Complete Newbie

fhrann

Hey all,

My name is Anna- I'm an artist living in manhattan and I've been lifting weights for the past 5-6 years. I've become fairly serious these past couple months (was even training for a competition but recently had to put that on pause)

In any case- I have never EVER tried going vegan (I've also heard about fruitarians) but I am very intrigued by it. There was a few weeks where I was just binging on documentaries like: Vegucated, Forks Over Knives, Hungry for Change, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, Ted Talks: Chew on This...okay, I could go on. I'm sure many of you are familiar with these motion pictures. I don't even know where to begin though. This goes against a lot of what I was raised to believe.

I intermittent fast- I'm Gluten and Dairy free , I usually avoid Soy Products (I haven't heard many good things about them so to be honest) I've also seen fruitarians scarf down far more calories than I do (almost double, sometimes more) but consume very little protein (something about 80/10/10...?) so I've been trying to do research but I'm not exactly sure how much I should eat- or what will happen to all these hard earned gains if I go for an 80/10/10 lifestyle.

Hi Anna welcome to the community here. I also live in NYC, recently moved from times square area to Astoria queens.

Post questions on active members threads, I find thats the best way to get good responses. The training journals section is good for that.

Our FB group is a lot more active but I like the website here better for information.

Goodluck, and hit me up if you have questions or want suggestions of where to get eats in NYC.