Ultimate Fighting

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still am a fan of Kimbo, even though I still believe he should of lost that fight. I like how he is working his way up, learning to sport, and taking his time with things. I think he will become a dangerous fighter.

But he did flail and huff and puff a bit after getting elbowed in the head for a minute lol.

I think that Kimbo is already a dangerous fighter . . . on his feet. I do respect him for turning his life around and obviously Bas thinks he has potential. I just question the choice of Kimbo as the main event for network's first venture into prime time MMA . . . I don't think that he represents MMA well right now. And hopefully he will really work on his ground game!

I think bj has the potential to beat gsp BUT I don't see it very likely considering bj's cardio is garbage at 170. And when this fight happens it'll be a championship bout which means 5 rounds. Bj cannot last 5 rounds at 170, I would bet everything I have on it. And IMO the uppercut that broke gsp's nose last time played a big part in bj doing so well the first two rounds in their first fight. Gsp took him down at will and he'll do it again in this fight

FC 85 – Official Weigh-In Results Main EventThiago Alves (174) VS *Matt Hughes* (170)*Jason Day* (184) VS Michael Bisping (184)Mike Swick (170) VS *Marcus Davis* (170) Thales Leites (185) VS *Nate Marquardt* (185)Fabricio Werdum (247) VS *Brandon Vera* (228)*Martin Kampmann* (186) VS Jorge Rivera (185)Thiago Tavares (154.5) VS Matt Wiman (155)Roan Carneiro (171) VS Kevin Burns (170)Luiz Cane (204) VS Jason Lambert (205)Jess Liaudin (169) VS Paul Taylor (169)Eddie Sanchez (244) VS Antoni Hardonk (247)

I put asterisks next to the fighters I want to win.

Alright what is up with people not making weight anymore. Its seriously doesn't make me happy that people would be so far over. For being an "up and comer" you shouldnt be 4 lbs over!

FC 85 – Official Weigh-In Results Main EventThiago Alves (174) VS *Matt Hughes* (170)*Jason Day* (184) VS Michael Bisping (184)Mike Swick (170) VS *Marcus Davis* (170) Thales Leites (185) VS *Nate Marquardt* (185)Fabricio Werdum (247) VS *Brandon Vera* (228)*Martin Kampmann* (186) VS Jorge Rivera (185)Thiago Tavares (154.5) VS Matt Wiman (155)Roan Carneiro (171) VS Kevin Burns (170)Luiz Cane (204) VS Jason Lambert (205)Jess Liaudin (169) VS Paul Taylor (169)Eddie Sanchez (244) VS Antoni Hardonk (247)

I put asterisks next to the fighters I want to win.

Alright what is up with people not making weight anymore. Its seriously doesn't make me happy that people would be so far over. For being an "up and comer" you shouldnt be 4 lbs over!

My thoughts exactly! That's crap that someone as young as Alves can't make weight. It was also BS that Gina Carano fought Kaitlin Young 4.5 lbs overweight. Nobody seemed to care about that! So unprofessional. It also seems like Werdum is heavier than previous fights but I can't remember his last couple of weigh-ins. He said in the UFC 85 countdown that he was lazy, so, his conditioning could be a factor... not sure. I'm gonna check Sherdog right now.

Oh yeah, and I agree with your 'wants to win' except for Hughes - I can't stand him, never could. I'm not a huge Alves fan or anything. I hope DoomsDay obliterates Bisping!

Oh yeah, and I agree with your 'wants to win' except for Hughes - I can't stand him, never could. I'm not a huge Alves fan or anything. I hope DoomsDay obliterates Bisping!

I actually did want alves to win until I found out he was 4 lbs over. If you're the main event you should prob have the motivation the get down to your weight. I found out he was suspended for using a diuretic (sp?) not too long ago. If you can't make the weight move up a weight class.

