Ultimate Fighting

Dont read this post if you dont want to know what happened in UFC on Saturday.

***spoilers***

Chuck Liddel was man handled. At least thats the way I saw it. He landed a few good punches, but Jardine was unbelievable.

Diego Sanchez lost

The big goofy guy, cant remember his name, beat the guy from Pride.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was another night of upsets in the UFC. Liddell got dropped in the 2nd round. though he recovered quickly, it was downhill from then on. the first round was pretty close, but the last 2 went to Jardine in my opinion. maybe Chuck underestimated Keith, maybe he was hesitant because he got knocked out in the last fight, i don't know. but it was definitly an upset.

a bigger upset to me was that Shogun lost to Forrest Griffin. not just lost, but Shogun tapped out! props to Forrest for his cardio and heart. Shogun looked tired by the 2nd round. Forrest just battered him, especially in the 3rd round, and then sunk in a rear naked choke. i just can't believe it. not to take anything away from Forrest, always knew he had skills and tons of heart. but Shogun is ranked in the top 3 in the world! and Forrest (not ranked in the top 10) just beat on him until he tapped out.

did anyone else notice Jason "Mayhem" Miller goofing around behind Wanderlei Silva? he's the one with the 4 finger ring in the background. LOL! that guy is crazy!

http://www.fightlinker.com/pics/mayhem67.jpg

check him out doing the "home alone" face in the background, LMAO!

http://a302.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/103/l_ed9cd86a66e16db18d166b0757b1d685.gif

• 2 weeks later...

^ you mean Wanderlei Silva? yeah, this clip is right after they announced the decision went to Keith Jardine. it was pretty much acknowledged that if Chuck Liddell won, he would fight Wanderlie Silva next. Chuck and Wanderlie have been calling each other out for a long time. Silva has been wanting that match up for years. hell, seems like everyone has been wanting to see these two fight forever.

• 2 weeks later...

UFC 77 is in a few days. the website basically only has the trailer. no interviews or analysis. weird.

any thoughts or predictions about it? i personally hope that Brandon "The Truth" Vera can upset Tim Sylvia. i think he can do it, he's got strong Thai clinch and knees. he's beaten Frank Mir (who broke Tim's arm) and he's also beaten Asserio Silva (who gave Tim a tough fight and who Tim could not finish). and he beat them both in the first round. plus, i am just not a Tim fan.

i think Rich Franklin has been doing good since his loss, but i still don't think he has enough to be Anderson Silva. but you never know, this has been a year of upset after upset. i wish they were broadcasting Jason Mcdonald vs. Yushin Okami. that is a much more interesting fight than the rest of the undercard.

I want Tim Sylvia to lose because I hate him. I like seeing another 6' 8" in the ring, but god, I hate him. BUT. He has surprised me. He is so big it will be hard for anyone to clinch him, and he has shown good sprawl and even ok ground game.

Anderson Silva is my man. My friends are going to kill me because they are big Rich Franklin fans. But Ill be up on my feet the whole fight cheering for Silva. He is just so accurate with his punches.

UFC 77 is in a few days. the website basically only has the trailer. no interviews or analysis. weird.

any thoughts or predictions about it? i personally hope that Brandon "The Truth" Vera can upset Tim Sylvia. i think he can do it, he's got strong Thai clinch and knees. he's beaten Frank Mir (who broke Tim's arm) and he's also beaten Asserio Silva (who gave Tim a tough fight and who Tim could not finish). and he beat them both in the first round. plus, i am just not a Tim fan.

i think Rich Franklin has been doing good since his loss, but i still don't think he has enough to be Anderson Silva. but you never know, this has been a year of upset after upset. i wish they were broadcasting Jason Mcdonald vs. Yushin Okami. that is a much more interesting fight than the rest of the undercard.

I agree anderson silva will probably win. I think that although Rich Franklin was coming off an injury and now he is 100 %, that is was the kind of fighter that he was not the injury that cost him.

I would really like to see vera win. The more times he can hit those legs with kicks, the better off he will be. Sylvia has such a long reach though.

the Silva vs. Franklin rematch went almost the same way the first one did, right down to the broken nose. it lasted a bit longer, but the outcome was the same, finished off by the knees of Silva. i felt so bad for Franklin. he got knocked out by Silva again, in front of his hometown, and on his wife's birthday. even Anderson Silva was apologizing for beating him. but Silva is just a monster, he has been very impressive since he came to UFC. think of it, since he got to UFC he has never been to a decision, and finished all 5 fights by the 2nd round. he has just blazed thru everybody who has stepped in that cage with him.

i think if Dan Henderson drops down to 185, he has the best chance of beating Silva. other than him, i'm not sure who else. maybe Okami would put up a good fight, but i dont think he could get the W.

a little disappointed that Vera didn't win. i just don't like Tim Sylvia that much. it seems his strategy to win is the decision. i'll admit, the third round was all Tim. but i don't like him for the same reason Randy wanted to fight him. he seems to pace around trying not to lose instead of trying to win. but that's just my opinion. Tim called out Cheick Kongo, and i think that would be a good fight for both of them. hopefully that will come to pass. i'd still like to see Tim vs. Crocop though.

Yeah, Suz watches every UFC with me - she's as much a fan as I am. Granted she doesn't follow other mma organizations as I do. She's even developed a keen interest in grappling (a departure from her normal discipline of kickboxing) and she's pretty good at it. She's had me in some submissions that I honestly couldn't get out of and had to tap! (and don't think 'marriage' is one of em! ).

As for Chuck/Wanderlei... Chuck better get himself more prepared than he was for his last two losses. Either way, I think Silva's going to knock him out or pound him out, and he'll retire soon after. I really don't think he's got too many more fights in him at this level. Of course, mma is unpredictable and you never know! Most of the Pride fighters have had a bit of cage-fright...

I agree that Chuck better be ready. After his last two losses, especially the Jardine(who I was very impressed by the way), he honestly seemed frightened. Like you said, cage fright. Maybe he have more in him, maybe not. I just love rubbing it in my friends face whenever he gets pounded on!

I cant remember their names, but the light weight category continues to impress me. Its such a different pace from big slow Tim Sylvia laying the person against a fence and not moving for three rounds fight.

Watch for a great lightweight fight headlining the TUF finale in Dec - Roger Huerta vs. Clay Guida - both super-energetic, fast paced, exciting fighters that'll go all out. Can't wait for that one. I'm more excited about that than the TUF final (unless Mac made it to the final).

• 1 month later...