Ultimate Fighting

I thought that noguera was the interim till randy came back.

Well in either case I dont think this is over until their is a fight between the winner of Mir, noguera anyway.

Does anyone feel like either of these two can sufficiently outpoint or flat out beat Lesnar? I dont know.

Mir has already beat Lesnar, but that was his first professional fight and he's gotten much better since then.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right yeah I was forgoing the previous fight. I was talking about the current Lesnar. You are right though Mir did beat him.

I wonder what Randy will do now. Will he fight the loser of Mir, noguera? That would be an interesting fight. Those are probably the four heavyweights that I have any real interest in.

Mir because he has a great ground game and I hate him

Nog because he has a great ground game and I like him

Randy because he is fighting against time and I like him

Lesnar because he is Drago and I hate him. I should add that he is not entertaining at all. His opponents really make him entertaining to me.

As you can see I like to keep things simple.

lesnar doesn't have it easy with either fighter. Frank Mir beat lesnar already. this was less than a year ago, so i don't think brock has gotten that much better in the 8 months since he lost to Mir. he hasn't had to deal with much submission attempts in his 2 fights since. and Nogueira is one of the top ground guys in the world, a submission magician. Nog has also faced competition the size (even bigger) than lesnar. check the fight he had against 6' 4" 350 lb Bob Sapp or 6' 11' 280 lb Semmy Schilt. so hopefully lesnar will lose and have to go back to working his way up the ladder, like every other fighter has to do it.

sorry to make it so obvious i don't like lesnar. i just can't stand the special treatment he has received. and i hate the fact that his celerity status gave him a title shot other more deserving fighters have been bleeding to try to get to for years.

Edited by ronnie kray

just as i suspected, after Randy's loss, it's slowly being acknowledged that the dream fight between him and Fedor Emilianenko may never happen. it's a shame that these two legends who wanted to fight each other so badly will never meet. it's the fight that Randy wanted, it's the fight that Fedor wanted, and it's the fight the fans wanted. but all that was brushed aside so brock lesnar can have his moment in the spotlight, and bring in big $$$ in pay per view buys.

Emelianenko has certainly resigned himself to the fact that a fight with Couture may never happen...

“Nothing is ever certain,” Emelianenko said. “This is something that the managers and the organizers need to resolve. But I understand that in all likelihood if Randy stays with the UFC, that the chances of us fighting are much less, and hopefully our fans will be able to overcome that...”

Source: MMA Weekly

just as i suspected, after Randy's loss, it's slowly being acknowledged that the dream fight between him and Fedor Emilianenko may never happen. it's a shame that these two legends who wanted to fight each other so badly will never meet. it's the fight that Randy wanted, it's the fight that Fedor wanted, and it's the fight the fans wanted. but all that was brushed aside so brock lesnar can have his moment in the spotlight, and bring in big $$$ in pay per view buys.

Emelianenko has certainly resigned himself to the fact that a fight with Couture may never happen...

“Nothing is ever certain,” Emelianenko said. “This is something that the managers and the organizers need to resolve. But I understand that in all likelihood if Randy stays with the UFC, that the chances of us fighting are much less, and hopefully our fans will be able to overcome that...”

Source: MMA Weekly

Fedor not working out a deal with UFC doesn't really have much to do with Lesnar. I think he's got something against working for the UFC. I doubt Affliction is paying him more than Zuffa would, and after the lawsuits and all that, it doesn't look like Couture is going anyway for the time being.

your right about one thing. lesnar is not the one to blame for Fedor not being signed. it's more to do with Dana White. the contract stipulations they offered Fedor were ridiculous. exclusive lifetime rights to name, image, likeness, marketing, etc.

"the UFC presented the nearly unblemished Pride heavyweight champion with a stringent, binding contract –- one that pledged his exclusivity to their organization and even prevented him from competing in sambo, which Emelianenko is a national spokesman for in his homeland.“Many of the terms were oppressive and there really wasn’t any negotiation... It was a ‘take it or leave it.’ "

"Fedor is the face of Combat Sambo in Russia. His popularity is at a level where he is acquainted with President Putin himself. Fedor would like to represent Russia in Combat Sambo at the world championships, as he has done for several times before. "

Fedor also didn't seem to like Dana White referring to his managers as "crazy Russians" when they attempt any kind of negotiations. i'm sure Fedor is getting paid less at Affliction, but that just shows it's not all about the money for him. there are just as many top 10 heavyweights outside the UFC he could fight. he just really wanted a fight with Randy Couture. that's what brought him to the negotiating table in the first place. "we'll prefer to fight for less money but with an organization which is more flexible".

