Cutting while being thin

bodyartt

I weigh only 72 kilos but have a little fat around stomach. So I thought maybe I could go on a 500 calorie deficit while lifting weights. I am assuming this would target stomach fat (since i have no fat elsewhere). So even if I lose 3 kilos, at least those 3 kilos will be from stomach area. Once that happens, I can start clean bulking and reach 75 kilo.

Is this plan ok, or will I lose muscle if I start calorie deficit at this time?

I would limit your intake of wheat (pasta and bread), and just get your carbs from fruit/veggies and sweet potato and brown rice. For some reason, wheat holds water with the adipose tissue (fat). I have found that when I cut the wheat out (though I will have bread on my re-feed days) and keep the calories down, I can get rid of the ab and hip fat, without sacrifacing too much muscle mass (I can keep lifting the same amount of weights for a month or so, till the bodyfat gets too low and the weights start to go down, then you have to decide to go for the ripped look or as you want to do, start to pack the muscle mass back on with increasing food again).

Thanks, Gaia. Just two questions. Is white rice okay?

Another thing occurred to me. At some point (let's say at 77 kilos), my caloric intake just won't be enough to add weight. So weight will naturally stop increasing at that point. But since my lifting will continue, will stomach fat automatically go?

Does that make sense?

You are going to have to figure out what works for your body. I dieted down for a contest and still had fat clinging to my glutes, and that was just straight dieting - decreased caloric intake. The second time I dieted down for a contest a year later, I did cyclic dieting (the decreased caloric intake with re-feed/cheat days), and got most of it off. But it wasn't till the third year, that everything looked great with not only cycling my diet: decreased caloric intake/re-feed but also cycling with my cardio - the body really wants to be guessing all the time (relaxing and keeping metabolism high, and then periodic days of intense dieting and/or exercising).

White rice is fine. I like Brown Rice for more nutritents (when dieting, getting your nutrients in small ways than taking a synthetic vitamin/'mineral supplement for me is best) and it has a more earthly flavor. I do like to use white rice when I have cardio in the next hour and I am feeling very fatigued already from yesterday's heavy workout session - white rice digests rather quickly for me (I can tell because I can eat a cup of it, and by an hour I am hungry again - not so with the brown rice).

Good post, I'm sure a lot of people are in your same boat belly fat is a tricky area to target. Gaia gave great advice. What are you doing for exercise to target your core? Also keep your back in mind when working your core you have to balance yourself by working your back muscles as well.