Ultimate Fighting

WOW....

this is probably the biggest upset yet. i mean, who would of thought it would end up like that. the most unlikely of outcomes, using Crocop's own weapon against him. Crocop was knocked out cold. i just couldn't believe it.

so it will be Gonzaga against Couture in what should be a good fight. Couture actually said he would have rather fought Crocop, because Gonzaga is very good on the ground. we'll see how this turns out. and we'll see how Crocop rebounds from this.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shock: WOW....

this is probably the biggest upset yet. i mean, who would of thought it would end up like that. the most unlikely of outcomes, using Crocop's own weapon against him. Crocop was knocked out cold. i just couldn't believe it.

so it will be Gonzaga against Couture in what should be a good fight. Couture actually said he would have rather fought Crocop, because Gonzaga is very good on the ground. we'll see how this turns out. and we'll see how Crocop rebounds from this.

I feel that crocop is going to literally kick the crap out of the next person he fights. He got only one good kick off, he has to be pissed at that. true the kick left a big welt, but only one kick.

I loved the part when serra called hughes a "dick" that was soo funny.

serra is a very funny person, I am going to love to watch TUF6

I think that gonzaga and couture is going to be a great fight also.

I like that arloski (?) apologized to the crowd.

I cant believe that crocop didnt get an injury, the way his leg and ankle were bent. I guess that is something to say about flexibilty and being completely relaxed by unconsciousness.

When I had heard who crocop was fighting i think my exact words were "man why dont the give him someone good and stop feeding him these crap fighters." I take that back now. Gonzaga looked awesome throughout the whole fight. I was really impressed. IMO he has what it takes to be champ. We'll see how he does against Randy.

The Bisping/Sinosic was a really good fight also. Bisping did really well. I was scared for a minute there when Elvis hit him with that knee, locked on that kimura, then took his back. But Bisping pulled it out and weathered the storm which really impressed me. I cant wait to see him fight some more.

I thought the Arlovski/Werdum fight was good in the first round but the second and third slowed way down and made it a little boring. Arlovski could have ended that fight but I dont think he wanted to chance being on the ground with Werdum. Considering hes a BJJ phenom. What was with those open hand slaps Werdum was using?? Weird game plan if you ask me.

• 2 weeks later...

THE UFC 70: LIDDELL VS. JACKSON WEBSITE IS UP!

i keep thinking Rampage would be so big if he had more exposure. his charisma and personality are a UFC marketing dream.

also, some tentative fights have been announced for UFC 72 on july 7, 2007.

Anderson Silva vs. Nate Marquadt

Sean Sherk vs. Hermes Franca

Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans

Antonio Nogueira vs. Heath Herring

THE UFC 70: LIDDELL VS. JACKSON WEBSITE IS UP!

i keep thinking Rampage would be so big if he had more exposure. his charisma and personality are a UFC marketing dream.

also, some tentative fights have been announced for UFC 72 on july 7, 2007.

Anderson Silva vs. Nate Marquadt

Sean Sherk vs. Hermes Franca

Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans

Antonio Nogueira vs. Heath Herring

I like those matchups but shouldnt they keep anderson silva's defense for another pay per view? I mean they already have a title defense in the liddell vs. jackson match.

• 2 weeks later...

so guess what... i was planning to see UFC 70 live, but it turns out it is the same night as the Morrissey concert. so i am gonna have to wait to see the results posted online. but regardless of the outcome, i still want to see the main event. i know there are usually clips floating around the net the next day, on youtube and other places. but i know they dont last long. so i'll ask a favor. if anyone finds a clip of the Iceman Liddell vs Rampage Jackson fight, i would appreciate it if you posted a link here. this is one of those fights you have to see. thanks!

so guess what... i was planning to see UFC 70 live, but it turns out it is the same night as the Morrissey concert. so i am gonna have to wait to see the results posted online. but regardless of the outcome, i still want to see the main event. i know there are usually clips floating around the net the next day, on youtube and other places. but i know they dont last long. so i'll ask a favor. if anyone finds a clip of the Iceman Liddell vs Rampage Jackson fight, i would appreciate it if you posted a link here. this is one of those fights you have to see. thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXPvvUEhu-s

i got a chance to see that clip before it was yanked. thanks for posting the link.

man, that was over much shorter than i expected. it must be heartbreaking for chuck. i mean he's been waiting all this time to avenge his loss, and then he loses to Rampage again. for those who have not seen it, i found one place that is still hosting the video of the fight. now that he lost to rampage for the 2nd time, can he really get a 3rd shot at him? i was very excited to see Dan Henderson there saying he would fight whoever wins the fight. so looks like rampage's first fight as the new UFC light heavyweight champ, will be against the Pride light heavyweight champ. i am hyped to see that happen.

the other great fight of the night for me was keith jardine vs. houston alexander. before this, everyone was like "who is houston alexander?" but he definitely made a statement that night with a quick knockout of jardine. he's gonna have a buzz around him like crazy.

