Losing Fat

marci

Hi, fairly new to plant based eating. I've been dabbling with it for a while and have just recently gone 100%. Recently started back to exercising regularly (yoga, power walking, light weight training and an occasional spin class or boxfit class). I am about 30 lbs overweight and am very serious about getting rid of the excess fat and obtaining the muscular body that I want. Is there a place where I can get some sample meal plans for those who need to shed some pounds while also building muscle and endurance?

A huge part of my weight gain was due to inactive lifestyle due to an injury and a serious addiction to carbs and sugar. That is finally under control and I've also given up my nightly glass of merlot....which led to carb-loaded snack-fests....

I'd also like to have an accountability partner if anyone is interested....

Thanks!

Thank you, I will check out the journals. The most difficult thing for me is sugar and snacking....I was not preparing anything with animal products, but I would buy crackers, etc. and if it had a trace I would still have that.....have been experimenting with different recipes, just in the middle of Robert's book and it's very inspiring. I'm not anywhere close to a bodybuilding mindset, but I'd like to get there over the next year. Thank you.

Hey Marci,

I would concentrate on eating phytonutrient rich foods, such a crucferious vegetables especially, other vegetables as well, fruit, and beans. I wouldn't worry too much about counting calories right now. I know it sounds strange, odd or crazy, but there is more to weight loss than research knows at this point in my opinion. Eating a lot of phytonutrient rich foods seems to just melt the weight off of you(as long as you aren't going totally crazy on unhealthy things). So what i am saying, is there is more coming into play with weight lose than just calories alone.

And I totally understand what you are saying about the sugar, sugar is addictive, i know that firsthand. I found the only way I could break away from it, was just not eat it at all, even a some amount can send you back into a graving state of it. It truly seems to act like a drug, atleast to some people, you get a little then want a lot more.