Ultimate Fighting

I just watched the post fight interview on the web, for royce gracie, Man he has been in america for a time, so I dont think it is a language barrier, but he is not a good interview. one word answers. good thing the sport itself is engaging.

I just went to UFC.com and watched his post fight interview. He really is a terrible interview. His interview was about 1/3 as long as Matt Hughes

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the post fight interview on the web, for royce gracie, Man he has been in america for a time, so I dont think it is a language barrier, but he is not a good interview. one word answers. good thing the sport itself is engaging.

I just went to UFC.com and watched his post fight interview. He really is a terrible interview. His interview was about 1/3 as long as Matt Hughes

exacltly I noticed that too. 1/3 as long.

Did you also see the 2 part clip from tito, he has some interesting points, it was probably taped before his tough enough show began.

what did you guys think about diego sanchez getting the decision. the crowd didn't seem to agree with it. alessio had a great takedown defense, and he did manage to stay out of the rear naked choke for a very long time, which is not easy to do. props to him for that.

but to win a fight you have to do more than just avoid takedowns. and he didn't put diego in any danger or push the action much. it was mostly defense. he put on a great display, but in the end i have to agree with the decision and give it to diego.

what did you guys think about diego sanchez getting the decision. the crowd didn't seem to agree with it. alessio had a great takedown defense, and he did manage to stay out of the rear naked choke for a very long time, which is not easy to do. props to him for that.

but to win a fight you have to do more than just avoid takedowns. and he didn't put diego in any danger or push the action much. it was mostly defense. he put on a great display, but in the end i have to agree with the decision and give it to diego.

I agreed with the decision not the crowd. Sanchez seemed to be the only one actually fighting. It is a fight not an avoid (although he was incredible at evasive moves).

Yup! Diego all the way. He looked more messed up (with the cut) which is probably why the crowd thought differently. Jabbing a guy a few times doesn't win fights unfortunately.

It does when you and I are fighting... oh wait! that's because I "jerbed" your nose into hamburger....

just saw a commercial for a company called "yale" lighting or electric, it had chuck liddell in it. I think he comes off as a little too cardboard.

Also I forgot to mention this a couple days ago. I was returning from lunch at work and I happenned to hear the Jim Rome show, jim lampley was filling in.

he was really giving it to the UFC (Barfights is all it is, it will pass like every other form of disorganized violence) he was I guess ( i did not hear the beginnning of the conversation) defending boxing. About how the UFC buyrates are up (both in arena and payperview) but that boxing will be hear long after UFC and all other MMA leave the landscape. he said that even the worst planned card for boxing , crushes the UFC buyrates. He called boxing the sweet science, and MMA barfighting, and that any participant or champion for the UFC would be creamed by a mid level boxer, if the UFC comepetitor entered the ring and fought with in the boxers rules. He claiined that MMA fighers were not as conditioned as Boxers. that there was not as much science and technique involved in brawling (UFC).

He did have a point when he pointed out that boxers make a ton of money for being champions and the MMA fighters do not. I think that it was an indication on his part as to how much money boxing generated.

I think that he weakened his argument by saying that Boxing has been around for over 100 years (at least in the united states, more years elsewhere) and that it would be around long after the UFC has gone, which made me think, that is the point, MMA needs time to catch up. How much money was boxing making after its first 15 years? Of course the dollar has increase throught multiple inflations over the decades, but the buyrate, I think is more then favoring the UFC

Anyway that is my vent for today

PRIDE has apparently lost their tv deal and may be in big trouble financially.

I watch the , I guess its the, sampler on Fox sports net sometimes. Kind of cool. I like some of they japanese;s choreographed entrances.

Sorry to hear they are having a problem.

Also I forgot to mention this a couple days ago. I was returning from lunch at work and I happenned to hear the Jim Rome show, jim lampley was filling in.

he was really giving it to the UFC (1.)Barfights is all it is, it will pass like every other form of disorganized violence) he was I guess ( i did not hear the beginnning of the conversation) defending boxing. About how the UFC buyrates are up (both in arena and payperview) but that boxing will be hear long after UFC and all other MMA leave the landscape. 2)he said that even the worst planned card for boxing , crushes the UFC buyrates. 3)He called boxing the sweet science, and MMA barfighting, and that any participant or champion for the UFC would be creamed by a mid level boxer, if the UFC comepetitor entered the ring and fought with in the boxers rules. He claiined that MMA fighers were not as conditioned as Boxers. that there was not as much science and technique involved in brawling (UFC).

