Ultimate Fighting

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the time has come! tomorrow is the fight. i will be watching with some friends and we will all be rooting for Randy! WAR COUTRE!

i'll also excited to see the Rich Franklin vs. Jason Mcdonald fight. when you think about it, every UFC fight they put Mcdonald in, they put him because they wanted him to lose. they expected him to lose against Chris Leben, they put him against Ed Herman to lose and pump up Ed's career, and now they want him to lose to Rich Franklin so that Rich can begin his comeback. but everytime Jason Macdonald has defied the odds and won. i like Rich, but i am actually rooting for Jason on this one. i just like to see the underdog come out on top i guess.

the time has come! tomorrow is the fight. i will be watching with some friends and we will all be rooting for Randy! WAR COUTRE!

i'll also excited to see the Rich Franklin vs. Jason Mcdonald fight. when you think about it, every UFC fight they put Mcdonald in, they put him because they wanted him to lose. they expected him to lose against Chris Leben, they put him against Ed Herman to lose and pump up Ed's career, and now they want him to lose to Rich Franklin so that Rich can begin his comeback. but everytime Jason Macdonald has defied the odds and won. i like Rich, but i am actually rooting for Jason on this one. i just like to see the underdog come out on top i guess.

I agree, it is very involving when an underdog wins.

although I would very much like to see franklin fight Silva soon, I would love to see macdonald screw up the company by winning again.

two things as an asside.

1. I swear to god, if spike advertises another Ultimate Fight Night Live, that has been prerecorded, I will lose it. Just call it Ultimate fight night. Quit lying. also my tv sucks, I need a new one, I just only recently realized that the guys tooth comes out when diego knees him on the commercial for the fake Ultimate Fight night lives.

2 has anyone heard anything on the exchange between rashad and Dana at the after show. you know the one where dana says that rashad will fight the bald guy (I cant remember his name) and rashad said he would not.

**spoiler warning**

4 words.

Randy "the Natural" Couture.

What a fight. He just totally dominated. It was the best Tim Sylvia fight I've seen. I guess Cro Cop's next in line.

A couple of other good fights too, but they were all kind of over shadowed by Randy. I did enjoy seeing Babalu get ko'd. Big win for Lytle. Kampmann was impressive too, iron jaw on that guy.

I'm just stoked about Randy - I lost my fight today on a decision, so I was a bit down. I'm picked up a bit now.

as joe rogan would put it,

"THAT MAN IS MY HERO!"

http://www.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/41/41332.jpg

awesome performance by Randy. saw this fight at a sports bar. the whole place was supporting Randy. and right off the bat in the first few secs of the fight when Randy knocked down Tim Sylvia with that huge right hand, the place exploded! as the fight went on, the crowd just got more excited seeing Randy dominate Tim. it was great night and everybody left in a good mood.

the other great fight of the night was Martin Kampmann vs. Drew Mcfreddies. the undercard fights always seem to good. lots of action, they were really mixing it up in there. what a comeback from Kampmann after being knocked down. that was a sick submission that put Mcfreddies to sleep almost immediatley.

wow this makes Randy the 3-time heavyweight champ and 2-time light heavyweight champ. the guy is a legend.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard this happened yesterday. Anyone know if there has been confirmation, a press release, an announcement, etc.?

I think I'll be watching more of this in the future since I'm hanging out with xdarthveganx more these days.

Could the UFC actually be buying PRIDE? Well according to this article they are.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2814235

We'll see I guess. If this happens i want to see Chuck Liddel and Wanderlei Silva fight. THAT is what i wanna see.

yes but now I am seeing fedor on Bodog fights, if he has left pride that really would lessen the sweetness.

I read or at least I think I read some where that he is in business with the bodog founder. Can anyone confirm this? I can not find the article now. I hope that it is not true.

wait this is it, I miss read it, but the same effect, no fedor in pride or UFC

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=6250

yeah i heard this big news yesterday. hopefully now we can see some of those dream fights we've been hoping for. however, you make a good point. without fedor, it is not going to be as sweet a deal.

but at least now, chuck liddell has some real competition. wanderlei silva, dan henderson, or shogun rua would be excellent.

well it's official....

