Ultimate Fighting

I still don't rate Sylvia.

(I mean obviously he's good at what he does, I just think that he wouldn't be much in pride)

I think Jeff is overbuilt for mma. His build might do well in pure submission but he got tired too quick.

Hurrah for gsp!.

Cant see the current lack of American belt holders being allowed to persist in UFC for long

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry didn't mean 'might do well' as in 'he should give it a go', but in 'his accomplishments in wrestling competitions aren't translating so well for him in ufc'.

I'm not trying to trash talk him or anything, I'm just saying he might have more success with some changes. Not that I'm assuming I know more or can do better.

i did eventually find the Vera vs. Mir fight, but looks like it has since been yanked.

this one is still up (as of right now). it's Alessio Sakara vs. Andrew Mcfedries. Mcfedries was a last minute replacement and took the fight on short notice. he pulled out the win. lots of solid action and good exchanges in this one. look for the flying mouthpiece.

i think we can all do without ever seeing that Sylvia fight again.

i did eventually find the Vera vs. Mir fight, but looks like it has since been yanked.

this one is still up (as of right now). it's Alessio Sakara vs. Andrew Mcfedries. Mcfedries was a last minute replacement and took the fight on short notice. he pulled out the win. lots of solid action and good exchanges in this one. look for the flying mouthpiece.

i think we can all do without ever seeing that Sylvia fight again.

hey thanks for that link. i thought they had all been yanked.

it's sad to see frank mir like that. i guess he never fully recovered from that motorcycle accident. i saw a different post fight interview with brandon vera. he doesn't seem to excited about a possible title fight with tim sylvia. i hope he's up for it, because it does seem like he is next in line.

if Vera does fight him then i hope he take Sylvia out.

In my opinion that was a weak fight, the Mir VS Vera that is. Mainly because Frank Mir got completely dominated and i dunno i think they called it too soon. Ive seen other fighters get hit like that and it never got called. I guess its mainly who you have refing the fight.

UFC 66 is coming Dec 30th. The matchups look pretty good. One fight i am looking forward to is Chris Leben Vs Jason MacDonald. MacDonalds first fight in the UFC he showed great jiu jitsu skills and completely dominated Ed Herman, Chris Leben's teammate. I really do hope that MacDonald does the same with Chris Leben. Im sure Chris will try and stand and throw bombs but im not sure what Jason's game plan will be to stop this. Anyways i hope MacDonald gets him down and submits his ass.

Another fight that will prob be pretty good is Forest Griffin Vs Keith Jardine. I really dont know much about either of these fighters except the fact that Forest Griffin puts on a good show everytime he steps in the ring. Should be a good fight i hope Forest takes the win. OH! I forgot about Michael Bisping fighting. Michael Bisping Vs Eric Shafer, Im sure Bisping will bring the bombs and im predicting a knockout by Bisping. I really dont know anything about Eric Shafer so i hope he comes ready to fight.

Anyways i guess those are a couple of my predictions.

does anyone know when the matchup between anderson silva and the winner of TUF is going to be happenning?

i don't think anything has been officially announced, but i remember in the post fight interview they said it would be in feb.

ultimate fight night tomorrow on spike tv. any predictions?

i just heard that the UFC has bought out Rampage Jackson's contract. so they will probably try to hype up a rematch between him and Chuck Liddell, since Jackson did beat Liddel when he went to Pride. it would be an interesting fight, but i would still rather see Wanderlai Silva fight Liddell.

quick summary of last night: 2 so-so fights, and 2 pretty good fight. karo parysian vs. drew fickett was a good fights, both on the ground and stand up. went the distance, but wasn't boring at all. karo pulled out the decision, but he actually looked like he had more damage due to an elbow from drew fickett. nasty cut under his eye.

diego sanchez wins by... knockout?! yes, it's true. diego sanchez beat joe riggs by knock out in the less than 2 minutes into the first round. a hook and a follow up knee and riggs was out cold.

clip taken by someone in the crowd. it's the only clip i could find at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9N2h65yASU

Is there anything better than free live UFC on Spike? The Karo-Drew fight was awesome. And I was SHOCKED by the Diego-Riggs result - not that he won, but the way it happened. Diego was hurt too - I was almost expecting a Rocky moment where they both get knocked down and one gets up before the bell. But Diego was too focused on kneeing Riggs into tomorrow. Riggs is an enigma. Diego deserves the BIG fight now.

Mirko "Cro Cop" Chooses UFC

Finally!! Cant wait till he sweeps the floor with Sylvia.

i see we share the same enthusiasm for this potential match up. i posted the same story, only in the Pride thread. yeah, it's awesome news. if Crocop comes to UFC, he is going to clean house in the heavyweight division. hopefully they'll make the announcement at the next PPV.

my previous clip got yanked already, but as soon as they took one down, another one came up. so here is a different clip of "Nightmare" Sanchez vs. "Diesel" Riggs. this one is much better anyway. it's from the show, not shot from someone in the crowd.

Edited by ronnie kray

Mirko is in a class far above any curent UFC heavyweight.

Sylvia would do his boxing; hands high, working the jab, moving around like the tallest, most akward fighter EVER. Then mirko would just light him up with his hands and leg kicks. Sylvia doesnt stand a chance seeing he is pretty much just a boxer (it works for him) and Mriko is such an AWESOME kickboxer with much slicker hands.

***Im calling it now***

Crocop via TKO 1st round. Jab and leg-kick combination followed up with a finish from ground and pound from side control.

You guys can quote me on that

Sylvia would do his boxing; hands high, working the jab, moving around like the tallest, most akward fighter EVER. Then mirko would just light him up with his hands and leg kicks. Sylvia doesnt stand a chance seeing he is pretty much just a boxer (it works for him) and Mriko is such an AWESOME kickboxer with much slicker hands.

***Im calling it now***

Crocop via TKO 1st round. Jab and leg-kick combination followed up with a finish from ground and pound from side control.

although I am not an expert yet on this sport, I have a really strong feeling that you are correct.

I wonder if crocop took it knowing that there really isnt alot of folks you can take him in the ufc.

Now they said that he signed a big contract, one of the biggest I believe reading, and he gets money for each fight right?

It sounds like easy money right now. But I am sure that talent from outside the ufc coming here and inprovements in talent already here, will swell

this is a great time for the ufc.

***Im calling it now***

Sounds about right.

Did anybody else expect Diego Sanchez to take out Riggs like that, that quick? I was stunned. I was really hoping Riggs would hand Diego Sanchez his first loss. They were saying it looks like Sanchez is in Contender status now. Do you think he'll have to fight Matt Hughes next. Or maybe BJ Penn. I dont think they would just give him a title shot before fighting one of those guys.

Once Mirko "Crocop" takes the title i doubt that he will have much competition, well i doubt he'll have much competition anyways. Its time they find some worthy HW fighters. I wonder if more Pride people may make the leap to the UFC. No body is beating Fedor so maybe they'll have more of a chance here.