He did have a point when he pointed out that boxers make a ton of money for being champions and the MMA fighters do not. I think that it was an indication on his part as to how much money boxing generated.

I think that he weakened his argument by saying that Boxing has been around for over 100 years (at least in the united states, more years elsewhere) and that it would be around long after the UFC has gone, which made me think, 4)that is the point, MMA needs time to catch up. How much money was boxing making after its first 15 years? Of course the dollar has increase throught multiple inflations over the decades, but the buyrate, I think is more then favoring the UFC

Anyway that is my vent for today

The numbered and bold things are to make it easier to know what im talking about

#1- If all the UFC was was a barfight then there would be no ref..no one to jump in when a fighter is in danger or not inteligently defending himself. You would be able to use any tactic possible to win. Be it head butts, fish hooking, groin shots, strikes to the back of the head/spine etc. Also all the rules show how organized it really is. Barfight..psch B.S!

#2- Id rather watch the worst UFC fight then watch any boxing match period. Sure Boxing has their great fighters but personally boxing bores the hell out of me.

#3- Its a whole different game. Thats like saying Cricket players would cream Baseball players if they played with the Cricket rules.I mean come one. And if a boxer were to play by the MMA fighters rules he would be out in 20 secs. Id like to see any top Boxer take on any of our champs and play by the MMA rules. It would be no contest.

#4- I completely agree with this statement. Also I would bet half my wages that the UFC has taken off alot faster then Boxing did. As far as buyrate that is. Granted technology has made it alot easier but i still think that MMA blows Boxing away.

Anyways there MY rant for the day.

Need I say I disagree with mr. lampley.

any participant or champion for the UFC would be creamed by a mid level boxer, if the UFC comepetitor entered the ring and fought with in the boxers rules.

this is a weak argument. You could just as easily say any boxer would be crushed if he stepped in the octagon and fought by UFC rules. It’s apples and oranges.

btw, Vitor Belfort would beg to disagree with you. he recently stepped into the boxing ring and did very well. won by knockout in the first round.

Barfights is all it is.... He claimed that MMA fighers were not as conditioned as Boxers. that there was not as much science and technique involved in brawling (UFC).

yeah ok, put a drunk barfighter in the octagon and see how long he lasts. This is just an insult to MMA fighters. We all know the amount of discipline and conditioning it takes to step into the octagon and be successful. It’s not something everyone can do. You try getting pounded by Pedro “the Rock” Rizzo for 25 minutes like Randy “the Natural” Coutre did.

boxers make a ton of money for being champions and the MMA fighters do not.

This is more about the business side, and has nothing to do with the talent of the athletes. Vanilla ice has sold more records than Bob Dylan. Does that make him better? The fact that MMA fighters don’t make as much money boxers show how much they love the sport.

Boxing has been around for over 100 years (at least in the united states, more years elsewhere) and that it would be around long after the UFC has gone,

This is a joke. The UFC has been around only since 1993, but MMA fighting has been around in one form or another for centuries. It is as old as the martial arts, when one style would fight another style. We can go as far back to the no hold barred fighting of Pankration in Greece in the year 648 BC!

He called boxing the sweet science, and MMA barfighting, it will pass like every other form of disorganized violence

you want to talk about disorganized violence? Ok, here it is point blank.

number of deaths in the UFC history: 0

number of deaths in boxing, just since 1990: 128 (source)

Now, you tell me which sport is more barbaric. I rest my case.

This sort of nonsense just exposes how much the business of boxing is threatened by MMA. They know it is getting ready to take over so they are trying to discredit it. I don’t mean to knock boxing (no pun intended), I just hate it when people don’t give MMA fighters their due respect.

Vanilla ice has sold more records than Bob Dylan. Does that make him better?

Dude, that's all you had to say. Classic.

Lampley was obviously defending boxing for his own job security.

The exciting thing about MMA is that it's still in a growing stage - it has changed so much in the past few years. There are very few guys who are total all-around fighters, but with everyone realizing that you have to be to be a champion, things will only get better.

I've heard that Mike Tyson is into MMA, but have never heard about him training or fighting or anything. Anyone have any info on that?

• 2 weeks later...
Is anybody excited about the Arlovski VS Silvia fight? Personally i dont have much interest in it. However, I am excited about the Ortiz VS Shamrock 2 fight. I bet Shamrock looks the same as in the first bout.