Chuck Liddell vs. Rampage Jackson II

it will happen in may at UFC 71 in May. this is the big rematch. honestly, i think Rampage could use at least one more fight to tune up before facing Chuck. but i guess with the purchase of Pride, they have alot of new competion for Chuck. assuming Chuck beats Rampage, we may see him against Shogun Rua, Dan Henderson, or Wanderlei Silva.

• 2 weeks later...

WTF?! SPOILER ALERT!

MATT SERRA BEATS GSP!? holy shit! i just got back from watching this. we were all shocked at the way this fight ended. i wasn't even looking forward to this fight, because i thought it was one sided in favor of GSP. i think everyone did. but this was an amazing upset. i couldn't believe it. but it's true. Matt Serra is the new welterweight champion! somebody find some video clips!

after seeing huerta vs. garcia, sanchez vs. koscheck was rather boring to me. i should be more shocked at the upset, but i'm not. yeah koscheck won, but it wasn't the most decisive victory imo. i thought these two were gonna go to war. but neither one really wanted to commit or exchange. it only went to the ground once. i don't understand. neither one did any real damage, koscheck only won by points because he landed more jabs. very anti climatic for me. especially after seeing huerta and garcia show us how to leave it all in the octagon. thats what i was expecting from sanchez/koscheck.

and how about roger huerta vs. leonardo garcia. now that was a fight. these guys are fucking warriors! those guys went at it non stop. this is why i am excited about the lightweight division. this was probably my favorite fight of the night. both fighters showed tremendous heart, athleticism, and respect for each other. and they went to absolute war for 3 rounds, kept my eyes glued to the screen the whole time. best performance of the night in my opinion. huerta was declared the winner, but i am sure we will see garcia back in action. and i am excited to see both fight again. garcia didn't win, but nobody can really call him a loser.

the happiest moment of the night was watching Minotauro walk into the octagon! awesome news! :D

Thanks RK.

I've watched it 3 times and I can't tell if GSP slipped or not at the beginning of the barrage. It kind of looks like the first punch to the back of the head might have scrambled him a bit, but when he stepped back near the edge of the cage it looked like he slipped. Didn't matter - Serra's next overhand right pretty much sealed it.

Huerta-Garcia was awesome. I shudder a little bit for Garcia - fights like that aren't good for the noggin'.

Haynes was in much better shape, but Cummo is out of his league. Rogan needed a muzzle during that fight.

Yeah, it looks like he was slipping a lot, all over the place. But like they said, those heavy hands could have brushed the back of his head hard enough to shake him up a bit.

His legs were gone after that.

Rewatching that fight depresses me so much. After it happened I was completely stunned. I couldnt believe it.

On a side note I dislike Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg more and more each time i have to listen to them. Before Matt Serra won the title Joe Rogan was saying theres no way Matt Serra will win this fight. He had absolutely no doubt in his mind GSP was gonna win it. Then when it was all over and done with, when they do theyre little recap speech, Joe Rogan says I think Matt Serra will hold the title for a long time. What a dumbass.

Rewatching that fight depresses me so much. After it happened I was completely stunned. I couldnt believe it.

On a side note I dislike Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg more and more each time i have to listen to them. Before Matt Serra won the title Joe Rogan was saying theres no way Matt Serra will win this fight. He had absolutely no doubt in his mind GSP was gonna win it. Then when it was all over and done with, when they do theyre little recap speech, Joe Rogan says I think Matt Serra will hold the title for a long time. What a dumbass.

Not only that , but did you notice that Rogan moves to the side to get Serra's hand off his shoulder? I think that Rogan thinks that his stint on "news radio" gave him star status. He is an "E" level actor at best. I sometines feel that he thinks he has played a role in getting UFC so main stream, because he may think that his face is so recognizable. He must accept the fact that he is riding on the coat tails of the UFC.

I dont think that Randy would have removed Serras hand off his shoulder. Ofcourse Randy is 6'2" so I dont know how far Serra could get around Randys shoulder.

Matt Hughes looked real happy that Serra won. Perhaps he thinks that he has a better chance against Serra then GSP. It would be funny if Hughts beat Serra (alright that part isnt so funny ) just to have GSP dispatch Hughes again.

Speaking of GSP, as someone here previously said, nothing but class.

Now as much as I like Serra, loved him on TUF, I think that GSP had a really bad day. So I dont think that Serra will reign all that Long . I would love to see a match between Serra and Diego. That would be a great submission match.