What vegan make-up do you use?

I know of Zia and Burt's Bees (although I think honey is in a lot of BB's products) but neither line has a whole lot of selection.

I know there are lots of online stores that have vegan make-up and beauty products but with make up I need to see and try it on before I buy them.

Urban Decay (Sephora and Ulta III carries it) has a several items in their make up line that they claim are vegan but their packaging doesn't state that. Instead you have to go online and look for items that are "Marley Approved" (with the purple pawprint) print out hte list and then go to the store. http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/1.cfm

Any advice would be great!

Hi monkey and welcome.

I have loads of makeup that has lasted me forever from MAC, and I still half lots of MAC products left. (Obviously I am not going to throw it out.)

So I cant report on any of the fullly vegan cosmetic lines. sorry. ask veganessentials (the girls that work there). Hope that helps.

I use Arbonne (but watch out, their brushes are animal hair and NOT vegan).

I also use Bare Escentuals (get it from www.qvc.com ). It's a line of mineral powder. Their brushes ARE non-animal.

www.gardenbotanika.com has some nice stuff, and vegan brushes as well.

I get odds and ends of other products from www.veganessentials.com. You can also try www.veganstore.com . What's nice about these online sources (besides reasonable shipping costs and great service, especially VE) is that they do the research for you, so you don't have to worry that there may be X, Y or Z ingredient in the makeup that isn't vegan.

Beauty without cruelty is mostly vegan (some beeswax in some products).

I think Burt's Bees has beeswax in almost every product, doesn't it?

There was a thread a while ago in General Discussion (?) where people were listing vegan personal care brands. If you look that up, you can find more ideas.

I use Arbonne (but watch out, their brushes are animal hair and NOT vegan).

I also use Bare Escentuals (get it from www.qvc.com ). It's a line of mineral powder. Their brushes ARE non-animal.

www.gardenbotanika.com has some nice stuff, and vegan brushes as well.

Selena informed me about the brushes, one of the reasons why it is so nice to work with another Veg for Cosmetics!

Love the links on the brushes you posted.....now I can get rid of my "not worth a darn" ones I currently have.

• 1 month later...

I found this great website that offers vegan products at retail value (5-40% less) Some make-up they offer includes: Foundation etc from Beauty Without Cruelty, Eyeshadow from Ecco Bella, Lip Gloss by Hemp Organics etc. They don't have a vast selection, but it's a bit cheaper than you might get it for if you were on the company website

~Check it out~

Homepage:

http://yhst-48641225173758.stores.yahoo.net/

Cosmetic Section:

http://yhst-48641225173758.stores.yahoo.net/cosmetics.html

I use Arbonne products and love the facial moisturizers. It has made a huge difference by making me look younger (smoothing and plumping all the wrinkles). I also use Revlon make up products - after the scandals of the 1970's they committed to never again test products on animals.

I bought Too Faced brushes before I went vegan (the brushes are vegan). They're called "teddy bear hair" lol. And they are REALLY awesome brushes! Highly recommended!

I'm not sure if any of their makeup is vegan, however. They have a really good "no animal testing" policy, however I'm not sure about all the cosmetic ingredients they use.

http://www.toofaced.com

• 2 months later...
I use Arbonne products and love the facial moisturizers. It has made a huge difference by making me look younger (smoothing and plumping all the wrinkles). I also use Revlon make up products - after the scandals of the 1970's they committed to never again test products on animals.

I didn't know about that. That is good to know.

I totally know what you mean...for years people told me I had dark circles under my eyes - and I thought it was some kind of genetic mutation. But when I stopped using mascara - the circles went away. Go figure.

I occaisionally use the Arbonne mascara, and carry a tiny bottle of eye make-up remover (Revlon) and cotton balls in my purse when I go out.

I've also tried putting face powder under my eyes after applying mascara - just so my moisturizer doesn't make it easy for the mascara to sluff off.

• 1 month later...

I like revlon and almay. i also read somewhere that jane also does not test on animals (I am a poor college student).

a REALLY good place to get cheap, non-animal tested products is http://www.eyeslipsface.com . at least, on their packaging it said "not tested on animals" when i ordered from there several years ago.

I also just discovered on the bottles of VO5 shampoo that it says "not tested on animals". HORRAY for cheap delicious smelling shampoo! (be careful though, some of their stuff uses silk. dont know how ya'll feel about that, just thought i'd throw it out there).

Revlon is vegan? I kind of doubt it, but maybe they've changed.

Watch out for how animal testing info is presented on the label. Something like "ABC company does not conduct animal texts" could mean "we have XYZ do them for us," expecially if the label also states the product is not made by ABC, but 'distributed by" them. Also, "this product not tested on animals" can mean "but the individual ingredients were.

Instead, look for more global disclaimers: "no animal testing, or "ABC company does not conduct or endorse animal testing" or "against animal testing."

I primarily use Aveda products (www.aveda.com)

They are not a 100% vegan company, but they are environmentally sound

and sustainable, as well as about 90-95% vegan, and a lot of their

products are also organic, and produced from recycled goods.

They also raised over $1 million last year to help sustain endangered

plant life

& they are featured in E(environmental) magazine often.

Also, Revlon is the best department store brand you can get, in my opinion, but they are not vegan, they just don't test on animals.

• 1 month later...

I think it would be better if people were a bit creative about wearing make-up.... everyone just does the same old thing though, a bit of black on their eyes, a bit of red on the lips, perhaps some whitener on the facial skin.... some cream to conceal spots despite clogging up pores.... same old, same old.

Now if people would put a bit more effort and imagination into it then it would make it more entertaining, thus to my mind more worthwhile.

You know the sort of thing, a few spirals, maybe some stars, a bit of tinsel on the side..... a few sequins on the nose.... perhaps multicoloured lipstick spots all over their face and neck.....

that would be much more snazzy, i think.

Unfortunately, most people who wear cosmetics seem to disagree with me because everyone else isn't doing that, so it isn't 'fashionable' to get creative with it...

ah well, maybe someday....

I think it would be better if people were a bit creative about wearing make-up.... everyone just does the same old thing though, a bit of black on their eyes, a bit of red on the lips, perhaps some whitener on the facial skin.... some cream to conceal spots despite clogging up pores.... same old, same old.

Now if people would put a bit more effort and imagination into it then it would make it more entertaining, thus to my mind more worthwhile.

You know the sort of thing, a few spirals, maybe some stars, a bit of tinsel on the side..... a few sequins on the nose.... perhaps multicoloured lipstick spots all over their face and neck.....

that would be much more snazzy, i think.

Unfortunately, most people who wear cosmetics seem to disagree with me because everyone else isn't doing that, so it isn't 'fashionable' to get creative with it...

ah well, maybe someday....

viewtopic.php?t=3727

chizzeck that shizznet. I think that's cool makeup