What do you eat to consume 3,000-4,000+ calories a day?

I'm looking to start consuming a minimum of 3,000 calories a day to gain weight but wouldn't mind going higher than that. My problem is that I'm on a budget and often buy foods that require considerable preparation such as dried rices, beans, tvp, vital wheat gluten flour (for seitan) and end up not cooking them ahead of time, such as when I get myself to meal prep, so I end up eating out or eating a more quickly prepared meal that doesn't meet my high calorie requirements.

What are some foods that you eat which you find can easily meet your high calorie requirements while also being budget friendly?

Oats are 600 calories a cup, 2 cups of oats and you're already 1200 calories down

Didn't realize they were so calorie dense, I've been searching for a good high calorie food for breakfast. I do enjoy some microwaved oats with agave nectar and fruit, what could I add with it to add some protein?

The possibilities with oats are endless. You could add protein powder, chia seeds, hemp seeds, hell, any seeds. Nuts and nut butters are great too. You could have something protein rich on the side like mock meat sausage and/or bacon. Or a tofu scramble as well.

Great suggestions, will be stopping by my local store to pick some of this stuff up!

Use a blender to make a big shake (doesn't have to have protein powder in it) put a lot of peanut/almond butter in it with a non dairy milk and some fruit/veg, that's one way of hitting calories!

Shakes are a great way for me personally to consume a lot more calories than I normally would, I like the nut butter and non dairy milk idea since those are both so calorie dense, will throw in a banana and some spinach to round it out

protein powders are okay in oats, i think it tastes better overall if you have it on its, own, and have protein shake seperately though if you like protein shakes that is

i put quick oats, blueberries, ground flax,almond/soy milk and cinnamon in a bowl, nuke it for about 1 minute (not enough to cook it typically, i do this just to thaw the blueberries a bit), then eat it

frozen blueberries, and mango go really good in oats.

• 2 weeks later...

I made grain free granola the other day, big bag of mixed nuts, a small bag of pumpkin seeds and maple syrup/ honey (if you eat it)

Smash up or blend the nuts and seeds a little whilst you Heat the syrup in a saucepan, add the syrup to the bowl of nuts and seeds and mix, then stick it in the oven for 20 mins or so, once its cool it should stick together and a small serving will give you roughly 300/400 calories, depends what you use obviously, but that's a real easy snack/cereal for getting in your calories