Ultimate Fighting

well it's official. ortiz vs. shamrock III on oct. 10th, on a tuesday?! well at least this time we won't have to shell out for a PPV. it will be free on spike tv.

i saw the all access babalu special. that girl that was hosting was all over babalu's jock. all the uncomfortable innuendo when they were surfing. i wanted to learn how to surf, babalu took the time to indulge me. "what are you gonna do with me babalu?" "well first i'm gonna put you on the sand, then you are gonna lay down... " is it getting hot in here? and when they were eating, "wow babalu, you know how to cook.... i like that in a guy. " oh jesus just get a room already!!!

Iceman vs. Babalu tonight! LET'S GET IT ON!

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have already announced UFC 64: Unstoppable. Oct. 14th.

in the main event, it will be Rich Franklin vs. Anderson Silva for the middleweight title. i didn't think Silva would get a title shot so fast, but i'm glad he did and i look forward to seeing it.

YEA!! Go Rich!!!

So thats shotty that the Silva/Liddell fight isnt happening. Anybody think Tito can dethrone Liddell? I think Tito has a chance. But we'll see.

Oh and the fact that St Pierre isnt fighting Hughes sadens me. I hope Penn tears through him. Hes done it before he can do it again.

they have already announced UFC 64: Unstoppable. Oct. 14th.

in the main event, it will be Rich Franklin vs. Anderson Silva for the middleweight title. i didn't think Silva would get a title shot so fast, but i'm glad he did and i look forward to seeing it.

YEA!! Go Rich!!!

So thats shotty that the Silva/Liddell fight isnt happening. Anybody think Tito can dethrone Liddell? I think Tito has a chance. But we'll see.

Oh and the fact that St Pierre isnt fighting Hughes sadens me. I hope Penn tears through him. Hes done it before he can do it again.

has something happenned to make it a no go, or have they just postponed the fight?

has something happenned to make it a no go, or have they just postponed the fight?

I dont remember where i found this out but on the video you have Dana White saying himself that it wasnt going to happen. Liddells next fight will more than likely be Tito Ortiz.

im stoked about the line up for UFC 63.

Matt Hughes VS BJ Penn

Mike Swick VS David Loiseau

Jason Lambert VS Rashad Evans

Joe Lauzon VS Jens Pulver

Gabe Ruediger VS Melvin Guillard

David Lee VS Tyson Griffin

Danny Abbadi VS Jorge Gurgel

Mario Neto VS Gabriel Gonzaga

Roger Huerta VS Jason Dent

Awesome match ups. Cant wait till this one happens. And the return of Jens Pulver!!

i figured that liddel vs. silva would be off, or hopefully just postponed. and dana is right about silva probably not being cleared to fight in november. but i have to side with the author of the article. if dana white is trying to say that wanderlai silva doesn't deserve a fight against chuck liddell, he is way full of it. Silva lost to Mirko Crocop, a heavyweight who is consistently ranked in the top 3 in the world. just because silva lost to crocop does not mean he will lose to chuck. and chuck would not have done any better against crocop. Wanderlei still poses the biggest threat to his champion, a greater threat to liddell than anyone currently in the UFC, and dane white just does not want to take the chance that his light heavyweight champion would lose to the guy who just got knocked out in a Pride open weight tournament. dana is just using this as the convenient excuse that it is.

what is more likely happening here is dana white is trying to save face because a major fight he announced was definitely going to happen, is not going to happen because of a fallout in contract negotiations. the UFC is not willing to pay Wanderlie what Pride is paying him. and dana just doesn't want to look like a liar. now he can act naive and say, "i wanted the fight to happen, but silva lost".

what a heartbreaking loss. bj penn was doing everything right, nothing matt hughes was doing was working at all. the first 2 rounds were dominated by bj penn, and had the 2nd round lasted another 10 seconds, hughes would have been tapping out. then disaster struck in the 3rd round. looks like bj just ran out of gas. then matt got him in that crucifix and there was really no way for penn to defend himself. i really thought that this was the night the title would change hands. well, knowing the rematch happy UFC, this sets up a rubber match. and being that penn owned hughes in the first 2 rounds, i don't see why they shouldn't give him another shot. if penn had better conditioning, the fight would have turned out differently.

other thoughts: what a shocker seeing lil evil jens pulver go down in less than a minute. eddie sanchez looks like a heavyweight to keep an eye on. mike swick looked good in his win over loiseau. however, if he plans to fight like that against rich franklin, he will not win. he will definitely have to step it up to beat the champ. GSP's post fight comments were great. "matt hughes, i'm not impressed with your performance tonight, and i look forward to fighting you soon". it seemed like he was half joking, he kept smiling and shaking matt's hands. matt didn't seem offended, but looks like the rest of his camp got pretty pissed off.

Anybody have any idea when we'll see Bisping fight again? If i recall right it took forever to see Forest Griffin fight again after we won TUF. I like Bisping alot and i hope to see him again soon.

i heard that he will be fighting at UFC 65 in november. not sure against who, but they want to put him on the undercard.

http://64.ufc.com/

A Preview for UFC 64 Franklin VS Silva!! Also Sherk VS Florian for the Lightweight championship!

thanks for the link.

but boy the video kept stopping and going, I had to bail on it.

Thats weird cause it worked perfectly for me.

I watched Beasts from the East 2 the other day. And Anderson Silva had a match on that dvd. I was very suprised that he was so technical on the ground. All ive heard about him was that hes a excellent striker. In this match he had the guy in so many submission holds it was amazing. Suprising cause the chute box team usually stand and bang. IE Wandy Silva.

So I think Franklin VS Silva will be a great match. Could Silva dethrone the champ? Im leaning towards no. But we'll see.

cool link. the lightweight division does look very exciting. the main event is good too. i was thinking they would wait at least one other fight before the put anderson silva in a title match. they only have one highlight of him (albeit a damn good highlight) fighting chris leben. but then again, if anderson silva fights another one or two opponents, who is gonna fight rich franklin in the meantime?

haha, i don't why i keep laughing at this, but the way that their faces are cut out on the main screen just cracks me up. no body, no neck, just their face floating there. it look so funny to me.

Anybody else notice that when both Silva and Franklin are talking about each other theres no animosity towards each other.. The harshest thing you hear is ill be the one with my hand raised at the end. Theres none of this "Im gonna smash his face in." To me it sounds like they respect each other as fighters.

i agree. and i for one, like that. i was mentioning in another post about how MMA is not just 2 tough guys in a cage trying to hit each other until they bleed. they are two disciplined, trained, technical, professional athletes that love to compete and test themselves at their chosen sport. these two guys are a shining example of that.

i agree. and i for one, like that. i was mentioning in another post about how MMA is not just 2 tough guys in a cage trying to hit each other until they bleed. they are two disciplined, trained, technical, professional athletes that love to compete and test themselves at their chosen sport. these two guys are a shining example of that.

I like it too. The whole animosity grudge match thing is a little over played.

Ive heard a few people say its just 2 guys just trying to bloody each other up. If only they knew the hard work, dedication and courage it actually took to get in that ring. Some people are just ignorant.

what happened to this whole forum. There used to be posts every single day. Now nothing. Did everybody get bored or what?

Hey Im trying

I am just not that interesting

I am looking forward to the serra vs shoney fight that I hope that serra gets (according to the previews.

I think I saw Liddell laughing as serra said he wanted shoney