Ultimate Fighting

what happened to this whole forum. There used to be posts every single day. Now nothing. Did everybody get bored or what?

Also because it is free, I am looking forward to the match ups on the 12th(?) is it?

You mean the Ortiz/Shamrock 3? Thats on the 10th, i do believe. Im kinda looking forward to seeing a couple of the TUF 3 fighters fight again. Herman fights. I hope he gets stomped.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what happened to this whole forum. There used to be posts every single day. Now nothing. Did everybody get bored or what?

Also because it is free, I am looking forward to the match ups on the 12th(?) is it?

You mean the Ortiz/Shamrock 3? Thats on the 10th, i do believe. Im kinda looking forward to seeing a couple of the TUF 3 fighters fight again. Herman fights. I hope he gets stomped.

Im sorry you are correct my dentist appointment is on the 12th

I dont like herman too much either.

you who I do like is Goulet, I know he hasnt been doing very well, but I think he is a nice guy. you know GSP's Friend with the crazy hiair.

goulet is the only guy I get out of my recliner to cheer on.

hat was funny when he was knocked out by that TKD guy in three seconds, he was half embarrassed and half cracking up.

I think that he showed alot of class when he beat Cummo (sp) he didnt jump up and run around, I hate when people do that.

you who I do like is Goulet, I know he hasnt been doing very well, but I think he is a nice guy. you know GSP's Friend with the crazy hiair.

you mean... GOULET!

http://www.thelin.net/laurent/cinema/photos/atlantic_city/robert_goulet.jpg

oh you meant the fighter.

some fighters are getting lazy with their nicknames. i was just looking at the undercard for oct. 10th. there is a guy fighting who calls himself john "the natural" alessio. i was thinking "wait a minute... there is only one "Natural" and it ain't Alessio, it's Couture!"

so it's official now. UFC 65 - Bad Intentions Nov. 18, 2006

Matt Hughes vs. George St. Pierre

Tim Sylvia vs. Jeff "The Snowman" Monson

WAR GSP!

WAR SNOWMAN!

you mean... GOULET!

http://www.thelin.net/laurent/cinema/photos/atlantic_city/robert_goulet.jpg

oh you meant the fighter.

some fighters are getting lazy with their nicknames. i was just looking at the undercard for oct. 10th. there is a guy fighting who calls himself john "the natural" alessio. i was thinking "wait a minute... there is only one "Natural" and it ain't Alessio, it's Couture!"

so it's official now. UFC 65 - Bad Intentions Nov. 18, 2006

Matt Hughes vs. George St. Pierre

Tim Sylvia vs. Jeff "The Snowman" Monson

WAR GSP!

WAR SNOWMAN!

You had me walking around picturing Goulet throwing a beating on everyone ALA Homky Tonk man. Strangeling the competition with the Microphone cable.

Now speaking of nick names, how does snowman make people change there pants. sounts like the nickname for a salesman doing a snow jub.

Serously I dont know who he is. But who ever he is I hope he kills the Maine-ianc. Well I am the Mass Ass and I say he goes down (crap maybe I should work on my nick name)

very excited about the fights tonight. I am glad that they told me that they are on tonight (they said at the weigh ins last night that they will be tomorrow when I thought they were on wednesday, dont ask my why I did) I have a feeling that it will be a quick fight again between shamrock and ortiz. I look forward to seeing Hammel fight again. I would like to see if his punching has progressed.

now shamrock is not in the rankings for the lightheavyweights is he

If ortiz loses to him does that mean that ortiz goes down a notch

I think that ortiz will win, but I just thought of that.

Pazios - when you say Mass Ass - does that mean you're from Massachusetts (in which case you'd be a fellow Masshole).

I think Shamrock is going to get pummelled.

Another thing on the stolen nicknames - Kendall Grove now calling himself the spider (or "da spyder")? I thought Anderson Silva was the spider?

i like the snowman jeff monson, but he is going to have a hard time with tim sylvia. for one thing he is about a foot shorter than tim. so his has a reach disadvantage. on the other hand, if he can get tim on the ground he will have the edge, because we know tim sylvia doesn't have much of a ground game. and if sylvia takes him lightly, like he did arlovski the first time they fought, he is gonna get tapped out. here's hoping sylvia's takedown defense isn't so good that night.

speaking of overused nicknames, how many assasins do we have? there is the silent assasin, the eastside assisin, the young assasin, the irish assasin, the alaskan assasin, and a few other assisins fighting in MMA. a little more originality is needed perhaps.

looking forward to the free fights tonight. i'm even getting out of work early to check these out.

Pazios - when you say Mass Ass - does that mean you're from Massachusetts (in which case you'd be a fellow Masshole).