Arlovski vs Silva....very excited!

Ortiz vs Shamrock....not excited, I think it will be very one sided.

see now that is an interesting development I thought. They had the arlovski (sp) vs silvia fight as a main event didnt they?

They had the Shamrock vs Ortiz fight as a main event last time, right?

Now they dont think that either the Shamrock vs ORtiz fight is enough to get folks to buy or

Arlovski vs silvia is not enough (as a main event) to get folks to buy in

Am I crazy or shouldnt they be allowed to be the sole selling points for there own nights.

Now I dont know the numbers either brought in , but my opinion ofcourse is my own, so I could be wrong.

Also kind of a quick rematch?

i am also excited about the arlovski vs. sylvia rematch. i also expected each fighter to have a couple of fights before the rematch. maybe they didn't want to take a chance of sylvia losing the belt before arlovski got another shot.

i think the arlovski sylvia fight is the main event because there is actually a title on the line. the shamrock ortiz fight is just a grudge match. still, i agree it could probably stand on it's own and they could have saved it for it's own ppv where it would be the main event. but the next ppv after this is the matt hughes vs. george st. pierre rematch, also with a title on the line. so i guess they just decided it's been hyped up enough thru the entire season of the ultimate fighter. so it's time to get it on.

there is another ultimate fight night on on wednesday. it has chris "crippler" leben, stephan "american psycho" bonnar, and our old friend luke "silent assasin" cummo. anybody watching that?

I agree that it's a bit quick for a re-match. Sylvia's promo talks about how Arlovski was lucky the first time. Although I think Sylvia trained well and had a good game plan for the 2nd fight, if anyone got lucky it was him in that fight. He got rocked before he rocked Arlovski. I think they'll both be more careful this time - it might even go to a 2nd round (gasp!)

I'm not interested at all in the Ortiz-Shamrock fight. Too much bluster and whining for a sport that has martial arts as a backbone. I won't buy this ppv for that reason.

However, the Hughes/GSP is a must-buy. Both are awesome, but GSP is my # 1 fighter (Hughes is in the top 5 though).

I will be watching tonight.

Last night was like a coming out party for 3 fighters (Silva, Evans, Goulet). Overall a very entertaining evening of fights.

Silva over Leben. It wasn't long enough to tell if Silva is really that good, but if he is.... . Might be a bit early to be saying Franklin needs to watch out, but Silva was darn impressive against a tough guy in Leben.

Evans and Goulet both dominated their matches. Bonnar and Cummo had no answers, except for Cummo's late RNC attempt.

Rob "Maximus" (puhleez) McDonald is still suspect, IMO, but that was a sweet arm bar.

The Hominick-Gurgel fight was a bit lame - lots of action, but I didn't like Hominick's running around at all. Made him look scared.

last night's fights were great. so happy to see bonnar put on his ass. the "draw" decision by one of the referees makes bonnar's last victory that much more suspect. Rashad has a good future ahead of him.

i don't think goulet was that dominant. he almost got both knocked out and chocked out. he is like GSP with a few holes in his game.

silva really is that good. he ranged leben with perfection and was extremely accurate with his strikes. although i think Franklin is the most intelligent UFC fighter, he will get ktfo'd by Silva. wasn't surprised one bit that Leben would get his ass handed to him the first time he fought a world class fighter.

seen it.

Well I hated bill orielly before anyways. But this is just one more reason.

Yea hes a dumb ass. I mean what was that whole part about Ali getting Parkinsons from boxing...Is that how Michael J Fox got it too?? I just think alot more boxers would have it if that were the case.

Silva over Leben. It wasn't long enough to tell if Silva is really that good, but if he is.... . Might be a bit early to be saying Franklin needs to watch out, but Silva was darn impressive against a tough guy in Leben.

Great fight, Silva was incredible!

Rob "Maximus" (puhleez) McDonald is still suspect, IMO, but that was a sweet arm bar.

I was bored with the fight up until the arm bar and was like "where did that come from?" That was sweet!

The Hominick-Gurgel fight was a bit lame - lots of action, but I didn't like Hominick's running around at all. Made him look scared

Hated this fight. The show boating in the end was too much. If they had so much more energy, then IMO they didn't give the fight their all. (sex and fighting, if your not exhausted when it's over, why bother)

Some of these fights are really beginning to drag. What ever happened to closest weapon closest target?