Someting interesting I found on mmajunkie.com about Matt Hughs

One intriguing subplot to the former champ's future fight plans was confirmation that his brother, Mark, who posted a 6-2 pro record from April 1999 to August 2003, is poised to ink an exclusive deal with the UFC."I do know that Mark is going to sign a contract with the UFC," Hughes said. "He won't compete for anybody else. ... There's no fight scheduled. He is going to sign a contract with the UFC to fight for them and nobody else."Hughes, an Illinois native, said that he had tried to arrange a fight card that would include both him and his brother but that the former UFC ownership group wasn't really interested. He hopes the UFC's current owners will go for it -- and perhaps host the event in a Midwest city such as St. Louis or Chicago

Someting interesting I found on mmajunkie.com about Matt Hughs

One intriguing subplot to the former champ's future fight plans was confirmation that his brother, Mark, who posted a 6-2 pro record from April 1999 to August 2003, is poised to ink an exclusive deal with the UFC."I do know that Mark is going to sign a contract with the UFC," Hughes said. "He won't compete for anybody else. ... There's no fight scheduled. He is going to sign a contract with the UFC to fight for them and nobody else."Hughes, an Illinois native, said that he had tried to arrange a fight card that would include both him and his brother but that the former UFC ownership group wasn't really interested. He hopes the UFC's current owners will go for it -- and perhaps host the event in a Midwest city such as St. Louis or Chicago

wasnt he the one who said he only had three fights left in him durng the ultimate fighter? Hasnt he used up two of them already? Isnt his brother the one who watches the farm while matt was away fighting. With both of them on the same fight card, wont they be leaving the farm empty of leadership? And finally isnt his brother as old as him (being a twin and all), isnt that a crazy time to get into the game with the class of talent that they have in the UFC? I wonder if they will fight the same.

i think the Hughes twins have been switching places between fights. one fight Matt, next fight Mark. that way they stay healthier and winning for so long. that's how he (they) became the most dominant middleweight ever. they've been doing it for years! you know what, it was actually Mark Hughes against GSP! haha, nah, j/k! what a conspiracy theory!

today's fights are not as huge as the last PPV, but i'll still check it out. if i had to pay full price for it, i would probably skip it. but i'm sure i could find a sports bar where i could watch it for free, or $5 tops cover charge. it's definitely worth $5.

i think the Hughes twins have been switching places between fights. one fight Matt, next fight Mark. that way they stay healthier and winning for so long. that's how he (they) became the most dominant middleweight ever. they've been doing it for years! you know what, it was actually Mark Hughes against GSP! haha, nah, j/k! what a conspiracy theory!

today's fights are not as huge as the last PPV, but i'll still check it out. if i had to pay full price for it, i would probably skip it. but i'm sure i could find a sports bar where i could watch it for free, or $5 tops cover charge. it's definitely worth $5.

That is funny, good call on the switcho chango.

I just saw the UFC countdown special for the fights tonight. Boy were those boring stories as told by the Hughes twins. Good thing they can fight or atleast Matt can or maybe it is Mark.

I will be waiting for the internet results, as I am the only one who watches it around here, and I am opposed to drinking sooooo I will probably not be showing up at a bar.

I am hearinbg something about a announcement from dana coming up on thursday that he clains will effect the UFC for the next five years. Lots of talking about it on the boards. I wonder what it could be.

rumor has it that Zuffa might be selling to Fox.

also, ouch:

http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/gonzobomb_3963.gif

I am hearinbg something about a announcement from dana coming up on thursday that he clains will effect the UFC for the next five years. Lots of talking about it on the boards. I wonder what it could be.

rumor has it that Zuffa might be selling to Fox.

also, ouch:

http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/gonzobomb_3963.gif

I thought about something similar to that but I think that would effect the UFC for more then 5 years. It would be a good move to be with a national national carrier. I am worried that Elitexc being the only thing that some folks know about MMA could hurt the industry, having a cuperior product out there like UFC on Fox could make the difference.