i got a chance to see that clip before it was yanked. thanks for posting the link.

man, that was over much shorter than i expected. it must be heartbreaking for chuck. i mean he's been waiting all this time to avenge his loss, and then he loses to Rampage again. for those who have not seen it, i found one place that is still hosting the video of the fight. now that he lost to rampage for the 2nd time, can he really get a 3rd shot at him? i was very excited to see Dan Henderson there saying he would fight whoever wins the fight. so looks like rampage's first fight as the new UFC light heavyweight champ, will be against the Pride light heavyweight champ. i am hyped to see that happen.

the other great fight of the night for me was keith jardine vs. houston alexander. before this, everyone was like "who is houston alexander?" but he definitely made a statement that night with a quick knockout of jardine. he's gonna have a buzz around him like crazy.

I tead about jardines knockout, but had not seen it. thanks for the link.

That guy (alexander) has quite a heavy hand, with that small a windup.

He seemed to rock jardine on the first shot.

Now wasnt henderson the welterweight champ of pride? Did he also become the middleweight champ of pride.?

I think that chuck will get another shot, but he will have to go through other fighters ofcourse. Looks like they are flooding the ranks with pride fighters. There are a lot of fighters that chuck has not fought from pride. It should be interesting.

Also I am concerned about randy, the ranks of the ufc heavyweights was good but small in number. Now it could get a lot more crowded, quickly. I cant wait for his fight with the guy who dropped crocop.

Lot of upsets and titles changing hands lately. The Jardine/Houston Alexander fight was definitely a surprise. Alexander was pretty cocky about it after, but I guess he was real excited about winning his UFC debut. Who wouldn't be - esp against a guy like Jardine. I also really enjoyed the Karo Parisiyan/Josh Burkman fight. I have new respect for Parisiyan - he fought a smart fight. I got to cheer on a hometown (close enough) dude in Kalib Starnes. I'm glad he beat Leben (can't stand that guy!) but he couldn't finish him when he had the chance and he didn't take any real credit for winning! Typical Canadian! The main event was disappointing to me. I like both fighters, so I didn't really care who won, but I did want to see it go a bit longer than it did. I figured it would end with one or the other getting caught out. Damn it was quick. One thing's for sure - there's gonna be a lot of good fights coming up in the UFC.

Anyone else excited aboout the Yushin Okami/Rich Franklin bout at UFC 72? I'm pulling for Okami for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

notes about last night's fight. first off, no one told me roger huerta was fighting! glad to see him back in action. he's a good fighter, i just hope being on the cover of Sports Illustrated doesn't go to his head. he needs to stay focused and not get too hollywood.

there was some controversy over the outcome of gray maynard vs. rob emerson. i haven't seen anything like that since hughes vs. newton 1. i'm not sure how i feel about the no contest ruling. should gray get the win because he rob tapped, even if he could not continue himself.

nate diaz vs. manny gamburyan, what a tough break for gamburyan, had to stop due to a dislocated shoulder. what really sux is he won the first round. and i know diaz would have rather won another way rather than by injury. anyone notice during nate's speech he said that he wanted his brother Nick Diaz to corner him, but the UFC would not let him in the building. i don't understand why, is it because he went to fight in pride? i have seen pride fighter corner UFC fighters before. i believe josh barnett was in jeff monson's corner during his fight with tim sylvia. if anything i think they should be asking Nick to come back, after he submitted Takanori Gomi. go figure that one out.

bj penn vs. jens pulver. wow, what an intense bj penn we saw. it's almost as if bj penn was toying with jens pulver. he let go of that perfect armbar for no reason other than to go into a triangle. and it looked to me like he let go of the triangle too, just to let the fight go on a little longer. i'm glad they embraced and made their peace. i love to see some respect shown between two warriors like that. great fight all around. if you didn't get a chance to see it, watch it here now.

next up,

http://73.ufc.com/

great link , thanks ron. my vcr cut out just after the diaz fight.

I heard diaz say that about his brother nick also;

Jenns said in a post fight interview that BJ invited him to train with him in Hawaii. So that jenns could get a ground game going. I saw the post fight interview UFC.com

tough call on gray maynard.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see UFC 73 last night? Suz and I went out to watch at a pub with a quadriplegic friend who's a big fan. I won't post my thoughts yet - don't want to inadvertently spoil it for anyone! It was stacked tho - stacked with rounds!

nate diaz vs. manny gamburyan, what a tough break for gamburyan, had to stop due to a dislocated shoulder. what really sux is he won the first round. and i know diaz would have rather won another way rather than by injury. anyone notice during nate's speech he said that he wanted his brother Nick Diaz to corner him, but the UFC would not let him in the building. i don't understand why, is it because he went to fight in pride? i have seen pride fighter corner UFC fighters before. i believe josh barnett was in jeff monson's corner during his fight with tim sylvia. if anything i think they should be asking Nick to come back, after he submitted Takanori Gomi. go figure that one out.

actually you are on to something there. But just to add, I read that nick wanted to kick karo's ass. I believe that karo either sat at ringside, or counered manny. So with karo being part of the UFC and nick not, they had nick sit outside.

