Books on getting faster?

C.O.

I've been on this forum since its creation and don't think I have ever posted in this section before as I'm not an avid runner.

Do any of you have any information, book recommendations, or websites, etc, specifically in training to increase your speed?

I just checked out Developing Speed by Ian Jefferys. Have any of you read it? Think its info is beneficial?

Hey Dylan, good to see you in here at long last haha !!

What's the distance you're wanting to focus on? I ask because increasing getting faster requires different training approaches/methodologies depending on the distance. In other words, working on getting faster for a 10km race would likely not be the best method(s) to use in trying to get faster for a marathon.

I can't answer for Dylan but I would like to get faster for a 5k. I am starting from VERY VERY slow. I don't like running...unfortunately, I never have. But, I think it's because I have never truly done it properly. I like the idea of trail running and completing more mud runs but my lack of running kills me between obstacles.

After the 5k is improved, I want to work on completing a 10k.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know how sprinters train, but soccer players need a lot of aerobic endurance as well. For those looking for distance running tips, I like Jack Daniels, (not the whiskey!) Brad Hudson, Pete Pfitzinger, Phillip Maffetone, and Matt Fitzgerald. I really like the Ask the Coaches and Ask the Ultrarunner podcasts at Endurance Planet.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...