Ultimate Fighting

Will Franca's plea work on Dana White? could he get a title shot?

I guess he is getting his title shot come July. I dont see him winning it, but we'll see.

against GSP no freaking way.

no against Sean Sherk

oh duh. yea I dont see him winning that either. BJ Penn is going to destroy sherk though.

Do you think BJ Penn is going to stay at 155lb after he fights Jens Pulver (more like tears through, IMO)? I would love it if he did. That way the 155lbs weight class can start getting as stacked talentwise as the 170lbs weight class is.

I think he wants the 155 title and then hes gonna go up in weight and take the 170 title too!!

If anyone can beat GSP its an in shape BJ

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess he is getting his title shot come July. I dont see him winning it, but we'll see.

no against Sean Sherk

oh duh. yea I dont see him winning that either. BJ Penn is going to destroy sherk though.

Do you think BJ Penn is going to stay at 155lb after he fights Jens Pulver (more like tears through, IMO)? I would love it if he did. That way the 155lbs weight class can start getting as stacked talentwise as the 170lbs weight class is.

I think he wants the 155 title and then hes gonna go up in weight and take the 170 title too!!

That would be quite the accomplishment..holding two titles at the same time in the same organization.

no against Sean Sherk

That would be quite the accomplishment..holding two titles at the same time in the same organization.

BJ has fought all over the place. Hes even fought at 205! maybe we will see him hold all the titles!

I hear Sportfight puts on a good show. Ive only gone to FCFF and i had Gen Admission tickets and that sucked. I really want to check out Sportfight in person. Do you train at SBG?

yea SBG beaverton. i love it

So you train with Keiske Andrew and Andy Lukesh then? They are both tough cookies. I fought Andy Lukesh in his first amateur bout. He blew right through me. But then again i had no ground skills. Im glad that he did though because that was the reason i started training BJJ, and i love it! I plan on being back in the cage by the end of the year.

I hear Sportfight puts on a good show. Ive only gone to FCFF and i had Gen Admission tickets and that sucked. I really want to check out Sportfight in person. Do you train at SBG?

yea SBG beaverton. i love it

So you train with Keiske Andrew and Andy Lukesh then? They are both tough cookies. I fought Andy Lukesh in his first amateur bout. He blew right through me. But then again i had no ground skills. Im glad that he did though because that was the reason i started training BJJ, and i love it! I plan on being back in the cage by the end of the year.

As coach tom says, I dont like getting punched in the face.

everyone that trains there is pretty badass. I pretty much get my ass kicked every class. I start to think I really suck, and then I roll with someone from either another school or just some strong wrestler and I realize I dont suck, everyone there is just that good. haha.

Have you thought about competing in Sub Leagues this year?

I need to get my cardio up first. It is sooooo bad right now I can hardly roll for 5 minutes without being exhausted. I through my back out and had to stop training for 2 months! It basically destroyed all my progress I had made for the last year.

Jackson is ready to 'Rampage'

MIGUEL LOPEZ, Staff Writer

Inside SOCAL

Article Last Updated:01/29/2007 10:05:39 PM PST

He says it is the best move the UFC has ever made, he will take the U.S. fans by storm and he will help the sport grow even more than it recently has.

All this can be called an understatement from only oneperson, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, as he says he has been waiting to step into the Octagon since he was first informed he was one of the UFC's newest acquisitions and its best to date.

The Tennessee native, who now fights out of Irvine, will finally get his chance Saturday night at UFC 67 in Las Vegas when he faces Marvin Eastman.

"I did get excited when I heard the news," said Jackson, who last fought and won against Matt Lindland in July 2006. "I have been a UFC fan for a long time, and I know my buddy Tito Ortiz has been making millions of dollars with them, and I want to make millions of dollars with them. ... I have a few things I can do with that money."

His last outing was his first and last fight with the now defunct World Fighting Alliance. In that card, Jackson's bout was the co-main event at the Forum in Inglewood, but the organization didn't sell as many tickets as it predicted and didn't get the pay-per-view sales it expected. After that, the WFA slowly fell apart to the point where the company was bought by UFC's parent company, Zuffa, last December.

With the purchase, Jackson and his remaining two fights - and the thick, metal chain he wears around his neck - made their way to the Octagon and arguably the biggest mixed martial arts stage in the world.

"I had two fights left with WFA when UFC picked it up, so as of now I have two fights here," Jackson said. "I knew things weren't going right with WFA when I was scheduled to fight in October and that fight was pushed back."

Jackson, who is known to most by his moniker "Rampage," now gets a fresh start with the UFC after spending five years in Japan. He has become one of the most feared strikers in the sport by compiling wins over Kevin Randleman, Ricardo Arona, Igor Vovchanchyn and, most impressively, over current UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell en route to a career 25-6 record.

Looking to add win No. 26, Jackson will take on the veteran Eastman (13-6-1) in his UFC debut. Eastman handed Jackson his first career loss in 2000. Along with the chance to avenge his first defeat, Jackson also has the challenge of fighting in a cage. When he fought with FC Pride, the Japanese organization used a ring not a cage.

"Fighting in the Octagon is not going to affect me in anyway," said Jackson, who will fight in the U.S. for only the second time since 2002. "I could fight in a phone booth or in a bathtub; it doesn't matter where you fight. If you are a good fighter it doesn't matter where it happens.

"I do miss fighting in Japan. I like how you went to a different country, and we're in a place where they spoke a different language. I miss having Asian fans come and ask me for my autograph ... it was fun out there. But now that I am here, I want the U.S. fans to know what I am all about."

As for his opponent, Eastman, on Saturday night at Mandalay Bay, Jackson said: "I think he is a worthy opponent and somebody you don't want to underestimate. Anything can happen in the Octagon, but I am sure he has some tricks up his sleeve."

