most hated lift/machine/exercise and the most loved ones

i dont know if there is another topic like this, but anyway i am curious to know what is the lifting exercise or machine at the gym you hate the most, and of course the one you enjoy more.

Personally i would say i love squat and generally the exercises for shoulder and back, i hate totally lunges with dumbbell and dumbbell curls(even if barbell curls is not that bad), the reason i hate the first one is because i feel like is useless and boring, the second one is because i am always afraid to work more the shoulders than the biceps when i lift the weights up.

let me know about yours i am curious

i like leg press and leg exercises, aswell as cardio on an incline or resistance on bike that makes you feel like a brick after 10 minutes

least fav would have to be lat pulldown, i don't mind the exercise, i just didn't know correct form at the start and kept straining my shoulders

i probably have reversed favorites to most people, i know alot of people don't like leg and core, i like both

Barbell squats are my favorite because strong legs radiate strength to the rest of your body. For a lift I really hate crunches because I feel they are mainly superficial and the pump does not feel like other muscles. I hate 95% of machines equally for roo many reasons but the main one is that as a healthy person they are typically useless compared to free weight when it comes to real world strength. For exercise in general I hate cardio because I jist quit smoking and I used to be asthmatic at the same time before going vegan (i think it was dairy).

Barbell squats are my favorite because strong legs radiate strength to the rest of your body. For a lift I really hate crunches because I feel they are mainly superficial and the pump does not feel like other muscles. I hate 95% of machines equally for roo many reasons but the main one is that as a healthy person they are typically useless compared to free weight when it comes to real world strength. For exercise in general I hate cardio because I jist quit smoking and I used to be asthmatic at the same time before going vegan (i think it was dairy).

true, crunches and habs exercises in general dont give me such a big feeling of an effort made.

anyway yeah barbell squat seems like the best execise, even if it took a few times before to understand the right posture and stuff

I find it interesting that we all love the leg workouts and yet sooooo many people neglect their legs in the gym. I suppose it is a pretty good indicator of who is doing it for true health and fitness goals rather than superficially chasing ornament muscles. I can't stand looking at chicken legged guys in the gym who only work upper body.

All machines suck!

Compound free weights all the way!

true. i started with a machinebased training 1month ago and i can say that was borin and that i wasted 1month doing nothing good for the muscles. the only machine i like is the lat machine, for the rest i prefere dumbbells and barbell exercises, i fell like they are working better the body

I find it interesting that we all love the leg workouts and yet sooooo many people neglect their legs in the gym. I suppose it is a pretty good indicator of who is doing it for true health and fitness goals rather than superficially chasing ornament muscles. I can't stand looking at chicken legged guys in the gym who only work upper body.

ahahahaha chicken legs the most unsexy thing

Personally i like machine's, they've allowed me to work around a few bad injuries. But the main reason i prefer them is so that none of my effort is lost on balance and coordination, i want to focus ALL my efforts on the intense contraction's, not on developing a specific skill.

For Legs, my preference is a seated leverage style leg press such as hammer offer, this machine has allow me to fill out my legs without causing my lower back any discomfort (i've 2 herniated disc's).

upper body pulling: the Underhand grip pulldown has been a mainstay of mine for 2 decades, it works almost everything in the upper body. Ive also found hammer or life fitness chest supported rows to be very productive.

Upper body pushing: Hammer seated chest press machine's are my favorite's (incline and decline), certain military press machine's can also be good.

Isolation / single joint exercises: pec deck or cable crossover for the chest, these movements provide full resistance in the contraction position (something that D-B flyes don't do), i also like leg extension's and machine pullovers as pre-exhaustion exercise's for the quads and back (the machine pullover provide's resistance through a greater range of motion, compered to a D-B or BB pullover). Machine lateral raises, preacher curl machine, and calf presses are also favorite's of mine.

Least favorite exercises...

Incline leg press machines and flat benching: these movement's greatly increase intra-cranial pressure (not a good thing when you've had a stroke).

Best

Rob