Green Powders and Nitrates

So I'm sure most of you have seen that dietary nitrates (not the kind from processed meats) improve sports performance if taken before a workout. Arugula, kale, rhubarb and other leafy greens are high in nitrates, the problem is, if I wanted to consume enough nitrates from one of these, I'd have to eat a boat load of fiber before I workout. That is not ideal for me. So I thought, perhaps I will juice and consume the juice 30 min before my workout..... but juicing is so strenuous and requires so much clean up. Also, time wise, I can't always coordinate that.

So my question is, does anyone know if I can get nitrates from powdered kale and arugula, like a green powder? Has anyone tried supplementing with these? Are the nitrates preserved through the processing? Please let me know if you know anything about green powders!

Thanks!

Actually the studies show the most benefit comes with the consumption of high nitrate foods 2.5-3 hrs pre workout of a steady state cardio vascular workout (running, cycling, etc). They would be no benefit to a bodybuilding or any other anaerobic workout. My protocol is to have a spinach heavy smoothie 2-3 hrs before my trail runs and 2 cups of rice milk and 1 cup soy milk 15-20 min pre workout and post workout plus 24-32 oz of water with sea salt for rehydration and electrolytes.

I know you're probably looking for something natural, but I have to vouch for the effectiveness of a preworkout supplement. I tried a potent preworkout [sample] about a year ago that really turned me off because of the paresthesia...and I simply can't deal with that...lol. I'm using Pre Jym right now...essentially, I feel that it gives me afternoon/evening level of performance during my 4:30am semi-fasted workouts.