I finally saw the diaz and Gomi fight , very nice.

you know frank trigg and the other bald guy on FSN pride show are 100 times better then any other combo I have seen. UFC was smart to keep them on for the pride show.

Also why oh why would they let a "Fedor is the baddest guy on the planet" special run on FSN as one of the Trigg/bald guy shows. Is Fedor going back to Pride?

Actually I just read this, very interesting reading.

http://fedor.bel.ru/index_eng.shtml?id=150

• 2 weeks later...

did you guys hear that both Sean Sherk and Hermes Franca tested positive for steroids. they are talking about suspending Sherk for a year. if that happens, then his title will be up for grabs. rumor has it that BJ Penn was supposed to fight Sean Sherk for the title, but instead will have to fight someone else. however, Sean Sherk is appealing the ruling, insisting that he has never ever taken any banned substance. wonder how this will turn out.

the official announcement has been made. SHOGUN RUA will be at UFC 76 fighting Forrest Griffin!

who is Shogun? this is Shogun!

and finally, http://74.ufc.com/ is now live!

did you guys hear that both Sean Sherk and Hermes Franca tested positive for steroids. they are talking about suspending Sherk for a year. if that happens, then his title will be up for grabs. rumor has it that BJ Penn was supposed to fight Sean Sherk for the title, but instead will have to fight someone else. however, Sean Sherk is appealing the ruling, insisting that he has never ever taken any banned substance. wonder how this will turn out.

the official announcement has been made. SHOGUN RUA will be at UFC 76 fighting Forrest Griffin!

Are they the first ones to test postiive in the UFC? I havent heard of any fails in recent history.

Sherk sort of looked like a guy on steroids. Hermes franca, and I only saw him once, did not look much like a guy on steroids.

I hadn't heard about the steroid thing either. I have heard that steroid use isn't all that uncommon in the UFC - do they test randomly? A suspension would definitely shake up the 155s!

And look out, Forrest! Shogun has a pretty convincing TKO over Rampage... altho I don't know the background of the fight. It looked to me like Rampage was just overwhelmed by the pace of the fight. Seems to be Rua's style - relentless.

• 3 weeks later...

hell yeah, i will definitely be checking these fights out this saturday night.

it's hard for me to pick who i want to win in the main event. i like both Coutre and Gonzaga. they are both class acts. i am just looking for a good fight on that one. i guess if i had to, i'd say i'm pulling for Randy Coutre to take the win. but if Gabriel Gonzaga won, i wouldn't be mad at him.

now GSP vs Josh Koscheck on the other hand, that's another story. the way Koscheck acted after he beat Diego Sanchez left a bad impression on me. Koscheck cruises to a decision win, but acted like he just knocked out Fedor. he was practically popping champagne bottles and doing cartwheels in the octagon. and in his post fight interview, he sounded like he was auditioning for a WWE heel spot. "Diego is 19 and 1 baby!" so i am hoping that GSP will knock him out or submit him, show him a little humility.

i am also looking forward to seeing if Roger Huerta can keep his winning streak going. lots of good action going on this sat. nite.

hell yeah, i will definitely be checking these fights out this saturday night.

it's hard for me to pick who i want to win in the main event. i like both Coutre and Gonzaga. they are both class acts. i am just looking for a good fight on that one. i guess if i had to, i'd say i'm pulling for Randy Coutre to take the win. but if Gabriel Gonzaga won, i wouldn't be mad at him.

now GSP vs Josh Koscheck on the other hand, that's another story. the way Koscheck acted after he beat Diego Sanchez left a bad impression on me. Koscheck cruises to a decision win, but acted like he just knocked out Fedor. he was practically popping champagne bottles and doing cartwheels in the octagon. and in his post fight interview, he sounded like he was auditioning for a WWE heel spot. "Diego is 19 and 1 baby!" so i am hoping that GSP will knock him out or submit him, show him a little humility.

i am also looking forward to seeing if Roger Huerta can keep his winning streak going. lots of good action going on this sat. nite.

Well GSP def made Koscheck his woman. He outwrestled him by far. IMO GSP won all three rounds though the first round was very close. Kos had just about nothing in return for GSP. Maybe he'll work on his ground game a bit eh?

I dunno if since Gonzaga broke his nose is the reason Randy kick his ass so mercilisly but Gonzaga looked like a complete amateur compared to the "Natural."

Im very happy with the outcome of this UFC. Did anybody else expect Cote to knock out Grove? I sure didnt!

For anybody that missed it

http://www.mmalinker.com/

Just click on the fighter that you want to see and theres a list of his fights. Granted some of them dont work but if your timing is right youll find the fight youre looking for.