12 @ 75lbs

4. Ring Dips - 3 x 12

-

5. Concentration Curls - 3 x 12* @ 25lbs

6. Around the World - 3 x 15 @ 30lbs

Tired today. Long and stressful workday. Not really much else to post, except for that I'm ready for bed. Rowing tomorrow.

Thursday, October 22, 2015:

Row - 2500m, 14 minutes.

Haven't been on the rower in 3 weeks or so, and only once back then. Can really tell I'm out of practice. Granted I did take a few 15-20 second breaks here and there to catch my breath. I was a bit distracted getting text messages, so I wasn't paying close enough attention to my breathing; an essential with rowing. Anyhow, at least I got something done, and broke a decent sweat. Probably sleep like a baby tonight. Back Saturday with shoulders and back, including deadlifts.

Saturday, October 24, 2015:

Back / Shoulders

1. Deadlift - 3 x 10 @ 205lb

2. Standing Mil. Press - 3 x 12 @ 75lbs

-

3. BB Bent Over Row - 3 x 12 @ 165lbs

4. Front Delt Raise - 3 x 12 @ 45lbs

-

5. Wide Neutral Grip Pullups - 3 x 12

6. Lateral Raise - 3 x 12 @ 30lbs

Gotta admit, deadlifts don't really do much for me. Rows were a little weak today, but I used the straight bar instead of the ez-bar. Otherwise, this was a pretty good session. It's nice out today, so I don't want to waste the weather on the Internet.

Have a good weekend. Back Tuesday.

Gotta admit, deadlifts don't really do much for me.

Hmmm, probably because you're pulling so light. You DL should be equal or heavier than your squat. Start pulling heavy and then tell us they don't do much. Just sayin...

Gotta admit, deadlifts don't really do much for me.

Hmmm, probably because you're pulling so light. You DL should be equal or heavier than your squat. Start pulling heavy and then tell us they don't do much. Just sayin...

I didn't mean in terms of progress, but as in I don't care for them. And my pull weight is fine. I'd be there are certain things you're better at than others, and I happen to be better at squats than deadlifts.

Ok yeah. I get you. I am better at DL for sure. My PB for squat is 375 and DL is 475. Once I'm through academy I'll get back on track with those and aim for 405 and 505. I think for DL progress is much faster if you stick with 5 or less reps per set with triples and doubles as work sets. 8 sets of 3 will stimulate as much hypertrophic response as 3 sets of 8 but will increase strength much more. Just a thought

Wednesday, October 28, 2015:

Chest / Arms

1. Bench - 3 x 12 @ 205lbs

2. Skullcrusher - 3 x 12 @ 75lbs

-

3. Decline Fly - 3 x 15 @ 70lbs

4. Curls - 3 x 12 @ 85lbs

-

5. Ring Dips - 3 x 12

6. Cross Curls - 3 x 10* @ 70lbs

Forgot to log yesterday's training, so there it is. Pretty good day in the gym, and professionally speaking. Got to attend a function with my boss, and it was neat to be shown off, and to show off a little bit myself. Aside from that, my arms are jelly. Bench wasn't bad tonight, but I still felt a bit weak. Not sure why I can't progress much there. Seems like even if I went for lower reps, I'd have a hard time mustering much more weight. Oh well, I'm spent on the computer. Back tomorrow with some rowing.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015:

Shoulders / Back

1. Single Leg Deadlift - 3 x 15* @ 75lbs

2. Standing Mil Press - 3 x 12 @ 75lbs

-

3. Row - 3 x 12 @ 170lbs

4. Circus Press - 3 x 12* @ 35lbs

-

5. Wide Grip Inverted Row - 3 x 12

6. Front Full Raise - 3 x 12 @ 45lbs

Good training today. Trying to get shoulders/back in today since I bailed on training on Thursday AND Saturday Anyhow, maybe I needed the rest because I feel pretty good after tonight's session; usually I'm exhausted. Not much of an appetite this evening either. Pretty much all I've been craving lately is peanut butter. Wonder why that is the case...? In other news, I went to a Halloween party last Saturday night and didn't drink at all. That was an interesting time. I think I aged another five years just by watching how utterly obnoxious people are when drunk. I don't think I'll allow myself to get visibly drunk in public ever again.

Legs tomorrow.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015:

Legs

1. Squat - 5 x 12 @ 305lbs

2. Squat Jump - 5 x 12 @ 50lbs

Aaaaand that's it. I got stuck on the dumbass train here on my way home and it delayed me by about an hour, which cut into workout time. Once I got started I really didn't feel like throwing in a bunch of variety, so I just went for volume on squats. Was pretty good training anyhow since I went through this in under 25 minutes. I could tell it was effective because I could barely walk up the stairs when finished. I guess I'll know more tomorrow. Otherwise, a pretty good and very busy day. I'll throw in more legs on Saturday when I do full body.

Chest / Arms tomorrow.

I have legs tomorrow as well. Peanut butter is my all time favorite food, but for right now I am giving it up. Looks like a good workout.

I really crave the PB at night. Trader Joes makes a crunchy PB from valencia peanuts. It's damn good. I've been doing a jar a week. doesn't seem to have a negative effect - so far at least.