Jackson isn't considering his upcoming match a "tune-up" fight, but fans of the sport look forward to seeing him walk through Eastman and earn a title shot against UFC champion Liddell. The pair first met in 2003, with Jackson getting the win over Liddell via TKO, and to this date, he is the last person to stop the 205-pound champion.

But Jackson doesn't want any specific fighter, he just wants to fight and get a payday.

"I get asked anywhere from 10to 100 times a day, every day about when am I going to fight Chuck, and 10 to 100 times a day I tell them I don't know. It's not up to me, ask Dana White," Jackson said, referring to UFC's president. "I need to start wearing a T-shirt that says, `Ask Dana White when am I going to fight Chuck.' But I love my fans."

tonights fights were awesome, I would literally shit my pants if cro cop was walking like that towards me.

Thats prob why Eddie Sanchez was running away. He knew he couldnt stand with Crocop. Def not suprised by the way that fight ended.

I was happy Patrick Cote got his first win in the UFC. I really dont understand why they were getting booed. I thought it was a good fight. Its not like they were just laying on top of each other.

I kinda feel bad for Marvin Eastman. I figured Rampage was going to win but since Eastman lost i doubt we'll be seeing him in the UFC again.

As for the main event..Honestly i was kinda dissapointed Travis Lutter didnt make weight. It kinda took away the magic of Anderson Silva defending the belt for the first time. But other than that when Anderson Silva up kicked Lutter and he fell right into the triangle choke i was out of my seat with both fists in the air. Then came the elbows and it was all over. So much for Lutter taking Silva down and submitting him. That was a great way to end it. Im glad i oredered this one even though i had to watch it from 10:00 pm-1:00 am, because the cable company screwed something up to where we werent able to watch it at 6:30.

i was so excited last night. for both Rampage and Crocop, i just sat there in awe as they made their entrances, and said to my friends " i can't believe i'm finally seeing this guy in the octagon".

Crocop is an intimidating figure stalking the octagon. and everytime he landed a kick there was a loud pop we could all hear. to his credit, Eddie Sanchez did really well considering the opponent he was up against. and eddie is a tough young guy with big future in front of him. his only loss is against Crocop. i give him a ton of respect for taking this fight. he'll be back. right now, i can't wait to see Crocop against Tim Sylvia.

Rampage was exciting too. glad to have him in the 205 division. i don't understand why there was so much boos last night. i thought it was a great fight. and why all the boos for Scott Smith and Patrick Cote? i thought that fight was awesome. we all kinda chuckled when Cote backed away from what looked like a stunned Smith. we were all thinking the same thing, "he must have seen what happened to Pete Sell".

disappointed that Lutter didn't make weight. but Silva answered all the questions about how good he would be on the ground. to his credit, Lutter took the champion to a place no other UFC fighter has taken him, the second round.

Terry Martin makes up for his knockout, by knocking out Jorge Rivera in just 14 secs. now he has a highlight where he is knocking someone else out, instead of the one where he got knocked out. i actually thought the best fight of the night went to the lightweight Tyson Griffin and Frank Edgar. the pace was very fast thru all three rounds, both on the feet and on the ground. and speaking of lightweights, did anyone see Roger Huerta vs. John Halverson? a little bit of controversy there. did you think that knee landed on the head? not a very good view from where i was sitting.

speaking of lightweights, did anyone see Roger Huerta vs. John Halverson? a little bit of controversy there. did you think that knee landed on the head? not a very good view from where i was sitting.

Honestly i think it did catch him in the head because right after that shot he wasnt moving. If you get kneed in the shoulder you dont just lay there and let the guy dominate you. I really doubt he was playing possom waiting for the ref to stop it. If he did then he shouldnt be in the UFC. It was hard to call from the camera angle we got im just judging by how Halverson acted after he got kneed.

I gotta agree that the best fight of the night was the Tyson Griffin/Frank Edgar bout. The action never waned over all three rounds. Both fighters showed tons of heart. The whole night was pretty good. Awesome to see Rampage in action. And, of course, Cro Cop. I think he's found a home in the UFC for a while. He's a freakin' T-1000! (that's a movie nerd thing - the bad Terminator from T2). It's no wonder he had Eddie Sanchez backing away. Just standing with Cro Cop takes serious guts. UFC 67 was definitely a good set up for some awesome clashes in the near future.

UFC is coming to Texas!

UFC 69: Shootout April 7, 2007 will be held in the Toyota Center in Houston, TX. the main event will be GSP vs. Matt Serra. also feature Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck. also scheduled to fight are Roger "El Matador" Huerta, "Quick" Mike Swick, Pete Spratt, and Kendall Grove.

Huerta, Swick, and Spratt are all from Texas, so there should be a good "home team" advantage for them. i was thinking of going to see this in person, until i saw the ticket prices. the cheapest seats available at the moment are $250. so close... and yet so far.

UFC is coming to Texas!

UFC 69: Shootout April 7, 2007 will be held in the Toyota Center in Houston, TX. the main event will be GSP vs. Matt Serra. also feature Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck. also scheduled to fight are Roger "El Matador" Huerta, "Quick" Mike Swick, Pete Spratt, and Kendall Grove.

Huerta, Swick, and Spratt are all from Texas, so there should be a good "home team" advantage for them. i was thinking of going to see this in person, until i saw the ticket prices. the cheapest seats available at the moment are $250. so close... and yet so far.

$250 ??? holy crap. No wonder they always have stars at ringside, those are the only people who could afford those prices.

$250 ??? holy crap. No wonder they always have stars at ringside, those are the only people who could afford those prices.

yeah tell me about it. and those aren't even ringside tickets. $250 gets you in the lower bowl area of the arena. $450 gets you a floor ticket, and ringside... who knows?