I think Shamrock is going to get pummelled.

Another thing on the stolen nicknames - Kendall Grove now calling himself the spider (or "da spyder")? I thought Anderson Silva was the spider?

yes I am in mass.I live in north attleboro, near the Rhode Island border with Pawtucket, RI

well I guess that that will be the next grudge match in the UFC

I find kendall grove uninteresting, a guess it is just me.

i like the snowman jeff monson, but he is going to have a hard time with tim sylvia. for one thing he is about a foot shorter than tim. so his has a reach disadvantage. on the other hand, if he can get tim on the ground he will have the edge, because we know tim sylvia doesn't have much of a ground game. and if sylvia takes him lightly, like he did arlovski the first time they fought, he is gonna get tapped out. here's hoping sylvia's takedown defense isn't so good that night.

speaking of overused nicknames, how many assasins do we have? there is the silent assasin, the eastside assisin, the young assasin, the irish assasin, the alaskan assasin, and a few other assisins fighting in MMA. a little more originality is needed perhaps.

looking forward to the free fights tonight. i'm even getting out of work early to check these out.

I know that this is going to sound stupid (but that is the reason Im here isnt it ) but I think that when I guy is a foot taller then you, that might be the time to use Franklins advice and limit those long legs of sylvias. Now wait , tim would have to bend way down and really tall guys are always afraid of there nuts and knees getting taken out. If monsson timed it correctly and jump up and arm locked sylvias arm with his legs, that might be a way to bring him down. in the very least it would be exciting.

now I did see the fight when sylvia first won the champioship from that black haired guy, I did see the guy try and arm lock and I did see sylvia reach down and punch him in the face with his superior reach. but if monsoon saw that too, then he would be prepared for that, and sylvia could be in trouble. now I dont know the snowman , so I can not comment on his abillity to applied a bar lock with his legs (it is like a figure four but on the arm, I used to see lightweights apply them to each other all the time) that would make sylvia land on his face and limit his reach. A guy can dream cant he?

It sucks that arloski got hurt during that match. I would have loved to see him break sylvia down on the ground and submit him.

very excited about the fights tonight. I am glad that they told me that they are on tonight (they said at the weigh ins last night that they will be tomorrow when I thought they were on wednesday, dont ask my why I did) I have a feeling that it will be a quick fight again between shamrock and ortiz. I look forward to seeing Hammel fight again. I would like to see if his punching has progressed.

now shamrock is not in the rankings for the lightheavyweights is he

If ortiz loses to him does that mean that ortiz goes down a notch

I think that ortiz will win, but I just thought of that.

whoa im glad you said something cause i completely forgot about the fights tonight. THANKS!

Good night of fights! (in between the Scream Awards promos).

Tito dominated as expected. The whole Tito-Shamrock make-up was goofy, but good for the sport. Both of those guys are above their past displays of stupidity.

Holy Ed Hermann getting it handed to him. That was an awesome fight.

I bet there are people lining up to fight Matt Hamill. He has got some big holes in his game.

Good night of fights! (in between the Scream Awards promos).

Tito dominated as expected. The whole Tito-Shamrock make-up was goofy, but good for the sport. Both of those guys are above their past displays of stupidity.

Holy Ed Hermann getting it handed to him. That was an awesome fight.

I bet there are people lining up to fight Matt Hamill. He has got some big holes in his game.

Ed Herman got took out and that was a great fight. Very exciting. I agree there are holes in Matt Hamills game. I dont really think he should be fighting in the UFC until he gets some more training on his stand up. And maybe some more intensity on his ground and pound. But im sure training with Tito we'll be seeing a clone before too long.

the ed herman was my favorite fight of the night. i was thinking they put him up against an unknown to give him an easy win. and jason macdonald showed herman a lesson in the ground game. the way he reversed ed when he was mounted was beautiful. then the way he set up the triangle choke was perfect. no one is gonna underestimate him now. he went from "jason who?" to everyone buzzing about him in less than 4 minutes.

the shamrock fight went pretty much as expected. now he is retired, and tito gets his title shot. i'm not sure tito is ready for chuck. he has had 3 fights since he got back. 2 were against shamrock, which were not exactly a big test for him. the other one was against forrest griffin, who he barely beat. so how do you think he is gonna do against chuck liddel?