Couture still has 1 fight left on his contract with UFC. and we've already seen what happens when he tried to negotiate with Dana White, so Randy isn't going anywhere.

interesting to hear that UFC just cut John Fitch from his contract for refusing to sign a lifetime exclusive contract for his likeness to be used in a video game. and Fitch was actually willing to negotiate a 5 or 10 year contract, but UFC said no, must be lifetime. in addition to that, Dana said he would not even do business with American Kickboxing Academy any longer, based on Fitch's refusal to sign the contract. AKA is home to other UFC fighters like Josh Koscheck and Cain Velasquez. John Fitch said "it’s pretty incredible that they’d go to those lengths for something like this, over a video game.”

and White's response:“I’m just so [expletive] sick of this [expletive] it’s not even funny... Affliction is still out there trying to build its company. Let [Fitch] go work with them. Let him see what he thinks of those [expletives]. [Expletive] him. These guys aren’t partners with us. [Expletive] them. All of them, every last [expletive] one of them.

there's not much negotiating with this guy. he seems to be running UFC like a dictator.

P.S. sorry i leave such long comments every time i post.

*UPDATE*

John Fitch back in the UFC

24 hours after he was cut from the contract by Dana White, Lorenzo Fertitta managed to come to an agreement with all AKA fighters to keep them in the UFC. seems the main problem was "Fitch did not appreciate what he viewed as White’s “strong-arm tactics.” after seeing Dana's profanity filled interview with yahoo, it looks like the Fertittas went into damage control. everyone was blowing up msg boards talking about how crazy White was acting and how ridiculous it was to let Fitch and all of AKA go. thru it all, AKA remained professional while Dana reacted like a jerk. as one blogger put it, "he was a cross between a cut throat business man and a immature whiny hissy fit". so to put it mildly, Dana does not have the best public image right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
come on Rashad

come on Rampage

come on Nog

although Rashad shocked me with his KO of Chuck, I have to say that that was a lucky punch.

I'm banking on Rashad putting Forest on his back and getting subbed.

I also see Page-Silva III looking an awful lot like the other two fights.

Even if Page can capitalize on using the cage to take down Silva, Silva if very underrated off his back and I could see him subbing him.

Nog... I agree.

^i edited my last post with a video that hasn't been yanked yet.

the Minotauro vs Mir fight is interesting to me. i'm a fan of both so it's hard for me to pick. but overall, i think Minotauro has too much experience and will end up winning. something about Rashad Evans is telling me he can pull off a win against Forrest Griffin. Silva vs Jackson seems a bit unnecessary at this point. and i'm looking forward to seeing Cheick Kongo and Yushin Okami back in action.

fights less than a week away, looking forward to it!

most of those fights did not turn out how i expected. i didn't expect Rampage to KO Silva in such a devastating fashion. and i didn't expect Frank Mir to beat Nog either. i like both of those guys, so i felt bad for Nog, and happy for Mir. Mir has had to come back from alot to get to the top again. so it's great to see him win against all odds.

i had a feeling Rashad was going to win. so i got 1 out of 3 correct. so all the underdogs won, and 2 new champions were crowned. good night of fights overall.

now Frank Mir will meet Brock Lesnar for the undisputed heavyweight title. i hope Mir subs him quick, just like the first time.

the reason I was concerned about the Mir fight. Was that Mir pointed out something I had not considered. Has Nog taken too many shots? Is he slower and in discomfort from years of abuse that Mir hasnt had to take? Someone said the similar thing about Silva too. Can these things be true at such a young age?

Although I can not warm up to Mir, I do hope that he finishes Lesar. Because I really cant stand Lesnar.

So now are we looking at Nog vs. Couture?

• 2 weeks later...
the reason I was concerned about the Mir fight. Was that Mir pointed out something I had not considered. Has Nog taken too many shots? Is he slower and in discomfort from years of abuse that Mir hasnt had to take? Someone said the similar thing about Silva too. Can these things be true at such a young age?

Although I can not warm up to Mir, I do hope that he finishes Lesar. Because I really cant stand Lesnar.

So now are we looking at Nog vs. Couture?

though still only in their early 30's, both Nog and Silva have been in the professional MMA circuit for over 10 years. in those 10 years, Nog has had 37 fights and Silva has had 42 fights. doing the math, what is that, a fight every 3-4 months for 10 yrs? so they have taken a lot of punishment which seems to be catching up with them.

this interview might help you warm up to Mir. i'm with you, i hope Mir sends Brock back to WWE.

i hope we do see Nog vs Coutre. i think that would be the best fight for both of them right now, considering it's the last fight on Randy's contract. win or lose, he should go out fighting a top ranked veteran like Nog.

MMA fans have a good 3 weekends coming up.

first, Jan 17th in Dublin, Ireland UFC 93

Rich Franklin Vs. Dan Henderson

Mark "The Hammer" Coleman Vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Alan Belcher Vs. Denis Kang

then, Jan 24th in Anaheim, CA Affliction: Day of Reckoning

Fedor Emilianenko (#1 Ranked Heavyweight) Vs. Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovski (#2 Ranked Heavyweight)

Josh Barnett (#3 Ranked Heavyweight) Vs. Gilber Yvel

Renato "Babalu" Sobral Vs. Theiry Sokoudjou

finally, the big one! Jan. 31st in Las Vegas, NV UFC 94 (site to go live soon)

Georges "Rush" St-Pierre (current Welterweight Champion) Vs. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn (current Lightweight Champion)

Lyoto Machida Vs. Thiago Silva (both currently undefeated)

very exciting fights!

• 2 weeks later...