How to make brown rice and beans more appetizing?

These two items are a staple in my diet but I often get bored with them due to my lack of creativity in making them more delectable. At the moment the most I do to make them more palatable is to make a vegan gravy but while it's tasty it doesn't store well in the fridge as it solidifies and is very thick when re heating. What kind of simple recipes can one do to make brown rice and beans more enjoyable?

I like to fry off some finely chopped red chilli's, mushrooms, and kale in a little olive oil, once cooked, mix them into the rice and beans. Add a wee bit of sea salt and pepper to taste.

I also love spicy red lentil soup/stew, fry off finely chooped red chilli, fresh crushed garlic, cubed carrots and onion. Then throw in some cumin, turmeric, and smoked paprika, a 500gram bag of red lentils, low sodium vegetable stock and enough water to make it ethier a stew or soup....I prefer a stew, so less water. A pot of that has a whopping 120+ grams of protein and tastes great too:)

Cajun Style my friend!

heat up a cast iron skillet w/ 1/2 tbsp grapeseed oil

Add:

1-2 green onions chopped

1/2cup red pepper chopped

3 cloves garlic minced

stir fry for 3-5 min

Add 1 can of black beans with the water in the can

Add:

1 tsp - oregano, thyme

1/2 tsp - sea salt

1 tbsp or more of chili garlic sauce

1 tsp apple cider vinegar or a couple tbsp tomato paste

simmer for 5 min

enjoy over white or brown rice

I like to fry off some finely chopped red chilli's, mushrooms, and kale in a little olive oil, once cooked, mix them into the rice and beans. Add a wee bit of sea salt and pepper to taste.

I also love spicy red lentil soup/stew, fry off finely chooped red chilli, fresh crushed garlic, cubed carrots and onion. Then throw in some cumin, turmeric, and smoked paprika, a 500gram bag of red lentils, low sodium vegetable stock and enough water to make it ethier a stew or soup....I prefer a stew, so less water. A pot of that has a whopping 120+ grams of protein and tastes great too:)

I really like the idea of adding more vegetables and spices as I typically at most add salt, pepper and nutritional yeast. Making some lentil soup sounds very appetizing after just eating rice and beans by itself!

Cajun Style my friend!

heat up a cast iron skillet w/ 1/2 tbsp grapeseed oil

Add:

1-2 green onions chopped

1/2cup red pepper chopped

3 cloves garlic minced

stir fry for 3-5 min

Add 1 can of black beans with the water in the can

Add:

1 tsp - oregano, thyme

1/2 tsp - sea salt

1 tbsp or more of chili garlic sauce

1 tsp apple cider vinegar or a couple tbsp tomato paste

simmer for 5 min

enjoy over white or brown rice

Going to make this for sure as I have all the ingredients, sounds tasty!