Ultimate Fighting

i just dont think florian had enough firepower.. but i wasnt impressed with penn's victory.

as for lesnar, i cant wait until he is out of the sport. people say he's good for business, but the only business i want to see are really good fights and sportsmanship.. he delivers neither.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for some reason, it looks like the Shane Carwin vs Cain Velasquez match has been scrapped. instead, they are giving a Carwin a title match at UFC 106, and Velasquez will fight Ben Rothwell instead at UFC 104.

i guess they wanted lesnar to defend the title before the end of the year

or maybe just wanted him to lose as soon as possible.

so carwin vs lesnar, what do you all think?

oh... and here is where i read it -----> SOURCE

coming up this weekend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQZB8md-HJI

i'm really like both Minotauro and Randy Couture. both legends, both multiple time champions, so it's hard for me to choose a favorite there.

but i'm also looking forward to seeing Demian Maia vs Nate Marquadt, more so than Keith Jardine vs Thiago Silva. Nate has already had his shot, so i'd like to see Maia win and get his title shot against Anderson Silva.

in defence of Lesnar.... I saw an interview with him after the lst fight with Mir. He said that the UFC had asked him to "bring some WWE into the show" Seems like they are intent on making him the heel of the UFC.

(not that I don't think that he's a jerk too)

coming up this weekend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQZB8md-HJI

i'm really like both Minotauro and Randy Couture. both legends, both multiple time champions, so it's hard for me to choose a favorite there.

but i'm also looking forward to seeing Demian Maia vs Nate Marquadt, more so than Keith Jardine vs Thiago Silva. Nate has already had his shot, so i'd like to see Maia win and get his title shot against Anderson Silva.

Well that was a good night and a bad night. Yes Nog no Couture. I will say that Randy needs to come with a different stand up package. He got hit by Nog the same way he was hit by Lesnar and went down. He keeps leaving that chin out there. Great job by both on the ground. Nog offense and Randy defense. Waiting for a healthy and motivated Nog to enter into the Octagon against Lesnar. Cant wait to see the fight between Lesnar and Nog. The other two fights must have made the company pull up more then a few dark matches to make up the time line. Wow they were quick endings. I am getting the feeling that Jardine may be leaving us with two losses in a row.

I think that with Anderson Silva leaving Forrest in the dust , Franklin needs to go back down to Middleweight, train differently and beat Silva to get that monkey off his back. If Silva moves to light heavyweight then Franklin probably wont get that title either. I think that Silva has the benefit of a psychological block on Franklin. Less strength training more technique, noone doubts his physical strength. Fast Fast Faster. Just my two cents.

• 2 months later...

Well sorry about lesnars troubles. Seems like they are getting better after the surgury.

Mike Quick Swick. Did anyone see the fights last saturday? Did anyone feel a little uncomfortable looking at Mike Swick? It looked like there was something wrong with him. Like he didnt get his weight back after the weighin. He looked like he actually lost weight after the weigh in . His opponent looked two weight classes above him. I havent seen Swick legs and arms that skinny before, or atleast I dont remember it. If that is the way he is going to look as a welterweight, then it might be time to move back up the middleweight.

• 1 year later...