Edited by ronnie kray

ever notice that ed herman looks a lot like the guy from a knights tale?

the ed herman was my favorite fight of the night. i was thinking they put him up against an unknown to give him an easy win. and jason macdonald showed herman a lesson in the ground game. the way he reversed ed when he was mounted was beautiful. then the way he set up the triangle choke was perfect. no one is gonna underestimate him now. he went from "jason who?" to everyone buzzing about him in less than 4 minutes.

the shamrock fight went pretty much as expected. now he is retired, and tito gets his title shot. i'm not sure tito is ready for chuck. he has had 3 fights since he got back. 2 were against shamrock, which were not exactly a big test for him. the other one was against forrest griffin, who he barely beat. so how do you think he is gonna do against chuck liddel?

I agree I dont see him winning against liddell.

I thought that the fight against ed herman was great also. I love grappling matches.

I dont know the snowman , so I can not comment on his abillity to applied a bar lock with his legs (it is like a figure four but on the arm, I used to see lightweights apply them to each other all the time) that would make sylvia land on his face and limit his reach. A guy can dream cant he?

well a little info on "the snowman" jeff monson. he is a two time Abu Dhabi champion. his record is 22-5. he has won last 16 mma fights. 3 by decision, 2 by TKO and 11 by submission. he has fought people much taller than him (most people are ) and been able to take them out. i am not sure he has fought someone as tall as tim sylvia, but he has fought people at 6'4".

and his entrance music in "Imagine" by John Lennon. i hope he makes tim sylvia tap out.

I dont know the snowman , so I can not comment on his abillity to applied a bar lock with his legs (it is like a figure four but on the arm, I used to see lightweights apply them to each other all the time) that would make sylvia land on his face and limit his reach. A guy can dream cant he?

well a little info on "the snowman" jeff monson. he is a two time Abu Dhabi champion. his record is 22-5. he has won last 16 mma fights. 3 by decision, 2 by TKO and 11 by submission. he has fought people much taller than him (most people are ) and been able to take them out. i am not sure he has fought someone as tall as tim sylvia, but he has fought people at 6'4".

and his entrance music in "Imagine" by John Lennon. i hope he makes tim sylvia tap out.

YEA go Monson!

I really liked Jason Macdonalds Sub skills. Just how he was reversing everything Herman was trying to do. Like when he was on bottom and he swept Herman over and almost had a arm triangle. He just flowed beautifully. I love watching a sub guy who keeps his head and uses his jiu jitsu skills. Jason Macdonald is a perfect example of that. Maybe the one day champ of the Middleweight class. Hes got skills no doubt about that.

Any chance of anybody having a link of that fight? I tried searching on Youtube but nothin. So if anybody has that fight id love to watch it again.

OMG! Anderson Silva took out Rich Franklin in the first round last night. i did not expect it to end so soon. that was a tight muay thai clinch and rich could not get out of it. attacking the ribs of franklin until his hands dropped to protect his ribs. then came the knees to the head. rich was hurt and you could see it. a high kick and another knee to the head later and rich was down. and a new champion was crowned.

afterwards you could see rich's nose was clearly broken. it's a tough loss for him. i know he was recovering from a broken hand and this was his first fight in six months, don't know how much that affected his performance. both fighters showed a lot of class afterward. anderson didn't jump up and do the whole "YEAH, WHAT"S UP NOW!" junk after he won. he actually fell to the floor and nearly started weaping when it sunk in he had just become the new world champion. we all know that anderson silva was good, but it was crazy how easy he made it seem. we'll see where both fighters go from here.

if you get a chance, catch it on youtube before they yank it off. i haven't found it yet, but if i do i will post it right away.

Youve got to give it to Silva. Hes a tough SOB. He just completely tore Rich apart with that clinch. Ive never seen Rich get picked apart so easily. Props to Anderson Silva. He deserves it. Cant wait to see him defend his title. I seriously doubt anybody will be able to stand with him for quite awhile.

Thanks for the link, Ronnie.

Wow - WTF? I guess Franklin must have really wanted to keep off the mat. And he didn't seem too eager to break the clinch. You know, I hate to say it, but what was he thinking? I wonder if his ribs got cracked or something (along with that nose ) and that's why he kinda froze.

Thanks for the link, Ronnie.

Wow - WTF? I guess Franklin must have really wanted to keep off the mat. And he didn't seem too eager to break the clinch. You know, I hate to say it, but what was he thinking? I wonder if his ribs got cracked or something (along with that nose ) and that's why he kinda froze.

hey he should have done that whole knee on the canvas at the beginning of the match. like he told

serra to do.

seriously, I think that your correct he did not seem to want to take it down to the floor, even when it seemed that silva had his number in the clinch.

I cont see anyone but franklin again, giving silva any trouble in the middleweights.

wasnt franklin the only fighter ranked number one in that sherdog thing.?

Was franklin even teeling that good. he did ont look as confident as unsual . And he looked a little sluggish. oh well even if he was sick he probably wouldnt tell us anyway.